<

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by krengon, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Buy him. Loan what loan guy is perfect for mikel system
    L.

North5, say yes and Camron like this.
  2. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He really won me over this season - he was part of the malaise in the early part of the season but Arteta has really brought his potential out. Been one of our better performers since the restart. I still think ultimately him and Xhaka as a midfield pairing doesn't have much longevity in terms of effectiveness but he's been one of our best players and I'd argue he was MOTM today.

3. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

The turn around in Ceballos proves why the most important person at a football club is the manager/coach.

His potential was always there but the manager extracts that potential and with it comes performances, consistent performances. The stats show what the eye sees.

Arteta has made Ceballos realise that potential at a high level and hopefully Ceballos recognises that also and decides Arteta can and will get the best from him.

4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I understand his tore between Real betis (his boyhood club) and us but if he want a chance to be in euros next year6he should stay here he is automatic starter even of we buy Coutinho and Partey.

5. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Today first class. 30m or less do it now

6. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Be interesting to see where he plays if we get Partey. You’d imagine Arteta might try and push him a bit further up the pitch.

Football Manager likes this.
  7. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

He was class, fought for the team and controlled the game

8. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

He has come on in spades since the restart. The good elements were there but he can execute them quicker snd minute by minute. Auba gets MOTM but Ceballos made us tick.

lomekian likes this.
  9. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

What a crucial goal his was at Sheffield United.

10. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

He’s one of those proper little Spanish ****s...but I like it.

Mitch, DanDare and Sammy1887 like this.
  11. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

For me he was man of the match as well, it's so pleasing to have a midfielder who can turn and drive forward while picking out a pass. When you say they don't have longevity as a partnership do you mean cracks will show over the course of a season and one of them isn't up to it in the long term?

MutableEarth likes this.
  12. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful Vinai

Loan with an obligation please.

Macho and El Duderino like this.
  13. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

14. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Don't think you can go back to Real Betis at this age after playing for Real Madrid and Arsenal.
    Different worlds.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Trilly, DanDare and El Duderino like this.
  15. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Bit more nuanced than that - neither Xhaka or Ceballos are particularly bad players but I think it's a limited partnership that would definitely get exploited over the course of a season - both kinda do the same stuff and if the team want to go up a level, having both in the team is a little redundant. It's almost similar to the Cazorla-Coquelin problem where having a player who could do elements of both players would have been more beneficial than having both of them in the team - the difference is that while Coquelin and Cazorla were fundamentally different players, Xhaka and Ceballos are far more similar than they are different. Having a back 3 has definitely mitigated their weaknesses to a certain extent but I think our midfield would have an extra dimension if we had a little bit more dynamism and pace, and just one of Ceballos and Xhaka rather than having both of them. Perhaps it would work if it was in a 3 but given the issues we have surrounding creativity at the moment that seems like a difficult situation to navigate for Arteta and the team.

16. Sebastes

Sebastes Statbomb Merchant

Credit to Dani. One of our top performers lately and I’d argue he was the best player today. Really like that he is taking more and more responsibility in buildup and most important progressing the ball. You can just see how full of confidence he is but I think he has a level or two more in him. Really hope wecan keep him!

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  17. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

The thing I like about him is that he has a desire to win. You can see it. He's got a taste for a bit of ****housery and you need guys like that in the squad who have that on top of ability. I actually think that with a proper CB partner for Saliba and a guy like Partey as the 3rd man in midfield he and Xhaka could go to another in terms of their influence on our attack.

lomekian and North5 like this.
  18. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Got death threats for wanting to keep him not too long ago.

North5 likes this.
  19. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Why would you push him further up the pitch when he’s doing so well in his current position? He’s just come out and said that he’s at his best when he’s playing deeper and feeding the attacking midfielder. Arteta has said that he’s not an AM as well.

20. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

This guy has become an animal, get an option to buy in his next loan.

He’s on an upward trajectory.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    North5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.