• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've not seen a single link suggesting we're looking to bring him back, yet people are so certain we are?

balthazar

Well AMN is on the way out & Matt Smith is out on loan.
Didn't realize Matt Smith was going on loan. As for AMN he always saw himself as a primarily a midfielder so if we fail to get Aouar, Ceballos, Partey, and lose Torreira to Seria A, then we should keep AMN and see how he does in midfield. Rather play him than El Sideways.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we should have put option to buy for 20M euros when we loan him first time could have made things easier for us. Can see why Real madrid want to negotiate for higher offer.

karquosa

we should have put option to buy for 20M euros when we loan him first time could have made things easier for us. Can see why Real madrid want to negotiate for higher offer.

When Dani joined us on loan he had just captained the Spanish team to victory at the 2019 U-21 Euros. By every account, we very much wanted an option to buy at a higher price-point but Real was not interested in including any such sort of clause in the loan agreement. Reasonable given his performances in that tournament

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
We would have been laughed out of the meeting if we suggested a 20M buy option last summer. In this market maybe, I'd even take an obligation, but I'm pretty sure last summer Real would've asked for 50m+ to even consider a release clause.

Steev10

They would never have agreed to a €20m option last year. The talk was €40m, at least with Covid, his price this year is potentially achievable.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
20m euros was reasonable for guy like Ceballos he not wanted by real madrid and he still not wanted

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I would be happy with a midfield of Ceballos - Partey and a Cam in front of them. Then having Xhaka and Elneny as squad options. I would say Willock but it's clearly that Arteta doesn't want him in the middle. He is even playing him as CF

African Flair

20m euros was reasonable for guy like Ceballos he not wanted by real madrid and he still not wanted
It wasnt really and they certainly had nothing to gain from letting him go for that amount. People forget that he was one of Spains brightest at u21 level who just had made the jump to senior level. With that profile you don't get discarded for not making a team that won three straight CLs.

akhil

Kovacic went for 40m euros a year after his load at Chelsea. They're probably looking at a similar fee for him

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Repetition doesn't create truth ;-) Fact is, Madrid (quite rightly) didn't want to sell him for such a low fee. Their need to raise cash was not particularly great, and if he'd played the whole season like he did the last 6 weeks for us, he'd easily be a £40-50m player. Also, given Zidane walked after winning the CL, they aren't going to base their whole strategy on Zidane not being sold on a player, when they have two first choice midfielders who are not getting any younger. They don't want to make the same mistakes as Barca. Covid may make the price more reasonable for us now, but we'd want £30m+ for him, so why wouldn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom