• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Could Arsenal get 100 points!!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We’re on 50 points at the half way stage, it’s not inconceivable that we could get 100 points. Arteta and the club have excelled themselves this year. City have already got 100 points in 2018, Liverpool got 99 points in 2020. Over 90 points is quite frequent now in the Champions League places. City are on 45 points at the half way stage and will likely get over 90 again.

Watching Arsenal back in the day under Wenger I don’t recall these figures. I took the last 10 years and averaged the points for the 4 teams in Champions League places and took the 10 years after Wenger arrived and did the same to compare. The difference is quite stark. Further evidence of the gap in revenues opening up between the teams at the top and the teams at the bottom of the prem.

I saw someone posted a comparison of Arteta’s v Wenger’s invincibles year, half way stats yesterday showing Arteta’s was better. The landscape was very different in those days and the financial gap much smaller between the top and the bottom. Time to celebrate both managers. Invincibles year and a possible 100 points next year are two incredible milestones to celebrate, not compare.

0826-E528-53-BC-4-B10-A19-F-7949-A75064-BB.jpg

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I don't think so no. To get a 100 points we'd have to almost be perfect again. Meanwhile, we still have to go to Liverpool, Newcastle and Man City and also keep winning the rest.

Beat City at home and we don't need to get to 100 imo.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't think so no. To get a 100 points we'd have to almost be perfect again. Meanwhile, we still have to go to Liverpool, Newcastle and Man City and also keep winning the rest.

Beat City at home and we don't need to get to 100 imo.
Think the way we played yesterday shows it’s definitely possible. City must be worried. We outplayed them in the first half at the Emirates last year and we’ve vastly improved since then.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Probably not because if we go deep in the EL then those games at Anfield and St James will be really tough.

We’re going to slow down later in the season but if we can go on a good run against the “weaker” teams in late February and March that could make it really tough on City.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Currently we have a 7 point buffer if I'm not wrong.

Though to say, if we somehow manage 2 wins against City I'd consider it a decent possibility. If we get one it's still possible, but will be hard.

If we only take 1 or 2 points from them I don't think its gonna happen. So, yeah. Talk to me after City.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Champions League qualification is already in the bag, but I doubt Arteta will want to ignore the chance of a trophy in the Europa League knockout rounds despite some tough competitors remaining. If so, then that could stretch our resources and it is difficult to expect such a perfect half-season on the 2nd part as well.

As other have mentioned we also have some tough matches on the plate: both 6pointers v. City, Liverpool and Newcastle away, Chelsea at home, and a lot of matches where we could slip: Fulham, West Ham, Leicester or Villa away.

Also a small correction, City are on 45 points but they are beyond the half season having already played 20 matches. Theoretically they could get a maximum of 99 points.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Champions League qualification is already in the bag, but I doubt Arteta will want to ignore the chance of a trophy in the Europa League knockout rounds despite some tough competitors remaining. If so, then that could stretch our resources and it is difficult to expect such a perfect half-season on the 2nd part as well.

As other have mentioned we also have some tough matches on the plate: both 6pointers v. City, Liverpool and Newcastle away, Chelsea at home, and a lot of matches where we could slip: Fulham, West Ham, Leicester or Villa away.

Also a small correction, City are on 45 points but they are beyond the half season having already played 20 matches. Theoretically they could get a maximum of 99 points.
Think City will end up with 95+, Haaland is just too good.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think City will end up with 95+, Harland is just too good.

I’m more sceptical because the rest of the team isn’t.

A back line starting Rico Lewis and Akanji is such a fall off from previous years.

Grealish a big step down from Sterling, Phillips a non factor but also Mahrez and KDB seeming older.

Yeosol

They had 42 points after 19 games, so 95 would mean 53 points in the second half of the season. That's a tall order even for the best City sides, which I don't think this is. If they manage 95 they probably win it, I don't see us reaching quite that high with Europa League games in midweek to stretch our squad.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Technically yes, but it's unlikely.

I've gone thru the fixtures & reckon we'll get between 90 & 93.

I think the reality is we look very consistent & City will probably be as consistent, so it might just come down to who takes most points in the 2 fixtures against each other. I predicted home wins for each side.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
As they're in 45 now with 20 games played, the max they can get is 99.

So, your prediction of 95+ means that City would have to lose a single game or draw 1-2 more. Not completely impossible given their depth.

I think 92-95 will be enough for becoming a champion. Whether that's us or City remains to be seen.

On original question, it would be a historic achievement to win the league on 100(+) points, but it's still to early for that.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

That would mean them only dropping 4 points from their remaining 18. At the moment they're at 85 point pace. They're also got:

Arsenal H&A
Sp**s A
Newcastle H
Chelsea H
Liverpool H

Where as we have

City H&A
Liverpool A
Newcastle A
Chelsea H

So they have more big teams but we have 1 more away game against the big 7

Makavelii

I hope so but I don't think we will.

I don't think we've been lucky with our current results... but I think we've had a half year run without much BAD luck (apart from the United away game).

Our luck is gonna catch up to us at some stage. There will be more games like that United game where we deserve the win but don't get the 3 points.

Would love to be proven wrong.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I hope so but I don't think we will.

I don't think we've been lucky with our current results... but I think we've had a half year run without much BAD luck (apart from the United away game).

Our luck is gonna catch up to us at some stage. There will be more games like that United game where we deserve the win but don't get the 3 points.

Would love to be proven wrong.
The only game we lost, we were very unlucky. Ødegaard and Saka are currently the best two players in the league imho. It’s hard to imagine us losing the amount of chances we create. And at a glance Trossard looks like he’ll only improve things.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I’m more sceptical because the rest of the team isn’t.

A back line starting Rico Lewis and Akanji is such a fall off from previous years.

Grealish a big step down from Sterling, Phillips a non factor but also Mahrez and KDB seeming older.
Can’t agree with that. Grealish’s expected assists last season were better than anyone else in the league, even Mo Salah. Expected assists are where you put the ball on a plate for someone to score, but they don’t always score of course, so you don’t record an assist. But that’s what he’s there for.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i'd love it and i think i deserve it.

it's possible but there no way we going to Newcastle Man city and Liverpool away and take 9 points.

if we have good away 2nd half of season 90 points easily achievable. 11 home games 9 away games left for us.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The only game we lost, we were very unlucky. Ødegaard and Saka are currently the best two players in the league imho. It’s hard to imagine us losing the amount of chances we create. And at a glance Trossard looks like he’ll only improve things.
I agree with the bolded here, however you could say we were quite fortunate at Leeds. We were very poor in that second half.

What worries me the most is injuries to key players. We're in the ditch if Partey gets a long term injury, something that is not unlikely considering his record.

Haaland's injury record is also somewhat patchy. He's a big lad and he requires careful game management, something City probably know by now. It is not guaranteed he'd be available all season, and even if he is, they'll have to manage him carefully.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom