• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Glad we have our priorities in order
Another person who doesn't understand how transfers work but always has an incorrect opinion.
pepsi GIF

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The Telegraph article:
Brentford goalkeeper David Raya has made it clear that his preference is to join Arsenal this summer, although the north London club face ongoing competition from Bayern Munich in the battle to sign the Spaniard.

Arsenal and Brentford are now in talks over a deal for Raya, who is keen to make the move to the Emirates Stadium and compete with Aaron Ramsdale for a starting role in Mikel Arteta’s team.

Telegraph Sport understands that Bayern are still pushing to convince Raya to swap the Premier League for the Bundesliga, although a move to Arsenal is now regarded as much more likely by sources close to the deal.

It remains to be seen whether Arsenal and Brentford can agree a fee this summer. Brentford head coach Thomas Frank has publicly valued Raya at £40 million.

Raya is aware of the personal terms that would be on offer from Arsenal in the event of an agreement between the two clubs and would be happy to accept those conditions.

Arsenal’s interest in the Spanish goalkeeper is longstanding and they first tried to sign him in the summer of 2020, when a bid of around £10 million was rejected by Brentford.

Arsenal’s goalkeeper coach, Iñaki Caña, worked with Raya at Brentford and is believed to have a strong relationship with the 27-year-old. It was Caña who effectively signed Raya for Brentford in 2019, when he joined the club from Blackburn Rovers.

On Wednesday night, after Arsenal’s pre-season friendly against Monaco, Arteta refused to comment on the club’s interest in Raya, saying: “You know that I’m not going to talk about any player that is not here, I’m sorry.”

Arteta went on to praise Ramsdale’s performance in the game and insisted that the England goalkeeper remains in his plans for the future.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
that kinda high offer should have made 15M then settle for 20M-25M now they'll ask 30M can't see them accepting this.

Also really surprising we rushing in this while turner still here

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
That'll surely get rejected, if not fair play. Brighton sold Sanchez for 25m + add-ons with more leverage than Brentford have for Raya, so no way we should be paying much more than that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pls get in a striker
Ramsdale can have a much better season at the back than having nketiah upfront
my guy we can't buy CF until we free up spaces we have 3 CF's until this happen we stuck with what we got we getting Raya because we selling Turner. and we won't buy CF likely we'll get RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom