• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cygans Improvment

Status
Not open for further replies.

blimpar

Sorry I'm new. I don't have more posts.

I was just using you as an example. Nothing personal. I just hold the opinion that had we had a better centre half than Cygan last season, we'd have won the league. Having seen him this season he's a much improved player. I'll admit that.

I just find your outright refusal to admit Cygan had problems with his game last season a bit much.

Anyway, I'll say no more. I found most of your post quite difficult to understand. Maybe I just need to get used to your style.

reggiepaul

Try and understand. You'll find I explain it in complete detail how Cygan didn't have problems last season. If you can't understand then I understand the whole Cygan situation you have very well.

All players make mistakes - blame our "legendary" back four for theirs as well do you? Or Sol? Seaman?

We can't have our cake and eat it. If you want to blame one person for one mistake you can't deny blaming other people in the same predicament as well.

A

Anonymous

If every goal is accountable to a defensive error would you please now begin to scapegoat the likes of Bould, Winterburn, Adams and Dixon when they were at Arsenal?

Now Reggie tell me your not for one second suggesting that we should compare prehaps the greastest defensive unit in living memory,a defence that was practicly impregnible,a defence,where individually mistakes were as rare as lets say, you agreeing with me,a defence that made the 1-0 to Arsenal famous the world over.

You say we should now look to scapegoat the mistakes of Dixon,winterburn,Adams and Bould if we dare scapegoat Cygan.
Reggie dont you think the fact your bringing legends in to this argument is a sign of desperation.
If you were only defending him out of loyalty because he's an Arsenal player then fine,but your defending him as if he is the finished article,and has made no costly errors or for that matter done anything to warrent criticisim,like you said you defended him last year,that says everything about your impartialality.

I am supporting a player that most feel - started great - went bad (DURING TWO GAMES OR SO) then was great again and is getting better.

Went bad during two games or so,so lets summise that you genuinely believe he started great went bad for two games and went great again,and is now getting better and better.
Thats great,bad for two,and great then greater and greater,hahahaha you have completely lost the plot,do you mean to say Cygan has caused this much debate for being great in the beginning great again and getting greater all the time only for a spell of two bad games in between.
Tell me whats he great at,is it his pace,his positional play or maybe his heading ability,ok he has got pretty decent distribution,but is that waht makes him so great in your eyes,i almost feel you would rate Cygan higher then you would Tony Adams in his prime or for that matter any time.Quite appaling.

Blimpar 3 posts. I have presented a record on every game Cygan has played and highlighted EXACTLY what occurred during those games meaning he didn't (as you stated) cost us points. You can see that I believe this not on the basis of nonsense and ridicule but on a game by game "fair" examination of Cygans progress. Personally I don't think he was at fault.
Your actually saying he didnt cost us any points whether this season or lasts,thats laughable,you bring me one other person who would agree that Cygan didnt cost us any points since he arrived,and i'll throw a party to cheer me up cause the world must being going mad.

Let me say this though, when you do put him in for accusation - accuse our past defence as well please. That would be the most logical reasoning upon your view of football. If you blame one defender you have to blame others - if they are not blame worthy then why is Cygan so? Are they allowed to make mistakes? The last time I checked we have the great defensive records recently. That doesn't make sense to me.
I will refer you to the first sentance you wrote with been through that,and i have seen plenty criticism for the way lauren has played this season.
[b]Then you come up with some illogical ideal that because I support a player you can pigeon hole me with those who scapegoat players mr 3 posts! All of which are a reply to me - hmm... [/b]
your support is blinded by pure stubborness and a refusal to recognize Cygan in being at fault for anything.
[b]Oh for god's sake you say "he cost us points" like it's written as a divine right. Of course he didn't lose Arsenal points. In those games where we lost we had hit the keeper and we're hanging around the box so much you'd have thought the game was being held in the goalkeepers area! Now this is something that fans forget. The attacking factors of those games and let me remind you - I was there! [/b]
I'll absolutly agree with you there,we did defend to deeply and that only put too much pressure on our defence which you just knew would eventually crack with Cygan in it.

If you knew me last season, you would know, I supported Cygan from beginning to end and thought he was examined and presented harshly by the fans.

your right and there all wrong.
Hell, I watched all the games he played in an arsenal shirt so I aint saying it all on second hand opinion but direct and subjective observation.
So are those who say he was crap.

Even people were saying Pires was **** early season and now what? Cygan is great and so is Pires?

Not me Pires is on a par with the best we got,and again your comparing one of the best players in the world with Cygan,Pires might have being playing ****(which personally i dont think he was)
but he's still on a par with anyone you care to mention,in no way can you say the same of Cygan(well maybe you can)

Now this is what doesn't make any sense to me.
me neither mate.

It's football - 11 players and you look at Cygan while you don't say anything against other players who were also playing in games where we lost.
Because basicly he was to blame more frequently then anybody else,and i did criticize the standerd of Laurens play,as well at times gilberto's play las season.

blimpar

Are you always this patronising?

We're discussing Cygan. I didn't say anything about other people being blameless, did I?

jc8gooner

There is something called form. Cygan's form was good at the start fo last season, then it deteriorated after that. This season his form has been excellent and he is showing people that he is not the player we thoiught he was.

reggiepaul

Surprise, surprise I could answer the whole of this post pretty easily cyganaagh.

You call them subjectively as the greatest defence ever. Whatever. Goals went past them as well "as a defence" and goals went past Cygan when he was defending.

Simple as, simple as it is. I am not going to apply to any status to anyone but if you're going ot pigeon hole one player you may as well pigeon hole them all.

Remember - this is the same Arsenal defender you are talking about. Your player.

As for the rest of what you stat, more cygan blaming. You're well over the top here with the blame. Where as I take every single game individually - you don't.

reggiepaul

blimpar said:
Are you always this patronising?

We're discussing Cygan. I didn't say anything about other people being blameless, did I?

How is that patronising? Is it as patronising as lets say - just throwing around statements or as obsessive as just replying to one person on a message board?

jc8gooner

Obsessive? Yes.

Obsessive would be someone who writes out enormously long, yet utterly incomprehensible posts just to convince people that Cygan is god's gift to defending. You wanna know why only a few reply to you in this thread? Only a few can be bothered to consider your viewpoint.

reggiepaul

jc8gooner said:
Obsessive? Yes.

Obsessive would be someone who writes out enormously long, yet utterly incomprehensible posts just to convince people that Cygan is god's gift to defending. You wanna know why only a few reply to you in this thread? Only a few can be bothered to consider your viewpoint.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that is obsessive!!! You're now checking how many people reply to me as well.

I find I get lots of replies. Dunno what your benchmark is but I've never ever considered whether I should get a reply or not as significant or not. It may be to you but then you may just be of that type who needs one.

blimpar

reggiepaul said:
How is that patronising? Is it as patronising as lets say - just throwing around statements or as obsessive as just replying to one person on a message board?

The 'try and understand' comment was extremely patronising. Is this the way everybody talks to each other around here?

reggiepaul

blimpar said:
reggiepaul said:

The 'try and understand' comment was extremely patronising. Is this the way everybody talks to each other around here?

Nope. Only well people don't openly make the effort to do something and would just come out with acid tongues instead.

Your choice - insult and indirectly fire abuse or don't bother...

...or reply to one person.

reggiepaul

Personally I don't think this is about me but really more about people hating a player so much that when someone thinks against them its too much to take.

reggiepaul

:lol: :lol:

...oh so you admit it's about hating a player so much right?

Well I would think it would be about me because most people are ONLY replying to me and people popping up ONLY to reply to me.

When I think about it, I realise it's more about fans not being fans but finding it difficult that someone would challenge their strongly held insubstantial views. To the point they can't be open minded enough to look at things differently.

blimpar

I never said I hated Cygan either.

Anyway, good luck to you.

I just happened to use you as an example of my viewpoint.

A

Anonymous

Reggie Paul,grow up your annoyng ppl,i rebuffed every point you made and you still got the nerve to wind ppl up like the good ppl who take the time to reply to you,

reggiepaul

cyganaghhhh said:
Reggie Paul,grow up your annoyng ppl,i rebuffed every point you made and you still got the nerve to wind ppl up like the good ppl who take the time to reply to you,

I'm not winding anyone up at all. You're joking if you're totally onesided and can't see the insults that come my way.

Basically, just replying to the insults that come my way.

As for rebuffing every point, you've barely touched the surface.

I responded to you - so respond back without any character assassination, if you can't.

Your view on Cygan is quite crazy actually.

Fair enough I believe he was not altogether that bad but you blatantly believe he is and always will be bad and will cost the team. You have to outline exactly where you are wrong and how blatantly you address this player insubstantially.

What I find funny most is when a whole bunch of my stalkers (who aren't exactly difficult to find) pop up online at the same time and reply and post at the same time.

Coincidence? Nope.

Life? No they don't have one.

Come on - I know I am so great that you have to obsessively stalk me. :D :D

This has become dull - can't be bothered with it. Better discussion elsewhere.

Argue amongst yourselves. If that's the life you like. Horrid as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom