• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Diogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asterix

Established Member
Not if Diogo's work permit application under special talent clauses failed and he went to Spain for 2 years.

Even if successful it wouldn't hurt to have him in the squad for 4-5 months van Persie will spend recuperating.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like the descriptions about this player.

I wouldn't think the addition of this player mean another Arsenal striker has to leave. Frankly, no one can be sure how long van Persie can stay fit during a season. Not to mention Eduardo's recovery, it might take him a good 12-14 month period to get his match fitness back at least. I think it's right to consider signing another striker.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
570494-4629-cp.jpg

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
nidza, diego would be good, but we have quite alot of midfielders.

what we need is someone who can win us games, can score goals out of nowhere like torres. someone who can create something out of nothing.

a tall, SKILLFUL brazilian tempts me

number_0

Established Member
Disagree A_H, we dont have enough attacking midfielders, we need someone versitile who can cover for cesc, hleb and rosicky, no one in our squad does that at the moment.
I know we wont be getting diego, but someone similur wont hurt us.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
arsenal_hleb said:

what we need is someone who can win us games, can score goals out of nowhere like torres. someone who can create something out of nothing.

We may have the quantity, but we lack the quality to win major silverware. Beyond our starting 4 (Cesc, Rosicky, Flamini, Hleb), we have the raw Denilson, the enigmatic Diaby, and Mr. Eboue. Gilberto's on the way out, and we don't really know where Song will play (CB or CM). We could do with another midfielder or 2, as we still lack decent cover for Flamini and Rosicky. That is what's cost us points this season and could possibly cost us the PL title.

yankeegooner

Right or wrong, I'm sure Wenger is counting on Vela for cover in midfield next year. He has played on the left for Osasuna, and drifts in a lot, ending some games as the second striker playing off the main striker. I could see him playing on the left for us or in the middle of a 4-5-1. I'm sure he'll get a lot of games too, given that Rosicky hasn't made half a season yet...

lee1001

Established Member
I have heard people say that Diego is more of a talent than Pato.

Can't we get the guy on a 'special talent' visa?

Mostarac

Established Member
He has not played in Brazilian Serie A so far I see. Paying £6 million for a player from the second division in Brazil seems a lot, I would rather pay that money for a proven talent like Thiago Neves for example.

Lancelot

Established Member
I just hope that it will not turn out to be like this again:

Arsène Wenger on Anelka back in July 07 said:
On stories about targetting Nicolas Anelka...
"At the moment I have not made any offer for Anelka. I felt we had the strikers we needed, and also I wanted a player like Eduardo, who can play on the flanks and with Adebayor, or with van Persie. That is why we have gone for Eduardo. It was more a question of choice rather than the quality of Anelka, because I rate him very very highly. It was just we have Adebayor, Bendtner and Eduardo who play in the same position."
No more striker who could be used on the flanks please.

PS - Link

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
American_Gooner said:
arsenal_hleb said:

We may have the quantity, but we lack the quality to win major silverware. Beyond our starting 4 (Cesc, Rosicky, Flamini, Hleb), we have the raw Denilson, the enigmatic Diaby, and Mr. Eboue. Gilberto's on the way out, and we don't really know where Song will play (CB or CM). We could do with another midfielder or 2, as we still lack decent cover for Flamini and Rosicky. That is what's cost us points this season and could possibly cost us the PL title.
hmph...lets think about our midfielders in this way.

cesc and flamini are indispensable in central midfield. we have diaby, song, denilson as backup. sell gilberto, i don't mind. so we have 5 central midfielders and if that isn't enough maybe you can add in djourou or toure as emergencies, or buy a young central talent and invest. what we are sure is we only need backups for central mid, we have quality. so big signings in this section isnt needed and therefore rules out diego.

what we need is maybe a playmaking midfielder capable of playing on wings, thats what wenger always buy for wingers. vela is coming back next season, walcott can still play there and with eboue, we will have 5 wingers. not enough? just buy one more.

Jameel46

Established Member
Lancelot said:
I just hope that it will not turn out to be like this again:

Arsène Wenger on Anelka back in July 07 said:
On stories about targetting Nicolas Anelka...
"At the moment I have not made any offer for Anelka. I felt we had the strikers we needed, and also I wanted a player like Eduardo, who can play on the flanks and with Adebayor, or with van Persie. That is why we have gone for Eduardo. It was more a question of choice rather than the quality of Anelka, because I rate him very very highly. It was just we have Adebayor, Bendtner and Eduardo who play in the same position."
No more striker who could be used on the flanks please.

PS - Link

Vela? or is he gonna be here as a definite winger?

Anzac

Established Member
Dez said:
Ade or Bendtner would have to leave

not if he's only about 6 foot - means he's a different striker to those 2 who are half a foot taller than him. He's probably between Eduardo & RVP in height and probably also in style.

Lancelot

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
Vela? or is he gonna be here as a definite winger?
At first, I kind of thought that both his definite position in the future and the way he would be used are going to be the same as Walcott but on the left, but I guess that we'll just have to wait and see how things pan out for Vela.

The thing with a rather specialized striker is that, unless anyone here already likes how Eduardo performed as a left midfielder, how Eboue performed as a right midfielder, how Diaby performed as a left midfielder or that it's done for the sake of Walcott's education, we should just focus on playing players at their primary position.

Besides, that will also mean that Wenger won't go out and buy a rather specialized wide player now that this striker (if the boss indeed goes for him) already possesses this trend of 'positional adaptability'.

Asterix

Established Member
Who is that in your avatar Lancelot? I'm having trouble concentrating on anything else.....

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Credit to Lancelot for finding Wenger's quote. It does give some perspective to what Wenger would be looking for in the striker (or should I say, forward?) department.

I think the way Wenger considers his signing targets is kind of fluid. Wenger is not like Fergie, who tends to pay whatever it cost to get his ideal players. I have always wondered which ex- or non-Arsenal players are Wenger's regrets. I don't think Messi's or Torres' name will on the list but surely Anleka's name will be one on the top five.

KY

Established Member
Asterix said:
Who is that in your avatar Lancelot? I'm having trouble concentrating on anything else.....
Ex WWE wrestler Stacy Keibler i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom