• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Confident or No? Well??

How confident are you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He had some decent qualities but let's face it, if he was top class then we wouldn't be desperately hoping for signings at this moment because he would've recruited better in the last two summer windows. 2019 was quite good but that Lichsteiner/Sokratis/Torreira window was abysmal. Leno the only saving grace.

Was Mislintst not in charge of that window?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Business does ramp up massively in the final weeks everywhere.

Agents always say that every year no matter what, activity doesn’t get going until right at the end.
yes that my remaining hope we saw alot of interest on our players but nothing serious hopefully something will happen.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yes that my remaining hope we saw alot of interest on our players but nothing serious hopefully something will happen.

I just can't see the why other clubs would in for most the players we want to get rid of.

Sokraris/Mustafi/Kolasinac will only appeal to European clubs, the vast majority of which cant afford their wages.

Guendouzi has been painted as a rotten apple, so naturally clubs will steer clear.

It wouldn't make sense in a normal window, let alone with COVID.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Business does ramp up massively in the final weeks everywhere.

Agents always say that every year no matter what, activity doesn’t get going until right at the end.
Still, hoping that we get guarantees of four guys leaving will be tricky. Doing that while simultaneously getting A&P done to the point where we can greenlight it as soon as our departures are sorted will be extremely difficult.

The lawyers at Slaughter & May are going to hate us more than they already do.:lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
7f49e2acb05a4beab23e908069e2ca22.jpeg

Current mood.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Still, hoping that we get guarantees of four guys leaving will be tricky. Doing that while simultaneously getting A&P done to the point where we can greenlight it as soon as our departures are sorted will be extremely difficult.

The lawyers at Slaughter & May are going to hate us more than they already do.:lol:

I mean look how quickly things moved last year.

In just the last 24 hours we got Tierney, Luiz in and moved out Iwobi and a couple others iirc.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Think this a window you have to give the club a pass, given the financial issues most clubs seem to be going through and their reluctance to spend.

I do think it's fair to question the signings of Mari and Cedric last window though, they've helped to bloat our squad up while offering nothing so far. Neither of them are ever likely to be regular starters for us. Incomings would be much easier if those two squad places weren't already filled.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I mean look how quickly things moved last year.

In just the last 24 hours we got Tierney, Luiz in and moved out Iwobi and a couple others iirc.
That was in 24 hours?!

I'll remain quietly optimistic then. Would be weird to make this many changes to our transfer team + give Arteta an increased say only to end up signing nobody in our biggest problem area.

GunnerShy

Everyday that goes by with little or no movement on any front leaves me more and more frustrated.

And yet, with that said, I don't expect to sign anybody else until the last day or two of the window. So it's a bit strange to get frustrated as things are going how I expect.

We will sign a midfielder. It was/is our biggest need. I don't believe we'd have signed Gabriel if it meant not addressing the midfield.

I hope we get both our preferred targets but I expect we'd probably need to shift another £50m+ in players.

And whilst that is possible, there's a lot of business to happen between now and close to get there.

So everything is still to play for, wouldn't be surprised if it's one target + one alternative by window shut. But nothing would surprise me, Arsenal are very secretive about their business unlike clubs like Chelsea so it is very difficult to predict.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That was in 24 hours?!

I'll remain quietly optimistic then. Would be weird to make this many changes to our transfer team + give Arteta an increased say only to end up signing nobody in our biggest problem area.

Yeah final day.

Sp*rs managed to sign Lo Celso and get a swap deal for Sessegnon done on the final day last year as well as almost getting Dybala.

HomeSteak

Established Member
I think we will get a CM, but not someone we have been linked with. And also, I think we will have a go for Jorginho...hope we don't pull it off.

Goonger

We'll lose against Liverpool Monday, some realism will set in as to how far away we are, we'll double down our efforts and sell Chambers, Kola, Sokratis, Balogun. Torreira & Guendouzi will leave on loan & we'll sign Aouar.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We'll lose against Liverpool Monday, some realism will set in as to how far away we are, we'll double down our efforts and sell Chambers, Kola, Sokratis, Balogun. Torreira & Guendouzi will leave on loan & we'll sign Aouar.

Doesn't take a genius or one transfer window to realise how far away we are from a team that's been built of 3/4 years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Cedric and Mari are only here because it’s a favour for Kia. Look at the squad, full of trash, issue with NHG players etc.

True to be fair same as Willian who wasn't wanted by the manager, and I forgot when Arteta said that Cedric was the best full back in the club technically. Can't be wanted at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom