• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Is this an ideal scenario for keepers? It doesn’t really happen often, the only times recently I can think of were Bravo/Ter Stegen, Navas/Courtious and Courtious/Cech. The number two after each season got shipped out as well iirc.
Ramsdale is done here. He will leave in January. My prediction is Brentford if this new keeper don’t work for them

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Tets wanted him before Ramsdale, its tricky but Aaron needs to up his game. You do everything to win the league and if this deal enables that, i have no problem with it.
yeah but many of our second choiches look better than the first choice - Mudryk/Trossard, Vlahovic/Jesus, Martinez/Zinchenko. Probably someone else too

DuBB

rams needs competition not straight benching. maignan for example would make rams backup right away, and we dont want that
raya is as perfect as you can/want to get in our situation

That's why I think Raya is a stop-gap signing and a market opportunity.

"Turner might wanna go to play games before the WC... wait.... nobody bought Raya? How long's he got left? A year?? Forest want Turner? If we can get Raya in for not too much more than Turner goes for, surely in a year or 18 months we can sell Raya for what he's really worth?"

Raya's not good enough to make us turn around and sell Ramsdale in a year, because if in a year Maignan or a Maignan-level GK was available and would come to us, both Ramsdale and Raya would look insufficient.

Basically it comes down to this - both are #1 level GKs for a Top 6 team, but how much better is Ramsdale/Turner than Raya/Turner?

Because those who think Raya is going to come in and make Ramsdale redundant are basically looking at a future where we eventually sell Ramsdale, just to buy another #2 who likely won't be much better than Matt Turner.

blrgooner

Established Member
For me this is a good deal though I think that one of our keepers will be sold next season. I think Raya/ramsdale would both fetch at least 40 m next season. We could by that time find an internal solution for backup gk. In the meanwhile, at least we push both the keepers to perform at their best because of the competition.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

For me this is a good deal though I think that one of our keepers will be sold next season. I think Raya/ramsdale would both fetch at least 40 m next season. We could by that time find an internal solution for backup gk. In the meanwhile, at least we push both the keepers to perform at their best because of the competition.
who buys 40 million for a keeper? Whoever is sold wil be sold to mid table teams like leno

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Tomiyasu turning into a squad player.
Ben White potentially losing his place in the starting XI
Ramsdale losing his spot.
Lokonga getting loaned out.
Tavares getting loaned out.

Uncomfortable conversations about Teta's Talent ID.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Tomiyasu turning into a squad player.
Ben White potentially losing his place in the starting XI
Ramsdale losing his spot.
Lokonga getting loaned out.
Tavares getting loaned out.

Uncomfortable conversations about Teta's Talent ID.
Except only the bottom 2 have been duds tho. The others are fine.

All teams in every division take chances on players without knowing if it'll work & sometimes they don't. It's the nature of the game. Thankfully we have more hits than misses & we cannot be sure who did the talent spotting for Nuno & Sambi. Sambi was a recommendation from Kompany apparently.

Everyone is assuming if we buy Raya, Ramsdale loses his place. Nobody but the Arsenal coaching team will know what will happen.

AM is full of armchair pundits. Nobody here knows a bleedin thing lol

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

"Turner might wanna go to play games before the WC... wait.... nobody bought Raya? How long's he got left? A year?? Forest want Turner? If we can get Raya in for not too much more than Turner goes for, surely in a year or 18 months we can sell Raya for what he's really worth?"

Raya's not good enough to make us turn around and sell Ramsdale in a year, because if in a year Maignan or a Maignan-level GK was available and would come to us, both Ramsdale and Raya would look insufficient.

Basically it comes down to this - both are #1 level GKs for a Top 6 team, but how much better is Ramsdale/Turner than Raya/Turner?

Because those who think Raya is going to come in and make Ramsdale redundant are basically looking at a future where we eventually sell Ramsdale, just to buy another #2 who likely won't be much better than Matt Turner.
lady GIF

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Was Ramsdale such upgrade on Leno we decided to sell him and buy cheap second choice? If we buy Raya. He will become nr 1. Ramsdale will ask to move as I doubt a keeper who been first choice for years will want to be second choice nor will we want a second choice on over 100k. History tell us Ramsdale is done if we buy Raya. Every example of big club having a starter and buy another starter it leads to the keeper that’s being replaced being sold. Turner is on a lot less money than Ramsdale and Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom