• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Crazy Dog Toure

Soler

Established Member
"Toure, passes back to Toure ... now Toure with a long pass to find an unmarked ... TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUREEEEE!!!"

:p :lol:

Ridge

as he said 'It was a bit disappointing,' Touré reflects. 'I was playing with Sol and it was great. When Lauren was injured, I tried to play for the team and everything went well, but now Lauren is back and Pascal Cygan is playing well [alongside Campbell], so that puts me in a bad position. But I have to work hard to get my place back.'

so which back-four should start for us now?

arsena1

I'm not surprised that the article quotes wenger's temptation to use kolo as a centre forward.

kolo's unbridled enthusiasm, power and driving runs does seem quite suited to the role of a centre forward.

against aston villa, I certainly liked what I saw.
it's very tempting.

so tempting that I can envision 3 toures playing centre back, right back and centre forward.

if only we have a cloning machine.

but it is important to note that sometimes, a player underperforms if he is being played at a position he does not feel that he is suited for.

Andrew

We need Kolo in defence, Yaya in midfield and Ibrahim (is it?) up front. That would be perfect. 8)

johe

Well, I feel he should play at the position he prefers himself, because he's good enough to play anywhere on the pitch.

I believe he will be one of the worlds top players when he reaches his peak, because he works so hard to improve all the time.

Adam

Established Member
It's interesting that he rates the players he partnered in the Asec team more than himself - typical Kolo humility. There are some good ones though.

Yaya and Ibrahim to get a shot at Arsenal?

I wouldn't bet against it.

Jinn

Established Member
Ridge said:
as he said 'It was a bit disappointing,' Touré reflects. 'I was playing with Sol and it was great. When Lauren was injured, I tried to play for the team and everything went well, but now Lauren is back and Pascal Cygan is playing well [alongside Campbell], so that puts me in a bad position. But I have to work hard to get my place back.'

Talk about humility! As if he needs to get his place back - it's more a case of choosing who to make way for him!

JazzG

Established Member
I agree. Some gooner I was chatting who has been a fan for a long time (he has beeen going to the matches for 19 years) thinks he is a better CB and won't agree with me :?

Adam

Established Member
The argument is his RB offensive qualities he brings to the team vs his pace and strength needed in the centre.

His distribution from the centre is excellent too, and comparable with Cygan's.

While he could be one of the best CB's - he could be the best RB.

reggiepaul

SydneyGunnerFan said:
very good article that was and i hear that wegner wants all three toures could u imagine that

Toure, to Toure, to Toure, to Henry, to Toure, to Aliadiere, Toure, Toure, Toure, Toure, LEHMANN, Toure! GOAL!!

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Jinn said:
Ridge said:

Talk about humility! As if he needs to get his place back - it's more a case of choosing who to make way for him!

So true. Kolo is a true hero.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I never make a manager, :wink: but for what it is worth I think he is so talented he can play any position on the field

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom