• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
This is a big game for someone like Ceballos, I remember in the game at Emirates against Sp**s he came off the bench and it was the first time I really started to notice that he was hogging onto the ball too much, wasn't make enough forward passes, his cameo was very disappointing.

Now he has to really show he can hang in these big games, make his presence felt in midfield. If he replicates his last performance then it'll be very promising. But what I've seen with Ceballos is that he usually has one top performance followed by a few lackluster ones, hopefully this isn't the case and we're now seeing what he's all about.

@Tir Na Nog

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Top stuff today...he's so scrappy as a player too, doesn't mind getting stuck in to challenges.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
We have to sign him. Playing alongside Xhaka could be a good partnership they are playing so well and I think this Ceballos is really different comparing with Ceballos that we saw against Burnley for example, he has pace, defending so well and doing passes very well. I'm so proud of him and I hope he changes his mind and want to sign with us, because Real Madrid don't want him and he knows if he stays at Madrid he wouldn't play anything.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
We have to sign him. Playing alongside Xhaka could be a good partnership they are playing so well and I think this Ceballos is really different comparing with Ceballos that we saw against Burnley for example, he has pace, defending so well and doing passes very well. I'm so proud of him and I hope he changes his mind and want to sign with us, because Real Madrid don't want him and he knows if he stays at Madrid he wouldn't play anything.
I quite like Ceballos, but pace? He is as slow as Xhaka which will always be a problem

OSBK

Established Member
In this formation he has completely changed my opinion of him. I didnt want him pre arteta, his lack of pace showed and he isnt a number 10. As a deep midfielder in this side he looks great and his lack of pace is not exposed. The pivot of DC and xhaka is actually quite good and he is alittle dirty which i like. Deffo keep

He is becoming good player for us but this is why I didn't like this deal at all. If he is becoming good and Real fancy to use him next season we are saying goodbye after year of watching him failing and not being good enough.

If we don't sign him we practically just developed a player for another top club. Lets hope we win the FA Cup so it won't be all for nothing!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All the noises from him indicates he wants to stay.
Noises from the club indicate they are trying to find ways for him to stay.
I would take him for the price quoted in the tabloids (£25m).

Bloodbather

Established Member

In favor of keeping him for the right price. Preferably on loan with an option to buy. Playing well now, developing chemistry with Xhaka. Could give us a very good option in midfield next season, whether he's a regular starter or not.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cant really be dissuaded by the result to be honest. He was good defensively and work diligently. The oow block helped him massively. I thought he was very poor in possession today. He had two big giveaways, where he shouldn't have been caught. He just isn't progressive enough on the ball. Replacing him with Partey in our starting line up would take this team up a level.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Cant really be dissuaded by the result to be honest. He was good defensively and work diligently. The oow block helped him massively. I thought he was very poor in possession today. He had two big giveaways, where he shouldn't have been caught. He just isn't progressive enough on the ball. Replacing him with Partey in our starting line up would take this team up a level.

Yeah, but you need more than 11 players in your squad. Guendouzi is in the past already, Torreira is a different type of player entirely. Whether he's starting or not, surely you want Ceballos in the squad? To be playing central midfield as well as he is at 23 in a new country is significant, and if he's available for around 20m surely it's a no brainer.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, but you need more than 11 players in your squad. Guendouzi is in the past already, Torreira is a different type of player entirely. Whether he's starting or not, surely you want Ceballos in the squad? To be playing central midfield as well as he is at 23 in a new country is significant, and if he's available for around 20m surely it's a no brainer.

Ceballos isn't the type of player who would accept being a squad option. He doesn't have that personality.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ceballos isn't the type of player who would accept being a squad option. He doesn't have that personality.

So he fights to get in the team, either he dislodges a player and earns a spot or he doesn't and you sell him for a profit. What are you gonna do, buy a player specifically with the personality to accept being a squad option? How does that work.

As I said, you need more than 11 players.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So he fights to get in the team, either he dislodges a player and earns a spot or he doesn't and you sell him for a profit. What are you gonna do, buy a player specifically with the personality to accept being a squad option? How does that work.

As I said, you need more than 11 players.

Not so much someone who accepts being a squad option, maybe it's me being overly cautious, but he has an Özil like pr persona.

Looks like we are looking to do another loan with an obligation to buy. I still think we should be able to find a better player at the same price.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I quite like Ceballos, but pace? He is as slow as Xhaka which will always be a problem
He has good acceleration which is more important in his role than pace. He only needs to cover short amounts of ground quickly rather than 100 yard dashes.

We need to sign him up. His tackling and quality on the ball are hopefully becoming more obvious to others. He is still only want 23/24 and will only continue to get better.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Bingobob beat me to it but the dude is only 23. Ive been more than impressed with his attitude and his recent displays and I was slinging heavy mud on this guy. He wanted a run of games, he finally got it and he hasn’t dropped the ball.
The prices quoted in the media are a snip, complete no brainer tbh.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not so much someone who accepts being a squad option, maybe it's me being overly cautious, but he has an Özil like pr persona.

Looks like we are looking to do another loan with an obligation to buy. I still think we should be able to find a better player at the same price.
not sure why you say that? he fought to get into the team. He put the hard yards in during training and has been rewarded for it. Özil hasnt done that otherwise he would be in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom