• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Carvalho

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
We need a player like him. He will be Pires' replacement. We miss goals from the 6 yard box and tap ins. We saw that against Chelsea where Hleb missed that glorious chance. If Carvalho was there, he would've scored.

Howvere I don't think we'll be able to get him as early as January.

1. He's in the UEFA Cup so there's still a chance for him winning the trophy again.

2. Say if Arsenal still trail Man United by a large margine in January and gets kick out of the Carling Cup and FA Cup, I don't think he'll want to come here unless he desperately wants to play football. This guy has vision, he wants to win things. I think he'll prefer to stay with CSKA and win the UEFA Cup.

But I do hope he comes here because we need a player like him, a player who can score lots of goals from the midfield. If not this January, then next summer will also do.

spartan239

Mr. Hotshot said:
We need a player like him. He will be Pires' replacement. We miss goals from the 6 yard box and tap ins. We saw that against Chelsea where Hleb missed that glorious chance. If Carvalho was there, he would've scored.

1. He's in the UEFA Cup so there's still a chance for him winning the trophy again.

2. Say if Arsenal still trail Man United by a large margine in January and gets kick out of the Carling Cup and FA Cup, I don't think he'll want to come here unless he desperately wants to play football. This guy has vision, he wants to win things. I think he'll prefer to stay with CSKA and win the UEFA Cup.

But I do hope he comes here because we need a player like him, a player who can score lots of goals from the midfield. If not this January, then next summer will also do.

So why do we have Rosicky?

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
spartan239 said:
Mr. Hotshot said:

So why do we have Rosicky?

We have Rosicky because we thought he cold be Pire's replacement but technically and the way we've seen him play so far, he is not Pires' replacement. He doesn't score those easy tap ins that Bobby used to. But Carvalho would do that job if he comes here. I've seen him play, and his finishing is out of this world.

It's still too early to judge whether Rosicky is good enough, but from what I've seen from him so far, he's not Robert Pires' replacement. He's a quality player without a shadow of a doubt but I think Carvalho would do a Pires kind of job and score lots of goals for Arsenal.

Jameel46

Established Member
daniel carvalho is mainly a LW, but if we get him then 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 would have to be the formation with VP losing his place in the side, we're being linked with wingers at the moment for some reason but this one would be a better deal than Jesus Navas or Peurta, our midfield depth has to be considered one of the best in the prem already (only second to Chelsea) and with Daniel Carvalho it will only make it stronger

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Very true indeed, Jameel. If we play the 4-5-1 formation, Carvalho would become somewhat like a shadow striker. Hleb and Rosicky would make wide runs and then they can pass the ball into the box and I think this is what Carvalho does best, scoring tap ins and scoring from far distances. If you look back a year ago, Carvalho scores from those kind of positions. We need someone like him, he CAN score goals from the midfield which I think is what we're lacking at the moment.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom