• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 24/03/04

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, he made a mistake, but he made 3 BIG saves right after that to keep us in the match... Cudicini gifted us goals in the past, at least we didnt LOSE because of it.... we are still in a good position

JazzG

Established Member
When you come up against the top sides you have to accept a draw is a good result away from home. We got the away goal so it almost will be like going into the 2nd leg with a 1-0 lead.

Didn't think we would win and didn't, obviously would of prefered a win. However a 1-1 will do me 8)

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Decent result i spose. Whoever said Edu is playing really bad - what the fup are you on? He was the best Arsenal player on the pitch by a mile.

lee1001

Established Member
I dont give a **** if he made two great saves.
Cuducini and Howard makes great saves...but they RARELY give away stupid goals like that.

He is a good keeper, but would not make the top 3 goalkeepers in the EPL, let alone the CL.

A

Anonymous

I think your a OK domestic side, but if you come up against the TOP european clubs they will give you a footy lesson.

Wenger. "You can only class a great club by European victorys."

Sammer

Established Member
We did not really deserve the draw imo. It was a very mediocre performance, although we had slight more ball possession (due to Wengerball that is), Chelsea looked a lot more dangerous.

After the 1st goal, they had a few excellent chances to score a 2nd one.

It´s a decent result, but we need to show more spirit, more agressiveness and determination

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

evoke said:
I think your a OK domestic side, but if you come up against the TOP european clubs they will give you a footy lesson.

"An ok domestic side"?!

If you haven't got something inteeligent to say you're on the wrong board, pal.

Allyboy

Established Member
Chelsea scoring was the best thing that could have happened for us, we were far to laid back and some of our stuff was plain sloppy.

However the Chelsea goal, and their subsequent near second made us get our arses into gear.

Still if Pires is going to score with a header, then maybe we just win the treble....

Must play better second leg though.

Taozhe

lee1001 said:
I dont give a s**t if he made two great saves.
Cuducini and Howard makes great saves...but they RARELY give away stupid goals like that.

He is a good keeper, but would not make the top 3 goalkeepers in the EPL, let alone the CL.

Rarely?

Lehman suits our style of play. Lauren and cole didnt track back becos they tot he was gonna get it ... they trust him. Trust between defenders and goalkeeper is vital

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hard games coming up
I be aged 1000 years by the time we have played MU and 2nd leg at home

kajej

Toure was man of the match not Edu. Another solid preformance by him.

Just saw about 4 replays of Lehman's mistake and he simply shouldn't have gone up for it. Campbell was right behind Gudjonsen and he would have been able to pressure him enough to take away the danger.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lehmann made good saves yes. but can anyone confidently predict that he wont make another costly mistake this season? because i cant. almost every game he makes slight errors which dont often result in goals, but eventually it will. thats two in two games now because the bolton goal too can be blamed on him. that sort of consistent error making is worrying. We always like to make suggestions here about potential signings, but no one has really suggested a keeper. i think that should be top of the list.

Taozhe

Pires's header was well placed. IT wasnt a strong one and Ambrosio should had saved it .... cudicini might had gotten it ... Hmm ...

thegame24

Established Member
Cudi messed up against us

Howard messed up against wolves and boro.

I was annoyed that we didnt play our best, we always lacked in the final ball, bar the goal.

I wanted to see Kanu come on but he did not.

Gilberto RM doesnt go, he doesnt know what to do when he gets the ball to attack.

Pires was outstanding team player

Kolo played well as did Vieira, Sol was a rock

Edu had one of those YEAHHHHHH AHHHHHH games great tackling but then gave away a bit.

Good point is that Chelsea played at their best and they still couldnt beat us even when we wernt firing like usual.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
evoke said:

kind of like your squad showed the rest of the world how great they are? BWAHAHAHAHAHA

whatever.... amazing who comes out of the woodwork when we dont win... (not even LOSE, just dont win...)

gimme a break.... we're in a decent position to advance still... more than i can say for you

Allyboy

Established Member
evoke said:

We are top of the Premiership so this season we have been the best side in the league, ergo the BEST domestic side, so your argument literally makes no sense.....

I suppose by at TOP european club you mean your beloved Man U, and I agree, if you play us in this seasons competition I am sure you will spank us.

Oh wait, thats right you cannot, because you have already crashed out!

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom