• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Defoe identified as a target?

JazzG

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
Jazz- point taken on Kluivert, he is world class, Defoe isn't. But I would only want Kluivert if he really wanted to play for us, not if it was just about "la pasta" as they say in Spain

He has a reputation of blowing his money and not giving a ****. Thing is, it is upto the club to keep a player in order. Barca are a joke themselves, they freely spend and the behind the scene poltics are killing the club. Their players just don't give a damn about them. It is no coincidence that many players have flopped there. From what I hear the club is run very poorly. The environment within Arsenal is the opposite

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
JazzG said:
Barca are dumbasses, they keep buying attacking players when their defense is a joke........

Funniest thing I've read tonight, they should have been hammered by Bilbao tonight. I was looking at their defence, every time Bilbao countered, Barcelona were missing two defenders!

They're arrogant ****s as well, why would they ever think Thierry would play for them? They may be big in Catalunya, but haven't done anything for ages..

JazzG

Established Member
They are in huge debt yet still are able to spend over £20mill a summer, it is a joke.

thegame24

Established Member
how the hell did they get davids? how did they get rdinho???

i just dont understand what are they offering them?

JazzG

Established Member
Davids went coz he lost his place in the Juve team. They got Appiah who is doing a superb job for them, is well young as well. Davids is on the wrong side of 30 as well so they decided to get rid of him. Loads of Dutch players + good wages probably persuaded him.

Ronaldinho went coz PSG only accepted a bid from Barca, they turned down man utd's offer so Barca got him. If ronaldinho had any sense he would of forced PSG to accept man utd's offer, he would of played for, as much as it pains me to admit it, one of the best clubs in europe. Now he is playing for a team which probably will only scrape into the UEFA cup......

patrick42uk

Established Member
Kluivert isnt such a hero, you will find that he hasnt ever scored up to 20 league goals in a season since he left ajax. i'd rather keep wiltord, who could probably get the same return as him with less wage demands.

Defoe wont cost 8 million. we are not moving for him now. if west ham dont get promoted, which looks pretty likely, his value should halve. he will put in a lot more effort than kluivert would as he is making a step up. Kluivert's attitude overall is suspect. Defoe has got ability and incredible potential. All this rubbish about him not having european experience, well its not his fault such a talent as he is started out at west ham. Lampard never had european experience, chelsea signed and now he is shining. I'd expect defoe to do the same. Defoe can score goals for arsenal. jeffers hasn got defoe's technical ability but his goals to starts ratio was pretty impressive while he was here. That shows a half decent box striker would thrive in our system. Defoe would do better. Once settled, he could get 20 odd goals in a season (remeber in his first full season at west ham making mainly subs appearance he finished top scorer with 14 goals). I also believe that defoe would eventually become our regular top scorer, leaving henry to focus more on his preferred assists role.

thegame24

Established Member
well it sucks. i want ronaldinho damnit.

anyway i gotta go its 2am :shock:

i got another exam on monday so ill see you lot monday afternoon

COME ON ARSENAL!

seanconvey66

I think u rate the Barca players too highly. Overmars hasnt done much since he left us, Riquelmes fat and lazy, Kluivert dont score, Ronaldinho only performs for Brazil whilst Qaresma and Saviola have undoubted potential but arent living up to it, and Davids is only there for 6 months! They aint got **** on us! Puyol and Xavi are there best players and are both homegrown.

D.Dappa

if Defoe does come it wont be till the summer, unless Henry get injured soon, and then i think we will get him for about 6.5mill...........................no way did i want him for 10mil, 5mil sounded more reasonable.

and if its true that wenger did go in for cisse he obviously prepared to spend around 12mil on a striker, so my bet is still on Eto'o...........maybe he has played this "rumour" to his advantage, let ppl think Defoe is our main target, let manU and chelsea try to rival us for him.....................while in his mind what he really wants is Eto'o in the summer, who is very unhappy in Spain, lets see how he plays in the african nations cup.

Holla

Andrew

Defoe could be a good option. He certainly would be one of the cheaper options because it looks like he wants to leave and it seems certain that West Ham have to sell. And there might have been some talk over it when Rami went to West Ham.

But I don't think he's good enough at the moment, I wouldn't even play him ahead of Kanu or Ali with the form they've been in. But Defoe's got all the ingredients to become and excellent player under Wenger. I think he'd either be hit or miss at Arsenal. But at least he has time on his side.

kajej

One player who I think would fit in our system really well, is Gudjonsen. That guy is really under-rated. He holds up the ball really well, has ver good shots as well as passes, can head the ball. I think he is just the player Wenger is looking for to play alongside Henry. I don't think Chelsea would let him go, unless they buy another striker in the summer, which is very likely if they don't end up doing good this year.

johe

thegame24 said:
the thing is though bergkamp may still stay and hopefully kanu will too.

if we get defoe ONLY, then we are still gonna be lacking for cl and for 8 million for a division 1 player its just not on.

Like i said arsenal dont really have a problem in the league as kanu or bergkamp allow ljungberg and pires to do the business and this season with some luck we will win cl.

but next year we will need re inforcements for the cl and i think it will be better to spend that amount of money on a proven SUPERSTAR.

We can't have a striker for the CL and another for the PL, that way the CL striker will never be match fit for the CL games, because he never plays in our premiership games. And Defoe wont get champs league experience if he doesn't get to play in the CL. IF we get Defoe he needs to get that experience by playing, If he's good enough, because in the end, that's what matters

jolieber

thegame24 said:
just cause defoe is an ian wright fan it doesnt mean hes gonna be as good as him.

i love maradona but i cant do the **** he does to save my life.

Bet there is a tiny difference there, as I suspect defoe is a little more like Wright than you are like maradona :?

thegame24

Established Member
seanconvey66 said:
I think u rate the Barca players too highly. Overmars hasnt done much since he left us, Riquelmes fat and lazy, Kluivert dont score, Ronaldinho only performs for Brazil whilst Qaresma and Saviola have undoubted potential but arent living up to it, and Davids is only there for 6 months! They aint got **** on us! Puyol and Xavi are there best players and are both homegrown.

as i said once before in another topic if you actually took the time to read some of my posts you would see that i said they have BAD management thus not using players to their full potential.

anyway while i should have been revising i was thinking of another player that would be brilliant

Totti

anyone know if roma would sell? hes become kind of a hero for roma and are useless without him.

patrick42uk

Established Member
thegame24 said:
seanconvey66 said:

as i said once before in another topic if you actually took the time to read some of my posts you would see that i said they have BAD management thus not using players to their full potential.

anyway while i should have been revising i was thinking of another player that would be brilliant

Totti

anyone know if roma would sell? hes become kind of a hero for roma and are useless without him.

i think your revising has removed your ability for rational thought! are you crazy? make a bid for totti? why dont we try for raul as well. we'd probably have a better chance with him. Totti is a GOD at roma, when he retires they will make a statue for him (if they havent done already?). He has said himself he'd only leave roma if the money was neede to save them financially. and he said ther is only one club he'd go to, real madrid.

thegame24

Established Member
once again my head is being bitten off for no apparent reason.

what did i say?

are they willing to sell

now why do you have to go calling me crazy?

its not like i knew he would never leave roma.

patrick42uk

Established Member
sorry, i thought it was common knowledge. you did in your post describe how indispensable he was. And its not as if roma are a small club.

Mark

Established Member
i doubt totti will ever leave roma. they wouldn't sell him for one thing. he's a great player but it makes sense to focus on realistic targets which this is far from.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom