• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Good performance but he does seem like a flat track bully no?

He seems to only perform at home games, and doesn't do it in the tough ones.

So far his stand out performances are Burnley (h), Norwich (h), West Ham (h) and Newcastle (h).

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Something about him makes me feel like if he could get consistency he will take it to the next level and become a great player.
I think that too. He can do things other players just can’t it’s just the consistency.

I don’t think we’re in a financial position to find out though but I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear of him doing quite well in the future. A cheeky second year on loan would be nice.

Manberg

Predator
If Ceballos is keen on staying here I’d support signing him up. In which case hopefully Madrid could do us a solid favour and cheapen the deal in exchange for positive relations.
He’s 23. Will likely improve loads in the future.

BobP

Memri Fan
Depending on ins and outs in the midfield area, I'd like to see us keep him around on loan next season.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He had a good first half performance. What happened in the second half when we lost all control? You know when we got control back? When Willock came on.

pikey2000

Not seen enough over the course of the season to warrant chucking upwards of £20mil on him, take a loan for another season but signing on a permanent not for me.

We don't really have the budget or time to wait on a signing to develop, we have enough development players in the squad as it is.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He had a good first half performance. What happened in the second half when we lost all control? You know when we got control back? When Willock came on.
that's why you have a squad
different players for different situations.

all the noises about Ceballos are encouraging. From the winter break right through his work ethic to get into the team, his performances during that time also.

I still remember getting excited about him coming in. He was a star for Spain in the under 21s I watched the game against Poland were he was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

When he is good he is very good. I'd sign him up. 23 years old with the best years still to come. getting settled into a new country into a broken team under Emery would not have been easy. Keep him if we can.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Very good yestrday, showed some sublime technique and passing, as well as grit. Best player on the pitch after Auba.

If reports about Zidane being a fan of Guendouzi are true, we can do business on that front. Straight swap and a couple of mils to Real and we're getting a baller.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Ceballos shouldn't be prioritized as a midfield signing, but he's a palatable backup plan. The talent is there and when he's on he's a difference maker, it's not easy to tell how much he's affected by playing in a dysfunctional team. His dribbling and close control have Arsenal written all over it. I'm impressed by his willingness to work defensively as well. Only thing I'm not sold on his is his vision as a playmaker, ability to play an incisive pass.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is the issue with a one year loan signing. In terms of performances I don’t think his been any worse than Pepe.

Yet because one is here long term we’ll consider it a decent adaption period.

Hopefully we can secure another loan, we’d all be on board we that surely? Although I know Betis have shown interest so might be difficult.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Good performance but he does seem like a flat track bully no?

He seems to only perform at home games, and doesn't do it in the tough ones.

So far his stand out performances are Burnley (h), Norwich (h), West Ham (h) and Newcastle (h).
I feel the same. Fantastic performance yesterday. But all of his good performances have come against some of the worst teams at home. The rest of our fixtures will give a better idea about him.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No matter how good he looked today, him and Xhaka is still the slowest midfield duo in the PL

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
that's why you have a squad
different players for different situations.

all the noises about Ceballos are encouraging. From the winter break right through his work ethic to get into the team, his performances during that time also.

I still remember getting excited about him coming in. He was a star for Spain in the under 21s I watched the game against Poland were he was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

When he is good he is very good. I'd sign him up. 23 years old with the best years still to come. getting settled into a new country into a broken team under Emery would not have been easy. Keep him if we can.

What he did in an under 21 tournament in one of the strongest teams vs Poland is irrelevant.

He is weak in the air, weak on the ball, weak in the tackle, slow all over the pitch. He dwells on the ball and isn't progressive enough. He will never be good enough. Everything that he did yesterday is basic ffs. We have been stuck with sideways passes with zero skill since we had Cazorla that whenever someone comes on and plays a bread and butter pass inside a fullback who has terrible positioning it appears like he has split the defence open with incredible vision. It is so basic. We just have players who don't do it. For his ludicrous fee we could find a much better player. Someone who can actually run ffs.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
What he did in an under 21 tournament in one of the strongest teams vs Poland is irrelevant.

He is weak in the air, weak on the ball, weak in the tackle, slow all over the pitch. He dwells on the ball and isn't progressive enough. He will never be good enough. Everything that he did yesterday is basic ffs. We have been stuck with sideways passes with zero skill since we had Cazorla that whenever someone comes on and plays a bread and butter pass inside a fullback who has terrible positioning it appears like he has split the defence open with incredible vision. It is so basic. We just have players who don't do it. For his ludicrous fee we could find a much better player. Someone who can actually run ffs.

Come on now, it was a superb performance. If AMN did that you'd be the first to go crazy.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Come on now, it was a superb performance. If AMN did that you'd be the first to go crazy.

It was a good performance. Not superb. It doesn't matter what AMN does. He wont get the props he deserves. This is the same Ceballos that is running through quick sand vs anyone. He could have done nothing vs Norwich and we still would have won. He has played well for 1 and a half games since he has been here, even though has been given so many minutes.

He is another goldilocks player. A player then when we look in complete control, everything looks sunny. He isn't s player who will wrestle control from the opposition. He is a player who will be outrun and outfought when it really counts.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
It was a good performance. Not superb. It doesn't matter what AMN does. He wont get the props he deserves. This is the same Ceballos that is running through quick sand vs anyone. He could have done nothing vs Norwich and we still would have won. He has played well for 1 and a half games since he has been here, even though has been given so many minutes.

He is another goldilocks player. A player then when we look in complete control, everything looks sunny. He isn't s player who will wrestle control from the opposition. He is a player who will be outrun and outfought when it really counts.

I probably agree with most of that, but it's easy to say that he only plays well when the sun is shining, especially when those days rarely come around for us anymore. He was part of the most good things we did in the first half yesterday, and for that he deserves credit. Yeah, he's looked crap in especially away games, but how many away games has he experienced in this league anyway? Very few I think. Not to mention we've been notoriously crap in those for years.

He hasn't shown enough to warrant a signing, but there is deffo a "What about when he settles?" question to consider because he can be extremely good when he's at his best.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Amazing how quickly this place can turn for and against a player :lol:

He is a good player, and would be very good coming in to an Arsenal team that could hide his weaknesses and highlight his strengths, but I don't think that's us right now.

If Xhaka is to be a starter next season, we need a mobile midfielder next too him...Dani would be a good squad player, but I think he would cost too much for that.

As good as the midfield was in the first half, that 15 minute spell at the start of the second half shouldn't be ignored...how many times have we seen that over the past year or 2?

Against most teams in the league Xhaka and Dani will get run all over, as we have previously seen, and I am tired of seeing it...think it would still best just to let Dani go back to Spain next season, as we need a different type of player in our team atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom