• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Do you regret being Wenger Out?

Do you regret wanting Wenger Out in 2018?

• Total voters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This thread has opened old wounds again. But it’s no different to the Wenger threads of old.

-Wenger was declining for years
-No he wasn’t, it‘s a results based business, show us the numbers
- Er . . . Er . . 2016 to 2018 he dropped out of the top 4
- But the campaign to remove him was already in full swing by then
- Yeah, because he was making no progress. :lol:

The bottom line here is that the fans were outraged, not because Wenger was declining, he wasn’t, but because they were bored of continual top 4. Liverpool and Sp**s had shiny new managers in Klopp and Poch and they all predicted they’d pass him. So when Wenger beat them both in 2015/16, they got as mad as hell and used the excuses of ‘no progress‘ and he ‘lost to Leicester ffs’ to make his decline happen by their own hands. And it was a nasty but very effective campaign, as we all saw.

That’s the truth of it.

IstraBalagina

This thread has opened old wounds again. But it’s no different to the Wenger threads of old.

-Wenger was declining for years
-No he wasn’t, it‘s a results based business, show us the numbers
- Er . . . Er . . 2016 to 2018 he dropped out of the top 4
- But the campaign to remove him was already in full swing by then
- Yeah, because he was making no progress. :lol:

The bottom line here is that the fans were outraged, not because Wenger was declining but because they were bored of continual top 4. Liverpool and Sp**s had shiny new managers in Klopp and Poch and they all predicted they’d pass him. So when Wenger beat them both in 2015/16, they got as mad as hell and used the excuses of ‘no progress‘ and he ‘lost to Leicester ffs’ to make his decline happen by their own hands. And it was a nasty but very effective campaign, as we all saw.

That’s the truth of it.
You probably believe that Wenger will live forever

ggunner12345

It was time for wenger to leave in 2018. Currently I think he has lost the plot with his plan of world cup every 2 years which I don't think will happen.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
The fact that we've struggled post Wenger doesn't mean it was the wrong decision to part ways with him. We obviously needed to move on in order to achieve more, because it was evident for years that we hit a ceiling that we couldn't seem to breach. The club's poor management and decision making is to blame for our current woes, which has little to nothing to do with Wenger.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Want to start by saying wanting Wenger to leave towards the end of the reign doesn’t mean you hate him and want him to die like some would suggest.

This is the reason why I wanted Wenger to leave though. What we are seeing right now.

We were a dinosaur of a club in terms of the way we operated from top to down. This wasn’t gonna change if the personnel didn’t, everything became way too cosy and comfortable at this club.

MATHEO

This is 100% on you.
Where we are, financially, culturally.
What we can do. Who we are, our values.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
This. We wouldnt be nowhere near here without Arsène and its poetic that his sons Edu Arteta Mertesacker Wilshere Ljunberg ... etc are running the club now!

Also one thing I want to point out is that, even though Arteta is heavily influenced by Peps positional play, You can clearly see elements of fluidity associated with Arsenes teams. Its a sweet marriage between the two.

The question posed is a bit tricky, Wenger was declining for different reasons, failing to achieve top 4 for two seasons in a row isn't acceptable for a club like this, and I understand if people thought he deserved to leave. But I was never Wenger out simply because I love the man, but also because of what he did in 20 years prior to his recent seasons gives him credit to go on, I honestly believe that if Wenger had stayed we could've had a title by now especially with the amount of spending Emery and Arteta were afforded. It would've been nice to see Arsène benefiting from the financial situation that he built and he saved the club through that.

Buhry

Established Member

Loved Wenger in many ways but it was time to go, comparing this team to the post 2006 wenger teams there are so many things wrong with them. Consistent failure to show up in the big top 4 games (always expected them to screw up somehow), prone to getting physically bullied, weak on set pieces, generally extremely injury prone (training methods?), worse team spirit. Yes some good attacking football but with some really frustrating aspects to it. Compared to his old great teams who were stronger and more physical.

Think it's one of those were the game evolved and Wenger didn't evolve with it enough, or maybe signed the wrong players. Obviously tight budget didn't help though. But it was time to move on.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Love the man and all he did. Everything we achieve from this moment and going forward will be partly because of him.

That said, the game changes. You have to change with it or get left behind. I don't regret wanting him gone.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Never wanted Arsène to leave. Anyways thanks for bringing Mikel to the club and starting his coaching career at Arsenal by letting him work with the youth! 😍

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom