• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb v Arsenal - 16/09/2015, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
nUYgfnW.jpg

dinamozagreb.png
VS.
arsenal.png

Dinamo Zagreb were beaten 5-1 on aggregate by Arsenal in the 2006/07 third qualifying round, losing 3-0 at home and 2-1 away.

- Cech -
- Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal -
- Coquelin - Cazorla -
- Özil -
- Ramsey - Walcott - Alexis -

RandyMarsh

Established Member
On the fence whether it should be Theo or Giroud for this one. Want Theo to be fresh for next w.e but also want him to get as many games as possible to get his scoring touch back..

Cech
Bellerin Gab Kos Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin
Ox Özil Alexis
Theo

I'll go with Theo :)

RandyMarsh

Established Member
So the people wanting Theo to start this, will play Giroud against Chelsea?

Can't play Theo 3 times in one week, travelling to Zagreb too.
Yeah probably makes sense to rest Theo for this one actually. But tbf there's plenty of other players who will play 3 times over the next week. I'm sure Theo could handle it but I wouldn't be against resting him at all.

David Smith

Established Member
It sucks how we go to Croatia on Wednesday and then got a 12:45pm kick off on Saturday at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea are at home to an even weaker team on Wednesday. This could have a big effect.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Think it's more important that Theo can continue his goalscoring than getting a rest. He only plays for 75 minutes most games anyway.

David Smith

Established Member
I don't know how good Zagreb are but regardless of it we need a win here. We have Bayern in our group. It's important to get off to a good start, I say play our strongest team.

Walcott on his way to 100 goals club.

Giroud with his usual strong responds after months of doing nothing.

Who to play... Who to play!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I would start Theo but GDeep makes a good point. Anyways the other 10 players remains the same for me, possibly Ox forcing his way in but Wenger won't change a winning team too much.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Cech
Bellerin Koscielny Gabriel Gibbs
Chamberlain Arteta Coquelin Özil
Cazorla
Giroud

I think this side has a very good balance capable of getting a result in Croatia and rests a couple of players for Chelsea next week.

I just don't like Cazorla in the Cm position, as soon as Arteta came on today Santi moved in the No.10 hole and looked great.

Proof

Established Member
Play the best possible team and start the UCL campaign with a positive result to keep the momentum going into Saturday's important match against Chelsea.

I want to see more from Walcott in the ST postion (confidence is critical for a striker) even if I'm not sold on him in that spot. This season is going to be a toss-up between him and Giroud.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
------Joel---Giroud---Ox
----------------Cazorla
----------Ramsey---Arteta
Gibbs-Gabriel-Koscienly-Debuchy
---------------Cech

More than enough to win.

drummergunner

------Joel---Giroud---Ox
----------------Cazorla
----------Ramsey---Arteta
Gibbs-Gabriel-Koscienly-Debuchy
---------------Cech

More than enough to win.
I don't think Sanchez and Özil will be dropped for this. I think we'll play the same team as today. Per might come in for Gabby, and Giroud for Theo. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

Bould14

Play Theo 60 minutes This is a must win game for us. We must be sharp for Chelsea, and be the final nail in the coffin of their top 4 hopes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
it's will be the same line up who played today the only change could be Giroud for Theo. i have Zero knowledge about Dinamo Zagreb team. but in away game and we should take it very seriously.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We should make some changes that won't affect the team as a whole. I reckon Sanchez could do with a rest as well as Theo and Bellerin.

We could potentially play Cazorla at AM and move Ramsey to CM if we wanted to rest Özil.

AVENTUS

Crazy.

We've played what 5 games and already people are talking about resting players what the he'll do we pay them for.?

They play simple as that don't rest anybody not even Sanchez were away to Zagreb not at home they'll give us a game no doubt about that win here is crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom