• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: FC Bayern München vs Arsenal - 13/3/2013 19:45 - SS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The Jury said:
Could have wasted another 30 seconds, too, Evoh, with another sub. He done **** all. We were all screaming for a change at h/t, but nothing. We were a different side as soon as he changed things around. this isn't hindsight, this was in-running comments that can be seen a few pages back. Infuriating.

Yup agree the changes made a difference to our fluidity but I thought he times it reasonably well in hindsight maybe an extra 5 mins would have been handy .

akhil

TakeChillPill said:
so proud of the boys, we got some pride back!

on a side note from a defensive perspective we were excellent! like to see more of it.

Jenkinson, Fabianski came in and done a superb job.

Ramesy was the worst player on the pitch by a mile, the amount of misplaced passess was utterly unbareable...cocked up even the most basic of passess! definatly needs to be sent out on loan, should be no where near the first team.

He made some sloppy passes but no less than Arteta and Rosicky. Our first goal came from him breaking past the Bayern midfield and collecting Cazorla's pass. The number of times he broke forward to help the attack and then get back into position beside Arteta was ridiculous. Watching Rosicky and Arteta sprint is cringeworthy stuff. Wasn't helped by the fact that Rosicky seemed to be playing the first half like he was high or something.
Everything he played was behind their target or not in their stride as they were about to break.

Worst player on the pitch was Giroud not Ramsey. Couldn't hold the ball up to help the midfield.

VancouverCanuck

akhil said:
Wasn't helped by the fact that Rosicky seemed to be playing the first half like he was high or something.
Everything he played was behind their target or not in their stride as they were about to break.
I thought Rosicky was very poor in the first half: kept turning the ball over to Bayern. Despite the early goal, we were totally dominated in the first half. But I am really proud of our fighting spirit, even though I thought there was a gulf in class between the two teams. And our defense was wonderful: well organized and limited Bayern to a handful of good chances even though they had the majority of the possession.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
well, that was it then, the strategy. keep a clean, try to get an early goal. then see how it goes from there. that's why rosicky kept trying risky passes, that's why we still couldn't quite cement our dominance in first half because keeping clean sheet was priority.

but people will still complain that wenger doesn't do tactics.... coming from people whose only exposure to tactics in their life has been video games and sky sports.. unless they're busy getting their undies twisted about a lineup that hasn't even been confirmed yet. come on guys that was some constipated stuff, it's like *****ing the weather tmw only because you saw some clouds today. he put out the best squad he could, yet people freak out because coquelin was included in the squad sheet.

twitter. all it took was a ****ing twitter post to get **** started. seriously.

blrgooner

Established Member
This game clearly showed that it is possible to win big games even without playing very well if we don`t defend like schoolboys. I think dropping Vermealen made a huge difference. Defenders should always be intelligent rather than aggressive IMO.
This is exactly how teams like Man United tend to win big games with sides far superior than them.

Anzac

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/f365-says/8563368/F365-Says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/f365-says/8563368/F365-Says</a>

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
TakeChillPill said:
so proud of the boys, we got some pride back!

on a side note from a defensive perspective we were excellent! like to see more of it.

Jenkinson, Fabianski came in and done a superb job.

Ramesy was the worst player on the pitch by a mile, the amount of misplaced passess was utterly unbareable...cocked up even the most basic of passess! definatly needs to be sent out on loan, should be no where near the first team.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

The whole midfield was off yesterday, same with the attack, but to single out Ramsey is utterly harsh. Rosicky had his worst game for a couple of months, and Arteta has shown yet again that he doesn't cut it at the European stage.
Ramsey was the best out of those three, easily. That doesn't mean he's been great, but surely not as bad as you make it out.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, Rosicky was by far our worst player, played in such a key position as well, Ramsey's work rate was crucial yesterday.

TheCourier

I'm walking taller today for the way the boys performed. Restored so much last night and gave hope again. Lets finish the league of in style with new recruits in in the summer.

COYG!!!!

Poacher

I thought we were going to get absolutely battered, ecstatic to have been proved wrong!

Certainly a big two fingers up to the pre-match critics such as myself.

Hopefully we will kick on from here and finish in the top 4. I still fancy Sp**s to reach top 4 though, I think with all their 'Rafa' problems that Chelsea will miss out.

glaveror

Aahh,that was annoying..so close and yet so far,frustrating indeed. I just hope we won't make a habbit of these "almost" going through to the next round.
Oh well,let the guys take everything positive from last night and get that top 4 finish,preferably at the expense of Sp*ds-that would at least give us something to enjoy this season!
On a side note it's really,really annoying to see refs making such obvious mistakes at this level-not just tonight but on numerous other games as well..get a grip UEFA ffs!!

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@10akhil
As AFC fans left the Arena last night - Arsenal till I die was sung, that was some serious noise!
Our away fans are amazing, if only all Arsenal fan were like them

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Arteta pissed me off royally last night at the end, and Rosicky did his best to throw the game (not to mention the ref and linesman on the far side). Despite not playing well in terms of quality our victory shows what a bit of bottle can do. United have been getting away with average squads because of it in many seasons, while we only seem to find some impetus when it's already too late. Frustrating.

Well at least we can focus on the PL now.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
jmsmtthw28 said:
@10akhil
As AFC fans left the Arena last night - Arsenal till I die was sung, that was some serious noise!
Our away fans are amazing, if only all Arsenal fan were like them

When you see and hear our away fans in person you can't help but respect them. Most of them have day jobs and still don't mind getting home in the morning hours, proper fans.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I don't think we learned anything new yesterday. We always tend to perform well when there is no pressure on the team to perform. Yet, when the stakes are high and there are expectations on the team to produce, we're nervous, playing with the handbrake or some other **** like that.

This was yet another addition to our every growing list of glorious failures. We should at least once be on the winning side of these crunch games, but we never do. We always fall short.

outlaw_member

Established Member
titi perfection said:
Just goes to show what happens when the defense behaves like a defense, such a shame we gifted them those cheap goals in the home tie. Im proud of the team tonigh,t everybody wrote us off and we even did the impossible and kept a clean sheet.

No, this is what happens when we enjoy very little of the ball, are naturally forced back and subsequently have 6-8 players in deep positions who can help create two banks in front of the GK. We can defend well, if we employ a defensive based strategy.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Floating said:
Wouterus said:
Jenkinson convinced me today. He is a much better player than I initially thought. Needs to improve many aspects of his game, but the talent is there.

He was immense today. His passion for the club is so evident.

I thought he was excellent, especially the highlight moment when he stopped Robben on the break. However, yesterday's game was suited to showcasing his strengths. He's a strong defensive player, and we spent plenty of the game in our own half, so it highlighted his defensive game whilst protecting his flaws (offensive game). I think he'd have been shown up a little if we were dominating the game, and needed him to advance the ball.

WengerFaithful

Devils advocate here but that was a good win but very poor performance - our passing was dreadful we needed three goals to win the tie yet didnt get three shots on target. Bayern played in second gear yet had three/four times as many chances. Never pushed on after the early goal - disjointed.

Wenger left it too late to make the changes neccessary to win the tie.

And that is the nuts and bolts of it - Arsenal where happy to win the match but not enough willingness to win the tie.

Yes we will get good momentum after winning the match and role on Swansea but for me Arsenal left a big chance behind them yesterday.

As I said Devils Advocate and I am happy Pride has been restored but tinted glasses isn't reality.

AliBabaBrewer

Are people seriously saying that Ramsey was our worst player on the night?
I personally thought he had a decent game and would've prefered to have seen Rosicky come off in the second half instead of him.

In a game like that, with no Wilshere, I think Wenger should've moved Cazorla into the middle and dropped Rosicky from the get go. Gervinho actually looked bright when he came on and it pains me to say it but with hindsight, I think I wish I'd've seen him start on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom