• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

mood

kel varnsen said:
oleguer is actually a pretty decent right back, imo. decent going forward and a solid defender. i think our right side will have it easier...

Our right side will definitely have it easier. Puyol is also their right sided centre-back.. he drifts right alot and Oleguer moves into a central position. Oleguer is a very solid player.

GvB is their weakest link IMO. But he's playing vs his former club and may be up for it. If it's not GvB on at the night, then it's Sylvinho.. another former Arsenal player.

kel varnsen

Established Member
not really sure where to put this, but does anyone know if we have to go through the three qualifying rounds to qualify for next year's champions league if we win the final this season?

i'm not sure, but i think we will be directly qualified, as uefa said the winner is guaranteed a place in the next year's cup. would be nice forcing man u to have to qualify for next year's cl...

mood

kel varnsen said:
not really sure where to put this, but does anyone know if we have to go through the three qualifying rounds to qualify for next year's champions league if we win the final this season?

i'm not sure, but i think we will be directly qualified, as uefa said the winner is guaranteed a place in the next year's cup. would be nice forcing man u to have to qualify for next year's cl...

No, we will have to play 1 qualifying round because Tottenham wont go to the CL if we win it.

If Marquez, van Bommel for Barca get a yellow today, they'll miss the final. Milan have Nesta, Gattuso and Inzaghi with yellows. If Milan make it and were Nesta & Gattuso to miss the final, that would be great for us.

scruzgooner

my understanding is that we are in the qualifying stages if we win in paris and fail to get 4th or above in england. we are guaranteed a group spot if we get 4th or above and win in paris. i don't know what that does to the qualifying pairings, but i heard we'd definitely be seeded in a group if we qualified for the cl and won it all as well...

mariaines

mood said:
kel varnsen said:

No, we will have to play 1 qualifying round because Tottenham wont go to the CL if we win it.

If Marquez, van Bommel for Barca get a yellow today, they'll miss the final. Milan have Nesta, Gattuso and Inzaghi with yellows. If Milan make it and were Nesta & Gattuso to miss the final, that would be great for us.

not only marquez and van bommel.. puyol is also in danger :roll: :cry:

kel varnsen

Established Member
mood said:
kel varnsen said:

are you sure? i distinctly remember reading that we'll get 'chelsea's' place, they'll get man u's and so on...

scruzgooner

kel varnsen said:
mood said:
kel varnsen said:

are you sure? i distinctly remember reading that we'll get 'chelsea's' place, they'll get man u's and so on...
if so, that'd only be if we win it all...*and* get 4th.

nazo

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
mood said:
kel varnsen said:

That's how it is.
We get Chelski's, they get Manure's and so on.

scruzgooner

according to section IV, article 6.02 of uefa's regulations for the champions league, "If the title-holders take part, they are always the top seed."

nothing on whether or not we start in the qualifying stages. i assume, if we end 5th, and take ****'s place, we'll have to enter at the same stage of the quals they would have (thus, iirc, the third round of qualifiers), and if we qualify we'd automatically be seeded highest in our group.

Viper

Established Member
bluenaz said:
kel varnsen said:
mood said:
kel varnsen said:

That's how it is.
Why did Liverpool have to qualify?

kel varnsen

Established Member
Viper said:
bluenaz said:
kel varnsen said:
mood said:
kel varnsen said:

That's how it is.
Why did Liverpool have to qualify?

because uefa made an exception for them.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
For me what will decide if we play 4--5-1 or 4-4-2 is Van Persies form. If he gets back to his best, scores goals and puts in good consistant performances then its Robin all the way but if not then its 4-5-1.

I would hate to see Henry isolated again he would hate it too. We just simply cannot let them control the game.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Something just crossed my mind.....did we get any yellow cards that will keep a player out of the final?

I know Toure didn't get 1 and that is excellent as he has been our best defender in the Champions League this season hands down.

koivu

Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Something just crossed my mind.....did we get any yellow cards that will keep a player out of the final?

I know Toure didn't get 1 and that is excellent as he has been our best defender in the Champions League this season hands down.

Nope. Only thing keeping guys out is injuries.

AyrGooner

Definitely go straight into group stage if we win it....here's a story from uefa.com from a few weeks back saying who were in the qualifying positions back then.

It's not only Sp*rs that are ****ting themselves about us winning it, if we do it also means Celtic miss out on a place straight in the group stages and would face the possibility of another Artmedia Bratislava style humiliation.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/ne ... 10629.html

dublingunner

Established Member
Well there it is. It was tight but Barca did make it after all. Let's hope they continue to miss their chances just like that...

:D

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
dublingunner said:
Well there it is. It was tight but Barca did make it after all. Let's hope they continue to miss their chances just like that...

:D
Hope we play 4-4-2 like Milan did. Milan got chances & should have scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom