• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin86

Established Member
They decided to buy Pepe at a BBQ :lol: The alcohol must have been flowing because Arsenal paying £72m still seems so un Arsenal. Good to know they will step up when required though.

I personally haven't written Pepe off yet, he needs a run in the side, if he gets that and fails then I'll write him off.
I feel the same on Pepe, the other issue for him is so much of our attack is based on the left-hand side.

Szoboszlai - Aubameyang - Pepe

Seems like a nice balance with Szoboszlai being right-footed and Pepe being left-footed.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I feel the same on Pepe, the other issue for him is so much of our attack is based on the left-hand side.

Szoboszlai - Aubameyang - Pepe

Seems like a nice balance with Szoboszlai being right-footed and Pepe being left-footed.

Pepe and Auba are not players you want to build play through. You want both on the end of moves and Pepe isolated 1v1 in the box.

Building up down the left with Auba there means he is providing crosses for Willian currently. It makes sense to build down the left with Tierney and Saka.

Szoboszlai is the player you want to arrive in the final third so he can shoot. So someone like Aouar who can progress from deep in the left channel would be a better balance.

Saka-------Auba-------Pepe
-------Aouar------Szobozslai
--------------Partey

I would build for that with both full backs inverted alongside Partey.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
  • When Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang signed his new contract this summer, he received a congratulatory FaceTime call from Josh.
...oh boy, Auba must have been over the moon :lol:

Also this...
  • At no point during the Wenger reign did the ownership turn down a direct request for funds from the manager.
...the way this is worded, especially the use of the word "direct", makes me believe Arsène got screwed over by them in some way.
I'll never understand why Wenger just silently accepted a **** sandwich. People lay blame solely at the ownership (who I agree have really ****ed us in recent times), but shouldn't Wenger have spoken up about it?

He had such a high stock for over a decade here, considered an elite manager- even for some time after we moved to the Emirates. He could afford to speak publicly to put pressure on the board, he embodied Arsenal at the time and even if it led to him leaving he would have joined a Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern etc. He would have gone down as a hero here anyway.

I find it strange that he just stayed here for over a decade of clearly not being backed by the board, and not being given a squad to compete for the PL or CL. In fact, he would protect the board and protect the fact we didn't sign players. People talk about results but another one of the big reasons that caused me to be frustrated with Wenger was the fact that he gave extremely political answers and we never really got an inkling of the truth.

In my opinion it all went for on for too long. He should have pressured the board for better players or just left. When you look at it from Wenger's perspective it would have been better for his career anyway, he really did waste 10 years if you think about it.

Goonger

Pepe and Auba are not players you want to build play through. You want both on the end of moves and Pepe isolated 1v1 in the box.

Building up down the left with Auba there means he is providing crosses for Willian currently. It makes sense to build down the left with Tierney and Saka.

Szoboszlai is the player you want to arrive in the final third so he can shoot. So someone like Aouar who can progress from deep in the left channel would be a better balance.

Saka-------Auba-------Pepe
-------Aouar------Szobozslai
--------------Partey

I would build for that with both full backs inverted alongside Partey.

I've seen some folk say the likes of ESR, Willock etc will have to move on if we sign both Aouar & Szoboszlai, but if Arteta commits to a formation like you've shown, then Willock & ESR can swap in & out, as they'd be more suited to playing that system as well. It would be the likes of Xhaka & perhaps Ceballos who would then become more redundant, which might not be a bad thing going forward.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I've seen some folk say the likes of ESR, Willock etc will have to move on if we sign both Aouar & Szoboszlai, but 2if Arteta commits to a formation like you've shown, then Willock & ESR can swap in & out, as they'd be more suited to playing that system as well. It would be the likes of Xhaka & perhaps Ceballos who would the become more redundant, which might not wbe a bad thing going forward.
While I prefer the 433. There is a part of me that thinks Arteta prefers a double pivot to a single one. When he first came in he set up in a 4231 with Xhaka and Torreira at the base. If we do get Aouar and Szoboszlai. I could see Aouar being deployed at the base alongside Partey similar to how Cellabos works with Xhaka. Szoboszlai will be at 10.
So it will look like this:
Szoboszlai
Aouar-Partey.
If that’s the case Arteta won’t be so quick to get rid of Xhaka and Cellabos and one of ESR and Willock will probably be moved on for funds. However, ESR does have history as a wide player so maybe he’ll go back out wide. Who knows

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't know how many repetitions of the rumour-comp-potential formation-hype-disappointment cycle you guys need until you stop caring, but i've reached my quota. One player isn't gonna change Arsenal. We're at the mercy of the universe, and the universe says it still isn't our time to come in from the cold.

He's gonna score a lot of long-range goals in his career though, I been saying this for a while. Mark my words, he'll take Hungary to a major tournament one day and score a winning free-kick against France or Germany or someone.

Goonger

At least this lad looks like he knows what a football is, unlike some of our other players today!

Dammit

Hungarians praying he doesn't come here, our first hopefully generational talent since Puskas and Kocsis. Hopefully he goes to Leipzig and then end up at Munich.

RunTheTrap

I hope we sign him. I hope in general we go back to these type of relatively cheap youngsters. Much easier for the player to live up to a £25 million price tag than a £72 million one.
Martinelli, Szoboszlai, Tierney, Gabriel and Guendouzi. Those are some good signings I'm talking about

RunTheTrap

Hungarians praying he doesn't come here, our first hopefully generational talent since Puskas and Kocsis. Hopefully he goes to Leipzig and then end up at Munich.
Can I ask? What happened to Hungary as a footballing nation? I am aware of the Revolution but since then i can't name any big Hungarian footballers. They were one of the best in the early 20th century and they haven't really produced any big names in decades. Even Uruguay have Cavani and Suarez. I feel like Szoboszlai is the first resurgent talent in years.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Can I ask? What happened to Hungary as a footballing nation? I am aware of the Revolution but since then i can't name any big Hungarian footballers. They were one of the best in the early 20th century and they haven't really produced any big names in decades. Even Uruguay have Cavani and Suarez. I feel like Szoboszlai is the first resurgent talent in years.

Money, investment and communism. Clubs were swimming in debt and run badly, government cut budgets on sport which had a knock on effect and a lot of infrastructure is just out dated and poor.

The domestic league cant compete with the European leagues and any half decent talent coming through will jump to another league often to early and end up on the bench at other clubs.

It also doesnt help that some clubs just have vile fans, you know the types, the ones that plague a lot of Eastern European clubs and players coming up dont want to deal with it anymore.

Similar issues hit Poland, Romania, Czech etc.

Also, dont want to be the downer BUT Szoboszlai; he is 19, hes good and has very exciting potential but this thread, especially in the last two weeks with our qualification has gone a bit crazy with his hype, again the potential is there but some of the talk is like he is peak De Bruyne level, need to calm down a little he is still developing and his next club is very important for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom