• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL| Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal (A), 7.45pm 13/9, SS4

GOONER1991

Established Member
gun__1314290490_ucl_group_f.jpg

180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
v
200px-Borussia_Dortmund.png

A win in to get our Champions League campaign running would be brilliant, as we're a club still low on confidence, and now need to go on a run of games. I still wouldn't judge our team after this match, they've still only had like a week's training together, but it will be nice to see players like Gervinho and Song come back into the fold and further improve our team.

-------------Szczesny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs

------------Song - Arteta

Walcott -------Ramsey-----------Gervinho

--------------Van Persie

Is what I expect to see from us.

Hope the players can do it, but we've got a lot of new faces in there, while Wenger is also going to be absent from the bench, so I don't know if we'll look any more cohesive than we were today.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Re: CL| Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal (A), 7.45pm 14/9, SS4

Ill drop Ramsey and play Arshavin in the AM position. Im interested to see how we handle a formation which we look to play ourselves.

Also looking forward to seeing Gotze in action again, really like the kid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

A hard game draw or win will be good result today dortmund lost in thier stadium. i want ramsey and walcott rest but walcott playing good in champions league sides like udinese

Chesney

Sagna-Kosh-Per-Santos

Song-Arteta

Walcott-RVP-gervinho

Park

GOONER1991

Established Member

SA Gunner said:
Ill drop Ramsey and play Arshavin in the AM position. Im interested to see how we handle a formation which we look to play ourselves.

Also looking forward to seeing Gotze in action again, really like the kid.

Agreed. Arshavin looked decent today, and drifted into the middle a lot. He played well for Russia recently too. I'd say give him a chance, but Ramsey will undoubtedly get the nod in the AM position, and once again fail to create many if any chances for us.

Mastadon

Established Member

Arshavin has never really been given the chance to play in the middle for us no matter how poorly the other contenders for the position are playing. He is wasted on the left.

Irish_Owen

Established Member

A win of any sorts will be great for us in this game. Arguably the hardest game of the group, and could be decisive in us finishing top or second.

Or third ;)

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Realy looking forward to this.

Dortmund haven't been their usual selfes in their last two games, and we've never been so since the start of the season anyway.

Might be a cracker.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

redwhiteAustrian said:

Dortmund haven't been their usual selfes in their last two games, and we've never been so since the start of the season anyway.

Might be a cracker.

Did you know what is thier weakest point?

i dont watch german league so much so i ask you cuz you watching it :mrgreen: .

Floating

Established Member

redwhiteAustrian said:

Might be a cracker.

Mate, we haven't been ourselves since February.

kalleTheMan

Established Member

If we beat Dortmund away it would be a strong message we're back on track

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

yousif_persie said:
Did you know what is thier weakest point?

i dont watch german league so much so i ask you because you watching it :mrgreen: .

Their weakest link.....tough question. Their defending is a bit suspect at times, but as is ours.

If they play their pressing game as good as they did last season, we're in trouble if we don't improve massively on today.
If they keep hold of the ball as good as they did last season, we're more in even more trouble.
If they keep wasting their chances as they always do, we might have a good chance.

However, I wasn't overly impressed by them in their last games vs Hertha and Leverkusen, their game at Hoffenheim wasn't good either, but we've our very own problems at the moment, so it's an open game.

It'll be difficult to break them down if they press well, we need a quality performance to escape with all three points.

The key for them will be to stop us from playing, and that should be our main goal as well.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

great informations @RedwhiteAustrian thx about it, really looking forword to have gervinho and song back we could use gervinho pace and skills.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

I'm sure Dortmund fans will have a different view on that matter yousif, but we'll get a very good impression on Tuesday anyway.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd like to see this team, reckon it'll give us the best chance of a win with the current available players:

- - - - Szczesny - - - -
Sagna - Per - Kos - Santos
- - - Song - - Arteta - -
- - - - Arshavin - - - - -
Walcott - RvP - Gervinho

:- Santos has more experience than Gibbs for this game.
:- Song needs to play without doubt, next to Arteta.
:- Ramsey needs a rest, Arshavin looked decent today so i'd play him in a free role.
:- Walcott and Gervinho switching wings all game would be nice to see.

IBL

Established Member

Will be good to have Gervinho back, he's going to be such an important player for us this season I feel.

qs

Established Member

I'd like to see,

-------------Szczesny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Santos

------------Song - Arteta

Gervinho -------Ramsey---------- Arshavin

--------------Van Persie

Walcott needs time to allow his hamstrings to fully recover. Not sure about starting Shava again but if he's fit enough he should be able for an hour before bringing Benayoun in.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Lets not be silly - we have to play 3 in the middle.

Good result and slowly but surely the confidence will return. Good to have Song back. Dortmund not the team they were last year - so far anyway.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom