• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: FC Bayern München vs Arsenal - 13/3/2013 19:45 - SS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Seeing Hoeneß' fire-red head after we made it 2-0 made the evening absolutely perfect. A third goal would've blown his head up though, but one can't have everything.....

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Can't fault the lads performance yesterday. Well done. I did start dreaming for a second but nevermind. Our "big win" of the season finally.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Can't fault the lads performance yesterday. Well done. I did start dreaming for a second but nevermind. Our "big win" of the season finally.

mo50

Established Member
Arteta must have broken the record for the most fouls in a knockout CL game. Admittedly the ref just blew the whistle a few times to **** with him, but my goodness was he all over the place defensively.

You simply can't go barging in to players like that. Those two unecessary fouls he conceded at the end killed most of injury time. For someone who is 31 years old you'd think he'd catch on. Unacceptable stuff from him yesterday, which was my only issue last night.

Oh, and 3 minutes of injury time was ridiculous. The time wasting Robben did alone warranted another 2 minutes.

Floating

Established Member
Arteta was poor, and Rosicky, although I loved his energy, gave the ball away countless times and never looked particularly threatening. Cazorla also looked very isolated on the left.

That said, I thought our pressing and discipline was really encouraging. We looked like a team for the first time since the beginning of the season.

leo_ense

Established Member
Arteta had too many moments of madness in injury time, we had the momentum and his unnecessary fouls stopped that. This to me is another indication that he shouldn't solely carry the defensive responsibility, he is much better with a more defensive partner next to him (Song/Arteta partnership) which allows him to contribute defensively aswell as help set our rhythm and tempo in the game. Having the burden of being DM has completely removed his offensive abilities from last season where he would control the game, switch play, find our AM between the lines and also his long range shooting which got us a number of goals last season. A more defensively able midfielder is a must this summer imo and it will bring the best out of our team.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
We played ****, was a horrible match to watch, so many misplaced passes on both sides.

Should still have gone through probably, but there's only so much you can do against 14 men. Most blatant bullshit officiating I've seen in a long time, felt like playing Manure at OT with Riley as ref and Webb & Clattenburg for linesmen.

Absolutely disgusting, ****ed us over in every single 50/50, but some **** was far too blatant, Walcott's offside position, Koscielny and not Neuer being booked after Neuer throws himself on the ball, and three minutes injury time after four subs, five to ten yellow cards and Robben alone simulating for ten minutes on the ground. They took about two minutes to kick off after we scored the 2nd as well, you'd expect the ****ing police to look into this if it wasn't an UEFA officiated match.

dpt49

Established Member
jones said:
We played ****, was a horrible match to watch, so many misplaced passes on both sides.

Should still have gone through probably, but there's only so much you can do against 14 men. Most blatant bullshit officiating I've seen in a long time, felt like playing Manure at OT with Riley as ref and Webb & Clattenburg for linesmen.

Absolutely disgusting, ****** us over in every single 50/50, but some **** was far too blatant, Walcott's offside position, Koscielny and not Neuer being booked after Neuer throws himself on the ball, and three minutes injury time after four subs, five to ten yellow cards and Robben alone simulating for ten minutes on the ground. They took about two minutes to kick off after we scored the 2nd as well, you'd expect the ******* police to look into this if it wasn't an UEFA officiated match.
I noticed in the Barcelaona v AC Milan game that Barcelona got a few key decisions go their way, and at important periods of the game.

One of Messi's goals was clearly offside and there was a decision against Milan in a clear goal scoring situation.

It is not a new thing either. The worst decision against us, which virtually wiped out any chance of us beating Barcelona, was the RVP sending off, after shooting after the whistle had blown.

You would think that in the worlds biggest club competition some of the idiotic decisions and time keeping would be eradicated.

Surely it is not that difficult to operate a stop watch.
Even Ferguson knows how to use one of those, although his watch only reaches full time when he says so.

arsenallegends

Established Member
If we had Song and Van Persie yesterday we could have eeked out the necessary result. That pains me, and until the relevant issues are addressed, one cannot move past such sentiment.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
dpt49 said:
I noticed in the Barcelaona v AC Milan game that Barcelona got a few key decisions go their way, and at important periods of the game.

One of Messi's goals was clearly offside and there was a decision against Milan in a clear goal scoring situation.

It is not a new thing either. The worst decision against us, which virtually wiped out any chance of us beating Barcelona, was the RVP sending off, after shooting after the whistle had blown.

You would think that in the worlds biggest club competition some of the idiotic decisions and time keeping would be eradicated.

Surely it is not that difficult to operate a stop watch.
Even Ferguson knows how to use one of those, although his watch only reaches full time when he says so.

To be honest, Barca had more decisions against them than for them in the 2nd tie vs Milan. They had two stonewall penalty kicks denied, especially the one that Pedro should have got was ridiculously blatant, Abate just took him out completely without even having a chance to get to the ball. Doesn't make the RVP decision last year one iota better, but we have to be fair here.

Honestly feel the level of officiating in football, that includes the four big leagues as well as the CL and EL, is getting worse every year. There is way too much money and pressure involved in football these days that you can't just appoint some police or ****ing dentist to ref multi-billion matches with hundreds of millions of watchers all over the world. To get rid of this problem you'd have to get rid of Blatter's and Platini's syndicates first though.

Floating

Established Member
arsenallegends said:
If we had Song and Van Persie yesterday we could have eeked out the necessary result. That pains me, and until the relevant issues are addressed, one cannot move past such sentiment.

We had van Persie against Milan, and we didn't win. In fact, he missed the best chance of the match.

Glovegun

Established Member
That van Persie decision against Barcelona was criminal. I don't think a team has ever annoyed me as much. Genuinely felt like shooting Dani Alves.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
ooh man, totally, the fact that the first booking, it was actually abidal that had his hand around RvP neck initially (and he didnt get booked)...and the second booking was one of the worst decisions in the big game I have seen.

I might be wrong here but wasn't the ref that reffed the Barca V milan game the same guy because if he was...I'm sure I saw one of the players do the same as van Perise and didnt get booked.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It wasn't the same ref, it was Kassai on Tuesday and Busacca two years ago. Regardless who the ref was, Barca got shafted against Milan. Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant though.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Floating said:
arsenallegends said:

We had van Persie against Milan, and we didn't win. In fact, he missed the best chance of the match.

Fair enough, he never did perform as well in the CL. Actually bottled it on a lot of occasions.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Yeah, that sending off decision of RvP was definitely one of the worst reffing calls I've ever seen. There is no excuse that he was too far away or it happened so quickly or the like. The ref was bought, no question.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
arsenallegends said:
Floating said:
arsenallegends said:

Fair enough, he never did perform as well in the CL. Actually bottled it on a lot of occasions.

I watched that miss again just a few days ago and it was worse than I remembered.. Tried to be fancy instead of just doing the business. Cost Manu big time against Real too.

Vela

Established Member
Both of the chances we had we scored, Gervinho's effort was unlucky. I thought the defence and Fabianski done well. The midfield looked better defensively IMO compared to recent performances. The front three were a bit disappointing, Gervinho and Chamberlain done well off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom