• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL Quarter Final Draw: Arsenal v Bayern

screenshot-2024-03-15-100742-png.22477

1710370038936.png

Who do we want? I’m praying @Rex Stone boys Atleti preoccupy themselves with Man City. We don’t want any business with them but I’ll be honest XL Bully Mik vs XL Bully Diego would definitely be a tasty affair 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The only way I will accept going out to this Bayern (added to the cup defeat to Pool) is if we win the Prem by the end of the season.

Menard

Anyone who watched their game vs Dortmund yesterday should be licking their lips, off the ball they were absolutely shocking. Dortmund at times were tapping the ball around at walking pace around their 18 yard box and Bayern were just kind of walking around not even attempting a tackle. You can say that they should be up for it more against us since its the CL and their last chance for a trophy, but that was a feckin home game against Dortmund and last chance saloon for the title race. They look the exact opposite of us in terms of collective discipline and commitment.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Not worried about Bayern.

I'm worried about us. Something needs doing about the psychological issue we have with performing in Europe.

Thankfully, Bayern will play fairly open which plays to our strengths. It's the bus teams that confuse us.

Energoto

We have good chance here, but we should not underestimate the Bavarian farmers. They have very very good attacking players and can cause us a lot of problems. Hopefully we are mentally prepared
Even yesterday, as sh*t as they have been in the defence, they missed some glorious chances
Hopefully Musiala has one of those games where he is utterly selfish and lose possession more often than not

Thrice

They look really dysfunctional under Tuchel. Like a team that can't wait to see their manager gone.

There's always been something extremely unlikeable about Tuchel. His whole demeanor and the way he carries himself. But it always seemed that his players liked him. Not so much at Bayern apparently.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

The only way I will accept going out to this Bayern (added to the cup defeat to Pool) is if we win the Prem by the end of the season.

Kane in tow or not, taking yesterday's display into consideration, Tuchel's the one who should be having sleepless nights.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
They look really dysfunctional under Tuchel. Like a team that can't wait to see their manager gone.

There's always been something extremely unlikeable about Tuchel. His whole demeanor and the way he carries himself. But it always seemed that his players liked him. Not so much at Bayern apparently.
They may be saving themselves for the Champions League as their last realistic major trophy.

We cannot underestimate them due to their **** league form. With the players they have, they are still a dangerous side.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
They will be very difficult to deal with, that's for certain.

This is their last chance of a trophy, you better believe they will be fully prepared for us.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just got a ticket in the away block of the Emirates, should be amazing

Immer vorwärts FC Bayern,
Deutscher Meister, Münchens StolzIn
jedem Stadion wollen wir feiern,
wir die Fans vom FCBWie seit über 100 Jahren wird es bleiben bis zum Tod,unser Verein der FC Bayern in den Farben weiß und rot

Ole ole ole…. (And so on)
Will you be wearing lederhosen?

Tom Mix

I get the feeling the ground is being prepared for "Arteta luck" by calling Bayern useless, Bavarian farmers etc. So if we lose it's Arteta put and if we win it's dismissed as meaningless and only what is to be expected.

Fabrications. These "Bavarian farmers" were third favourites to win the CL at the beginning of the season and only began to lose some ground with the bookies in recent months. They last won the trophy as recently as four seasons back and they have, individually and collectively, far more experience in winning trophies and winning this trophy. Plus they play in an easier league than we do, harvest the best of German talent and are not afraid to brandish the cheque-book big tome when they have to. We're not playing Bournemouth or Brentford here. They have beaten us 5-1 in each of our last three meetings. They've never failed to knock us out in KO ties and outperformed us in the group stage in 2001, Wenger's halcyon days.

So whilst I am confident we can beat them let's not have any nonsense that beating Bayern is bread and butter for us, we've never done it. If we do it, this will represent significant progress, not to get to where we were - we were never there - but to where we want to and should be.

NO MORE LIES!!!

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Must feel like a 'been here before' moment for Harry Kane.
Scores a load of goals, team wins no Trophies. To rub salt into the wound about Harry's Tottenham psst, Bayern bring in Eric Dier.
If Bayern appointed Jose Mourinho, that might be the final straw.

Sad Walking Away GIF by DAZN

Bayern have a New Stadium Anthem. 'Glory, Glory, Bayern Munich', by Chas and Dave.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Dortmund at times were tapping the ball around at walking pace around their 18 yard box and Bayern were just kind of walking around not even attempting a tackle.
I think Ødegaard might have a great game against them, we just need our forwards to focus.

For the rest, I think Saliba and Gabriel can handle Kane easily, Rice is a direct counter to Musiala so don't think that guy will enjoy himself much.

I would say the only worry we have is that Jesus and Martinelli are out of form and Saka has been our worst player by a mile lately so we might struggle for goals. Maybe it wouldn't be the worst idea to play Trossard

Artemis

We absolutely have to beat them for a few reasons :

1) Bayern are terrible and have been beaten by every semi-decent side. They're wide open at the back - ask Xhaka or Sancho. Even Man Utd have put plenty of goals past them. They have Eric Dier in defence, do I need to say anything more?

2) If we don't beat them, I think a lot of fans are underestimating how much this will dent the squad's confidence going forward. The team needs to decisively shake off the feeling that they capitulate in the latter stages of the season.

Beating Bayern (even if we get knocked out in the Semi Final) would mark a new milestone and give the team much needed confidence for next season.

3) With Bayern, this is personal. They took advantage of a period when we were very weak in Europe. Now, they're the weak ones in Europe and we're on the ascendancy. But we need to prove that on the pitch. Otherwise it'll be same old same old.

HattoriHanzo

We absolutely have to beat them for a few reasons :

1) Bayern are terrible and have been beaten by every semi-decent side. They're wide open at the back - ask Xhaka or Sancho. Even Man Utd have put plenty of goals past them. They have Eric Dier in defence, do I need to say anything more?

2) If we don't beat them, I think a lot of fans are underestimating how much this will dent the squad's confidence going forward. The team needs to decisively shake off the feeling that they capitulate in the latter stages of the season.

Beating Bayern (even if we get knocked out in the Semi Final) would mark a new milestone and give the team much needed confidence for next season.

3) With Bayern, this is personal. They took advantage of a period when we were very weak in Europe. Now, they're the weak ones in Europe and we're on the ascendancy. But we need to prove that on the pitch. Otherwise it'll be same old same old.
1) They are not terrible. They are not strong like they were 3-4 years ago, but they are still strong.
It is not 100% sure that Dier will play against Arsenal.
3) When we weren't weak in Europe? 15-20 years ago?
How do you know that they are weak in Europe and we're stronger than them?
They had less problems with Lazio than Arsenal with Porto.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom