• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

steppenwolf

Established Member
what's the ****ing process is, when you "upgrade" your keeper year after year

hope Rams is our starter and non of this nonsense floated around here has a leg to stand on...

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Oh behave 😂. Whilst Romano has become annoying, what he’s saying won’t be incorrect and he certainly isn’t a guesswork journalist.

I’m really not worried about the fee. Brentford will be desperate to sell now the player absolutely wants us and he also has a year left.

We’ve got them by the balls.
Nah he even got a here we go wrong this summer. Forgot which one but sure he did.

He does get some exclusives (which he himself mentions as exclusive in his tweets) but other wise he's a fraud.

Almost always when orn posts something, within 2 min he repeats it with different words.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Would be brilliant business if we could do that.

Then a versatile wide man (Raphinha) and that Brasilian midfield kid, and some outgoings and its possibly a 9/10 window.
I much rather Kudus than Raphinha. Likely cheaper, less wages, and is more versatile. Raphinha can mostly play RW & LW? Kudus can play RW, AMF and false 9. No need for a LW.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arsenal should just wait until late August. Let’s see if they play him or they stick with their new keeper. Then last few days offer 15 million for your second choice keeper and they have a decision to make

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Would be brilliant business if we could do that.

Then a versatile wide man (Raphinha) and that Brasilian midfield kid, and some outgoings and its possibly a 9/10 window.
Barca probably won't seel Raphinha after losing Dembele too and the RW market doesn't look good. Not sure if Duberry will get a loan or not, but would be a shame to block his way with some average RW just to buy one. Juve has two interesting RW talents with Iling Jr and Soule.

Midfield looks stacked too, so we would need some loan club for this brazilian midfield kid.

DuBB

Is Raya a clear upgrade ?

No, not really. But fans are excited by new players even if it's just and incremental upgrade.

I consider both Raya and Ramsdale to be of about comparable levels, but with different deficiencies - deficiencies we won't really see until Raya is between the sticks for a run of games.

Then we'll see where he's better at AB and C, he's shaky on XY and Z, and where Ramsdale can do A, C and is very good at Y, he needs improvement on BX and Z

The more I think about this Raya deal, the more it feels like a market opportunity:

I don't think we'll pay top end for him - I'm happy to eat my words if we do, but I don't think we will.

I think we smell a chance to turn Turner into Raya for a fair price and we'll cross other bridges when we come to them in a year or 18 months.

If we bought Raya, but you asked me who is at Arsenal in 2 years time my answer would be Ramsdale.

And it's not because I "back" Ramsdale over Raya, but it's because clearly we have a segment of our business that is about quick turnarounds and we're not afraid to bring someone in, utilise them (or not) and then turn them over to break even or for a profit.

That's what this smells like.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No IMO. It's gonna be competition between the 2.

Is this an ideal scenario for keepers? It doesn’t really happen often, the only times recently I can think of were Bravo/Ter Stegen, Navas/Courtious and Courtious/Cech. The number two after each season got shipped out as well iirc.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Tets wanted him before Ramsdale, its tricky but Aaron needs to up his game. You do everything to win the league and if this deal enables that, i have no problem with it.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
rams needs competition not straight benching. maignan for example would make rams backup right away, and we dont want that
raya is as perfect as you can/want to get in our situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom