• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Do you regret being Wenger Out?

Do you regret wanting Wenger Out in 2018?

• Total voters

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Looking back on how Wenger's final season played out, wonder if anyone on here regrets asking for a change at manager. Even Wenger in his worst season wasn't this bad.
giphy.gif

I have to admit, I may underestimated how good we had it under Wenger, even when we weren't winning the PL or CL.

That said, I still feel it was the right decision, it's just that we've been poor at everything since he left.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Never wanted him gone and cried like a baby when he said goodbye. I'm so glad I cherished every good moment. I wanted him to go once when the abuse was bad for his sake because it hurt seeing him being battered. He took the heart of the club with him and we have this pale shadow of a club lead by ghostly Mikel.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
No, but there was never any vritiol from me aimed at him. Still think he should've not been renewed after the last FA Cup win, leave on a high, good players in ok form.

Not only was Ivan craven about it, he never had an exit plan for Wenger at all. It should've been discussed with Wenger long before "Arsène, bruv, we need to put stuctures in place because youre not going to be here forever.".

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yes...even when everything got really bad post Leciester title win, he still held the club together pretty much on his own and to a pretty good level...plus although we weren't elite anymore, the football was still fun to watch.

Glad I got to see him manage us for as long as I did, at least.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I never wanted him gone.
In the heat of a bad result or dropped points, I may have posted my anger at Wenger too, but you always realised that he was the one who was keeping it together.

It really, really disgusts me when I think back of the abuse levels he received from our idiot fans at the Emirates, away matches, train stations, plane banners, social media meme campaigns etc...

That shocked even him and if you read his book, he indicates this fact as one of the key reasons why he was so rattled, because deep inside he was feeling betrayed from the owner, board as well as oue fickle fans.

In retrospect, this article is a small view of what he was going through and how right he was.

This article was postedon the day he won his 7th FA Cup with a win against Chelsea.

Arsène Wenger: Arsenal manager describes criticism as 'a disgrace'​

Last updated on27 May 201727 May 2017.From the sectionFootball345

Lack of respect towards me a disgrace - Wenger
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger described the criticism he has had this season as "a disgrace" he will "never forget".
The Frenchman, 67, has faced fierce protests from fans calling for him to leave the club he has led since 1996.

"I don't mind criticism because we are in a public job," he told BBC Sport's Football Focus before Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea at Wembley.
"I believe there's a difference between being criticised and being treated in a way that human beings don't deserve."
He added: "The lack of respect from some has been a disgrace and I will never accept that. I will never forget it.
"The behaviour of some people during the season, that is what hurts me most. It's not my person that is hurt but the impeccable image of the club around the world. That kind of behaviour does not reflect what Arsenal is.
"A strong club is a club that makes a decision. It is wrong that in modern society it is not a question of whether a decision is right but whether it is popular. That has nothing to do with competence. People with responsibility have to make the right decision."

Wenger will become the most successful manager in FA Cup history with a seventh title if his Arsenal side beat Chelsea in Saturday's 17:30 BST kick-off.
But the Gunners missed out on Champions League qualification for the first time in 20 years by finishing fifth in the Premier League,
Wenger's contract expires this summer, with his future set to be decided at a board meeting on Monday.
He has previously admitted that Arsenal's season was affected by the uncertainty around his position, as well as the protests calling for him to leave.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We needed a change of manager, he had been here long enough and was coming into his natural decline.

The mistake and regret we probably have is not appreciating him more while he was here - I did, I’m talking about most of you guys.

Don’t forget the bulk of this forum thought that Wenger was stopping Stan from spending LMAO.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal weren't really a top club anymore (due to Stan) so Arsène not being a top manager anymore didn't matter...no elite manager was touching this club, least we were still quality under him and you knew he loved the club.

But you know what's amazing?

Imagine telling one of the best managers in the world...a double "Double" winner, an Invincible League champion, someone who had just taken a club to their first ever Champions League final, for example...that you wanted them to stay at a club that will be selling a key player every season, that will have little money to use, that will offer him no personal glory or top honours anymore...while he is getting offered the Madrid and Bayern jobs...NO manager would stay under those conditions...not Pep, not Ferguson, not Jose, not Klopp...they would have left when the going got really tough.

Takes a special kind of man to accept that job, an exceptional man really...

tenor.gif

blaze_of_glory

I never wanted him gone but ended up coming around to him having to go.

Maybe that is still the case, maybe it was untenable, but there is an approximately 108% chance that we'd be better off if he had stayed compared to where we are now.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom