• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal | Wed 4th Nov 19.45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Last time we beat them after Guardiola substituted out two world class midfielders due to what seemed minor injuries. I doubt he'll be making that mistake again. Add to that Robben is back, it's home ground for them, and Walcott is missing, you'll find what we have on Weds is a terrifying formula.

Frankly, I'm scared ****less.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
OK, I am going to say something controversial, I'd like to see Jeff play as striker, I think he would be our best hope on the counter.

Fallout

Praying that Alexis has a stormer. He didn't look good vs the Swans but we really, really need him to play well in this match. It will be so hard for us to counter through Giroud. The Walcott injury is perhaps the worse one of the bunch. Overall I'm feeling quite pessimistic, but I was also pessimistic pre-Swansea and it turned out I was wrong (I suppose I was half right though, in a way). Good luck Arsenal.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
Controversial is when you want Mourinho/Rodgers to replace Wenger at Arsenal.

Jeff upfront might actually work.

Yes but it will upset the Giroud fanboys to suggest that a 17 year old could do better against one of the best teams in the world.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
Shame Walcott is out. They'll stick two on Sanchez all game and Boateng has Giroud beat for pace all day. Gonna need Joel to have a huge night.

Emibury

Yes but it will upset the Giroud fanboys to suggest that a 17 year old could do better against one of the best teams in the world.

It's insulting to describe people who value Giroud as "fanboys". He happens to be the best striker we have, and one of the better strikers in the PL currently. That is fairly obvious to anyone who tries to be objective. CF is currently clearly one of our weakest areas but to suggest Jeff is likely to be better than Giroud up front is quite a statement with very little to back it up.

TheGlitch

It's insulting to describe people who value Giroud as "fanboys". He happens to be the best striker we have, and one of the better strikers in the PL currently. That is fairly obvious to anyone who tries to be objective. CF is currently clearly one of our weakest areas but to suggest Jeff is likely to be better than Giroud up front is quite a statement with very little to back it up.
They value pace over a strategic/tactical set up. In pace we trust.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member

How about this, I wouldn't want to risk getting Giroud injured in the CL when the PL is much more important, would that persuade you? ;)

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
OK, I am going to say something controversial, I'd like to see Jeff play as striker, I think he would be our best hope on the counter.
Based on? Even in the U17, it was obvious his primary role is not a goal scorer. If you wanted a kid to start as a striker, then with our current reserve players around, that would be Iwobi. Jeff wouldn't be anywhere near that at this point.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
Based on? Even in the U17, it was obvious his primary role is not a goal scorer. If you wanted a kid to start as a striker, then with our current reserve players around, that would be Iwobi. Jeff wouldn't be anywhere near that at this point.

Wenger already said he sees him as a potential future striker. Said he could play anywhere really.

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Its hard to see him surviving 90 mins vs bayern munich. His fitness will surely be test to its already short limits. Iwobi gibs and jeff must be carried for substitute impacts.
Iwobi & Jeff???

I reckon he'd play Flamini & Gibbs getting a run out before the two youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom