• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Thun vs Arsenal | 22/11/05

seb_afc

Established Member
with three points against wigan and us already being qualified for the champions league, do you think wenger will take this game seriously. i hope he does and i hope its not a waste of my time going because generally following arsenal away from home in recent years has been horrid. but this year things seem different so even if our side is not 100 per cent i still think we should win it and assure 1st place in the group. Ticket are still available for those who want to go, but as the swiss airports close at 10 or something, it makes it a 2 night trip. Having been in switzerland for the recent England - Argentina match the swiss police tend to be wankers towards the english fans so for those going expect to be locked in for a while after the game.

AFCG7

Established Member
I would play this team :

Almunia

Eboue Connolly Senderos Gilbert

Freddie Flamini Larrson Quincy

Bendtner Lupoli

seb_afc

Established Member
i would go for

Almunia

Eboue Senderos Gary Gilbert - good promising player (definatley not cygan)

Freddie flamini Larrson Reyes

Quincy Lupoli

it will be a great experience for the younger players to play in a champions league game.

gun4glory

AFCG7 said:
I would play this team :

Almunia

Bendtner Lupoli

Are you serious! That team will get beaten down, even if it is FC Thun...
Remember Thun almost drew us AT highbury and the beat ajax, they arent exactly push overs...

Anyway Wenger said he wont play a Carling Cup Sode, and that side is worst than a Carling Cup so dont expect a side that easy. Also, for honor's sake, we dont wanna lose this... we also get money for every win so why not win em all, and it cant do our confidence any harm...

I expect a semi-strength team (probably no henry, campbell, lehmenn... but we should see a handfull of first teamers)

Wenger always likes to win and tuesday should be no different

Viper

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
I would play this team :

Almunia

Bendtner Lupoli
Depends if all those players were registered, which is highly unlikely. We'll probably get beaten too!

The only youngsters that I know are registered are Lupoli, Quincy, Clichy, Eboue.

sabret00the

Established Member
Lehmann

Eboue Campbell Senderos Song

Freddie Flamini Gilberto Quincy

van Persie Reyes

it's a little more of a first team than AFC's but i think that's what we need. while it would be good to give kids run out's it's not practical. we can try and give Freddie and Campbell their match fitness/sharpness back, test Song at left back and try Quincy with the first team as well as hope for a goal from Reyes. if all else fails van Persie should be able to bag us a goal atleast.

Wenger14

Established Member
Lehman
Eboue Cygan Senderos Lauren
Freddie Flamini Song Quincy
Reyes RVP

Subs: Almunia, Toure, Muamba, Larsson, Gilberto, Lupoli,

I'm actually not too sure about the team, but I've gone for a mixture of what I hope and what I expect.

Expect Cygan in defence with Senderos, with song and flamini in midfield.

I'd like to see Quincy on the wings and it should happen really.

Lupoli IMO should be give a good run out towards the end of the second half, he shouldn't be rushed into the side.

On the other hand Wenger could and might opt for a more experienced side to secure first place, seeing it's an away game as well. In that case I'll go with Gilberto instead of Song.

Prediction: 1-1, experience to the youngsters and first place should be secured.

Original_AAA

Viper said:
AFCG7 said:
I would play this team :

Almunia

Bendtner Lupoli
Depends if all those players were registered, which is highly unlikely. We'll probably get beaten too!

The only youngsters that I know are registered are Lupoli, Quincy, Clichy, Eboue.

The players under 18 does not need to be registered if I remember correctly.

AFCG7

Established Member
You would be surprised how that kind of team performs.. nothing to lose really..no big pressure..we have already qualified.. the kids can go out there and show everyone what they've got.

If Wenger doe not give our kids a run out v FC Thun.. i cant see him doing it against Ajax.

adampembrey

I think this game like any other needs to be taken seriously. However I feel this is an opportuinity to rest a few key players. My team would be

Lehmann
Eboue (RB)
Senderos (CB)
Cygan (CB)
Garry (LB)
Ljungberg (RM)
Larsson
Flamini
Quincy (LM)
Bergkamp
Reyes

I would like to get a look at Garry as a left back in a match which won't put too much pressure on him or be too catastrophic if we lose.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Manuel

Eboue Senderos Cygan Murphy

Freddie Flamini Song Larsson

Reyes Quincy

Glad I decided against going to this one.

AFCG7

Established Member
Murphy is a Left Back ? How has he been performing.. ?

By the way..any news on RYan Garry? Is he fit?
WHat about Ryan Smith? HOw is he doing on loan?

RockyRocastle

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Murphy is a Left Back ? How has he been performing.. ?

By the way..any news on RYan Garry? Is he fit?
WHat about Ryan Smith? HOw is he doing on loan?

I dont think I have seen Murphy play. There was a piece on him in the programme for the Sunderland game - he is a converted attacker playing left back if memory serves. He is probably far from ready to being good enough to be any where near our team, but I refuse to believe anyone can be worse than Pascal.
He was pulled out of the last reserve game, so that must mean he has a chance of being envolved.

Ryan Garry is never going to make it, which is a shame. Just too injury prone.

Not heard much about Smith really, he was a star on his debut but havent heard much since.

IBL

Established Member
Would be nice to see Lupoli and Quincy get a start. An appearance by Song and Larrson would be nice as well. Bendtner should also be in the reckoning. I expect Reyes to play seeing as he was being rested today.

I hope these guys, if they play, can pick up some valuable experience on the European stage. Thun should provide good opposition, we've seen that they're no pushovers.

mood

I feel all the players not involved in the international games (Bergkamp,Pires,Lauren,Cygan :(,Ljungberg) will play.. and maybe Henry resting with Reyes (rested at Wigan) replacing him.

KingReyes

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Manuel

Eboue Senderos Cygan Murphy

Freddie Flamini Song Larsson

Reyes Quincy

Glad I decided against going to this one.

And with that lineup you picked out I can see why.

Chicago

Seeing as how Reyes didn't feature at all, I reckon he'll play against Thun, Van Persie was taken off even though he was playign fine, probably so he can play v Thun. Eboue and Senderos in defense along with Toure(honestly we have no decent back-up for an athletic, fast central defender). I'd hope for Fabregas and Flamini in the middle, Gilberto looks like he could use the rest(of course Cesc playing 2 games in 4 days isnt' great either).

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Song and eboue will be the only ones included into the squad to face thun.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom