• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 122,196
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
People here are right, he is gonna make more mistakes at some point. But I guess look at it from Arteta's point of view: he's starting a daunting new project and he needs help with that, he needs voices in the dressing room he can trust to manage the other players a bit. It's probably why he likes Xhaka so much too.

If he had decided to let David Luiz go then maybe he'd be thinking we're not experienced enough in the dressing room, we're lacking leadership.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A monster performance vs City and a very good post match interview where he acknowledged his howler after the restart. He has his wobbles on the pitch but off it, I think he'll be a very good mentor. I saw him with AMN after the match really getting in to the lad's mind and encouraging him.

Kav

Established Member
David Luiz, my respect for him as gone much higher since watching the postmatch interview. That performance was commendable and i know he will make mistakes in the future but as long as he puts in those kinds of performances after, i will be fine.

GDeep™

League is very weak
David Luiz, my respect for him as gone much higher since watching the postmatch interview. That performance was commendable and i know he will make mistakes in the future but as long as he puts in those kinds of performances after, i will be fine.
You’re entitled to your opinion, but I think his lack of consistency, persistent mistakes etc are a massive handicap to the team. He’s been poor all season. Arteta had to go 3 at the back, to cover for his car crash defending.

Don’t see how we can tolerate this only because he puts the odd great performance in.

He’s complete trash.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why isn’t nobody talking about Arteta going 3 at the back to cover our horrendous defenders? People praising Luiz after the manager had to put two guys next to him. Don’t see how he’s praise worthy at all.

Liverpool created 17 chances in the 2nd half, Salah missed some chances, Martinez pulled off a phenomenal save, on another day Liverpool would’ve scored 3/4 in the 2nd half alone, so it’s not like we’ve been that good, City aside.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why isn’t nobody talking about Arteta going 3 at the back to cover our horrendous defenders? People praising Luiz after the manager had to put two guys next to him. Don’t see how he’s praise worthy at all.

Liverpool created 17 chances in the 2nd half, Salah missed some chances, Martinez pulled off a phenomenal save, on another day Liverpool would’ve scored 3/4 in the 2nd half alone, so it’s not like we’ve been that good, City aside.
But but, he’s good off the pitch.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not convinced Ancelotti ever wanted him, Mourinho sold him after rarely ever using him, Benitez used him as a midfielder whenever he used him. Conte did bring him back to play in a back 3 and even then he was dropped in his second season. Lampard was happy to do without him despite the other options not being particularly good.

Everyone knows what he's all about. At the end of the day you don't want to be depending on this guy as a first choice CB (especially in a back four) if you've got serious ambitions, because he'll let you down.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I miss when Adam Sandler used to be funny, years since he made a good film.
He was never really funny though, he was like Coutinho, had some moments but generally overrated and didn’t deliver quality.

Compared to early Eddie Murphy, who was like Özil, everything he touched was gold and it was done in style.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Good ebening to you Poppa. No, i just really established a liking to Emery. Plus a small connection to Villareal since i saw them live once in their glory days, were my go to team on fifa 08. Marcos Senna!

That was the team with Pires, Santi and big Cygan in it, nice Arsenal connection...think Godin and my boy Nihat too (plus Senna, as you said), very good squad.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
That was the team with Pires, Santi and big Cygan in it, nice Arsenal connection...think Godin and my boy Nihat too (plus Senna, as you said), very good squad.

They also had norweigan legend John Dahl Tomasson, Capdevilla and Giuseppe Rossi. Great squad, finished second in 07/08. Time to Emery to return them to the glory days.

Hearing they are close to bringing in Oscar Rodriguez, that would be a great first signing of the summer. Had a breakout season with CD Leganes on loan from Real Madrid, really put some fine numbers up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom