• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Olympiacos FC vs Arsenal FC - Wed. Dec 9th, 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm getting on a plane, so can't answer. Watch the match, it's available online.

Maxim

There's a game plan in how Bayern played them.

Which is?

Watch the match, it's available online.

giphy.gif

Jazz

Even though Giroud isn’t the best overall, and I wouldn’t normally start him, he has to start here ALONG with Walcott and Campbell. We need goals and they’re our most likely goal scorers. Ox just doesn’t have end product so would be a waste to start him. Plus with Walcott and Giroud we would have two types of threats and thus won’t be as one dimensional in attack either.

Giroud

Campbell Theo

Özil

Ramsey Chambers

Nacho Boss Gabriel Bellerin

Cech​

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Even though Giroud isn’t the best overall, and I wouldn’t normally start him, he has to start here ALONG with Walcott and Campbell. We need goals and they’re our most likely goal scorers. Ox just doesn’t have end product so would be a waste to start him. Plus with Walcott and Giroud we would have two types of threats and thus won’t be as one dimensional in attack either.

Giroud

Campbell Theo

Özil

Ramsey Chambers

Nacho Boss Gabriel Bellerin

Cech​
Chambers???

The dude has played ONE game in that position for us. As much as Flamini gives me the willies, Chambers is only playing there if our resident billionaire is injured.

Last edited:

Jazz

Chambers???

The dude has played ONE game in that position for us. As much as Flamini gives me the willies, Chambers is only plating there if our resident billionaire is injured.
I was iffy on this too but Flam has been really dodgy as DM for a while now. Just look at the Sunderland game. I can pretty much guarantee we'll concede with him starting there and we need to try and keep a clean sheet as much as we need to score. Chambers can't be worse and he'll actually stay back to protect the defense.

Don't think it'll happen anyways. My main hope is for a Campbell, Giroud, Theo front line.

TriniGunner

I would play 3 at the back and 5 in midfield for this one. Olympiacos won't be too concerned about trying to score unless we score very early in the game. I'd play 3-5-2.

Gibbs - Campbell - Ox
Ramsey - Özil - Chambers
Monreal - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Bellerin

Goals: Campbell (36) Özil (62) Giroud (89)

Gegen Pressing

I would play 3 at the back and 5 in midfield for this one. Olympiacos won't be too concerned about trying to score unless we score very early in the game. I'd play 3-5-2.

go 352? but Wenger will not try anything fancy in a vital game ...so 442!

..joel........Theo...
..........oz.........
.aaron...flamini....bellerin
Nacho...kos...gabriel...chambers

I want to see Bellerin unshackled as a wingback ...aaron is a wingback sort of also ;-)

Last edited:

em9999

My rainbows
We will go 2-0 up with two goals from Özil they will desperately attack us to claw it back, we will break and Walcott will make it 3-0..

3-0 to arsenal

Marmaduke

Makes for an interesting match actually. I actually think Olympikos will play more aggressively than we expect. They are at home, feeling pretty good and an early goal for them would all but end our chances. They know Arsenal can pull 2 against them.

Diogenes

Don't know why but I have a feeling Joel Campbell will have an impact and we will go through.

Well, the immutable law of the ex-player guarantees he will score at some point. So really we are already 1 up going into this game.

And with Rambo commencing one of his patented scoring binges, that's 2 in the bag.

Throw in a goal at each end for Giroud, and a handy 3-1 victory awaits.

skip spence

My main hope is for a Campbell, Giroud, Theo front line.
I can dig that. I only worry that if Theo and Giroud start they both might play the full 90 minutes and that's a worry since it will be very important that the two of them are fit and fresh for the x-mas period. Don't know how Olympiacos is set-up and who is the best fit to play them, but if Theo can start and Olli come off the bench that'd be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom