• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 24/03/04

Kyla

It wasn't a great performance today. But does everybdoy fancy our chances at Highbury? Chelsea were tactically spot-on today. They kept our attackers out! Perhaps we will see a more attacking Chelsea at Highbury!

Alexone234

I am happy. Chelsea are going to have to play a completely different game next week, which will leave gaps for our boys.

Kyla

If we ever do face Real, I think we are seriously ****ed. They conceded two i think but scored 4. Monaco are a decent side and still leaked 4 goals. Damn.

But still forget potentially being blown away by Madrid- will we win at Highbury!

lewdikris

Established Member
Excellent result. Good, hard, solid battle - Chelsea won't and probably can't play any better than they did from 20 - 60. And there goal only came about because of a fluke.

You simply cannot blame Lehmann for that. Wenger asks him to come out for those balls, and so the defender left it to him. Gudjohnson simply did very well to put him under pressure, and finished superbly well.

Desailly was about as stoopid as it gets. Comedy yellow, then got done straight after. So much for all the experience.

As with the league game earlier this season, Henry wasn't really involved, and Bergkamp probably even less so - but we got the result. This puts Ranieri in a real quandary for the second leg - they have to get a goal, but know we'll come for them anyways, so what formation does he pick? Who plays? He won't know, and the players won't know for sometime yet - which makes it much easier for us just to play our game.

Men of the Match? Kolo and Pires by a country mile. Bobby warmed up for that header against Boro in the cup (it was disallowed) - but tonight it came off. Great ball by Cole - as good as Pirlo's last night - and an unstoppable header right in the bottom corner.

thegame24

Established Member
Kyla Chelsea will attack no doubt, hopefully we are better with our final ball and beat them like we can.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
1-1 is a great result.

The away goal is a really big bonus. We WILL score next time which means they have to score 2 at least.

I saw the Gudjohnson interview after the match and he looked really deflated. they have NO idea how to beat Arsenal. To be fair, Chelsea played a great game ... as good as any they have played but still did not win.

This is one big headache for them .... a great result for us. I wanted 3-1, anything but a loss (or 0-0) was a win in my eyes.

GunnerUS9

evoke said:
I think your a OK domestic side, but if you come up against the TOP european clubs they will give you a footy lesson.

Wenger. "You can only class a great club by European victorys."

You know, I was looking for United's result today, but I couldn't seem to find it. Who did they play, and how did they do? :wink:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
are you kidding me? he isnt Seamo you know.. he has made a few mistakes this year... i think we are all forgetting that we have lost exactly 2 matches this year (Carling Cup not withstanding, Lehmann didnt play in those)..... 2 matches... we have had 19 goals scored on us in 29 league matches... he's gotta be doing SOMETHING ok... i dont care that he has a few blunders.. every keeper does... fact is, we are winning and thats all that matters.. and the PLAYERS trust him (for the most part) and THAT is what REALLY matters.....

rufus

we have a 3 very difficult games the next 14 days and you´re only concern is how arsenal will perform against real?

Kyla

Most here expected a win, so I'm suprised that some of you are happy with 1-1, but that away goal is vital. However, Chelsea have nothing to lose now- i'm expecting an attacking flurry from them.

DOls

I watched the game and at first I was upset with Lehmann for leaving our
goal completely empty, but then there was no Arsenal players around to
help him and he almost got to the ball before Gudjohnsen.
That's not true that he made some sort of diflection that helped Gudjohnsen
to get the ball.
We had no chance to save it.

I think our passing was appalling, we were losing the ball very easily.
But I loved the way they worked together and everyone was everywhere.

I noticed Pires yell "together" as he was running away after he scored that
precious equalizer.

I love my Gunners.
Come on Arsenal!!!
We'll see you at Highbury, Chelski ...

patrick42uk

Established Member
if we were a more defensive minded team, this would be a perfect scorline. but we are not, hate to say it but its inevitable we will concede one. 3 clean sheets in the last 14 games shows that. Its important that chelsea dont score first against us because that will give them a lead to hang on to. 10 clean sheets in their last 14 shows they are good at that. we need to get at them. henry would need to improve. I know its hard because he is singled out for special attention but i believe he can produce more. with him on song, we can win this.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
USArsenal said:
are you kidding me? he isnt Seamo you know.. he has made a few mistakes this year... i think we are all forgetting that we have lost exactly 2 matches this year (Carling Cup not withstanding, Lehmann didnt play in those)..... 2 matches... we have had 19 goals scored on us in 29 league matches... he's gotta be doing SOMETHING ok... i dont care that he has a few blunders.. every keeper does... fact is, we are winning and thats all that matters.. and the PLAYERS trust him (for the most part) and THAT is what REALLY matters.....

Yeah Lehmann is a great goalie for us. Maybe not the best in the PL, but that does not matter. We are a great TEAM. Do not break the team.

Jens stays.

Kyla

It's worrying that we were so below par in a game that you would expect the players to be hyped for. I think Chelsea's goal was needed in retrospect. It forced the boys' hand a bit.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom