• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Arsenal | Friday 5th August 2022 | KO: 20:00 BST | SKY SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Premier League is backkkkkk 🔥

61e97b91721b490498cd72a339fd511f

We get the ball rolling under the lights with the world to see but I see us going here and getting the result if I’m being honest.

Pre Season Form:

0AA67FE2-4253-4580-873A-586C9DA1FF32.jpeg

72C5E358-C4EA-4A68-97DD-CEA0B03190F5.jpeg

Stick to the same as lineup as above with Fabio Vieira hopefully getting some minutes and Tomiyasu on the bench.

Going for Palace 1-3 Arsenal

🔴⚪

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Booing Partey was pretty dodgy to me plus the constant baying every time the ball gets near one of our players in the area or Zaha takes a dive. Proper fans? More like proper piss merchants.
100% **** grounds, **** club, **** fans. Good coach and solid players though...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Does anyone get Liverpool 13/14 vibes from this current Arsenal team? That’s the year they had Sterling/Suarez/Sturridge/Coutinho and were blowing teams away in the first 30-45 mins with their high energy - it’s something we’ve been doing since the backend of last season just look at the Utd and even Sp**s game when we played well before Holding got a red.

13/14 was the year Liverpool beat us 5-1 at Anfield and were close to winning the title which nobody expected them to do at the start of the season.

IMO Arteta should just go for the kill in 30 mins but the team need to learn how to be comfortable when winning by just passing it around and not having to commit, the likes of City and Liverpool do this superbly to frustrate these smaller teams since they can’t get the ball off them.

remains

Does anyone get Liverpool 13/14 vibes from this current Arsenal team? That’s the year they had Sterling/Suarez/Sturridge/Coutinho and were blowing teams away in the first 30-45 mins with their high energy - it’s something we’ve been doing since the backend of last season just look at the Utd and even Sp**s game when we played well before Holding got a red.

13/14 was the year Liverpool beat us 5-1 at Anfield and were close to winning the title which nobody expected them to do at the start of the season.

IMO Arteta should just go for the kill in 30 mins but the team need to learn how to be comfortable when winning by just passing it around and not having to commit, the likes of City and Liverpool do this superbly to frustrate these smaller teams since they can’t get the ball off them.
Think we have a better defence than that Liverpool team.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Think we have a better defence than that Liverpool team.

I wasn’t looking at the defence, I was mentioning the attacks are quite similar in how we’re electric in the first 20-30 mins of games but then fizzle out.

It’s something I’ve been noticing since the end of last season and seems to have carried on to preseason/this first game.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Also felt the referee had a lot to do with Palace getting into the game. He allowed them so much grabbing and shirt pulling when we had the ball it broke up all fluidity. At the same time he called the softest fouls on us, not giving us any chance to counter with the same physicality.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Crystal Palace is always a hard game away so winning the first game of the season there is a great result regardless. I feel like they kind of threw it away more than we beat them but it was still a decent performance.

The amount we lose the ball is worrying though, Ben White at RB was a bit sloppy and Ødegaard was losing it too.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

CP players were too physical and I felt a bit dirty in the way they played. First half was a real fight for every ball from the both teams and I felt like Arsenal players lost their stamina a bit in the second half because they did not step back. Overall, it was a great game against a team who tried to dominate also physically, three points, an away win, for me the job is done.

Solid win last night. A lot of positives against a tough opponent. But I have ask is anyone concerned about our lack of central midfield options?. I felt at times Xhaka & Partey were over ran far to often for my liking. I think we need a quality addition in there. Partey just didn’t seem to show for the ball a lot last night.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Bit of awful post this with nothing but personal opinion and speculation.

He got 11 goals and 7 assists last season was a standout out player for his national side the summer before and is pretty much on every teams radar around the world.

He’ll already cost more now then Frank Ribery would of in any point of his career and to say you feel his development has stopped at the age of 20 is complete madness.

He can play attacking LW, RW & defensive RM the kids versatility is unbelievable.
Some people on here have some absolutely horrendous takes on Saka when they disrespect him, while reeling some other good player as an example of better technique or whatever... When that player was doing absolutely zilch at Saka's age.

Good recent (extreme) example is Raphinha, who didn't even play in a pro league until he was 23... But yeah, there's no chance that Saka improves his shooting or goal contribution.

What he's doing at 20/21 is rare, not common. No guarantees he gets better from here but even if he doesn't he's one of the top wingers in the world based on output. Chances are he does improve though.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I wasn’t looking at the defence, I was mentioning the attacks are quite similar in how we’re electric in the first 20-30 mins of games but then fizzle out.

It’s something I’ve been noticing since the end of last season and seems to have carried on to preseason/this first game.

I think Liverpool maintained the pressure for most of their games. So maybe we only have the stamina to press for more 30 minutes or so. Or maybe our tactic is to park the bus once we go ahead.

I thought we pressed much more intensely and for longer against Chelsea in pre-season though.

I will also note, it's hard pressing and controlling games away from home. It's also probably harder to recover defensive position when you have pace merchants like Palace have

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I think its impossible to play at such a high intensity like we did for 30 minutes, we just need to kill teams off more earlier in those fases in the game. But i really like what we are doing.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
They don’t have their best midfielder on the night in Conor Gallagher. His press nullified Thomas Partey which impacted our whole attack as the ball was hardly being played to Saka, ESR and even Ødegaard between the lines.

Also, Lacazette posed no threat to one of the worst defenders in the PL in Andersen. Even dead ballers like Clyne rolled back the years like it was 2015. I think Jesus, Martinelli and Saka will cause them a lot more problems this time around.
Great shout:lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Great shout:lol:

I know you’re defending your compatriot? but he still is, one game isn’t really going to change my opinion of him tbf.

Over the course of a season, the lad looked awful at Fulham.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Palace beat City 0-2 away last season. City's squad is worth five or six times that of Palace's.
Not to mention the only big 6 club to win convincingly at Palace last season was Liverpool.

Nobody else did. Only Chelsea managed a win too and that was last minute, far from convincing.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Nope. Luis Suarez was the best striker the PL has since Henry, we’ll never see Jesus like that. We also don’t have Stevie G picking out runners which is what Chaka kept missing yesterday.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
I know you’re defending your compatriot? but he still is, one game isn’t really going to change my opinion of him tbf.

Over the course of a season, the lad looked awful at Fulham.
Why judge him on his performances for Fulham two years ago, when he had a great season last year with Palace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom