• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Drogba is World Class

gangess

He is incredibly skilled for a big man, I fancy more and more the sight of him in an arsenal jersey. Now that would be a team, not that we aren't already!!!

MightyArsenal

I bet he would be in the french team right now...but he plays for the ivory coast who look quite a team..afterall the have Kolo toure in defense and drogba in attack. They also have a few other very usefull players and could do something in the nextworld cup.

goonerlove

I also rate Drogba very highly... he is a very skilled player who is also very strong and is a natural goal-scorer...

I doubt Wenger will go for him, but I would be thrilled to have him at Arsenal.

Goonerlove

JazzG

Established Member
Running a newcastle defense does not make one world class.

He is however a good player though.

patrick42uk

Established Member
scores again very good player, not world class but he's scored a hatful in europe in both the cl and uefa cup. marsaille have drogba while monaco have moreintes, the key to their success in europe

A

Anonymous

patrick42uk said:
scores again very good player, not world class but he's scored a hatful in europe in both the cl and uefa cup. marsaille have drogba while monaco have moreintes, the key to their success in europe

Would love either at Arsenal. One of those two would complete our squad, along with maybe a right winger.

A

Anonymous

the commentator say "I want to see his passport,to see if he is henrys brother"

patrick42uk

Established Member
he'a a bit of a late bloomer, already 26 and marsaille is the biggest club he's played for although we were linked to him before he moved there. 11 goals in the uefa cup and a goal against every oposition in europe, thats quality. its strange but i think he is out of our price range. whoever signs him will have to pay a minimum of 10 million which i cant se us doing considering Arsène sees reyes and henry as the future partnership, and he will be on the bench.

KingReyes

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
he'a a bit of a late bloomer, already 26 and marsaille is the biggest club he's played for although we were linked to him before he moved there. 11 goals in the uefa cup and a goal against every oposition in europe, thats quality. its strange but i think he is out of our price range. whoever signs him will have to pay a minimum of 10 million which i cant se us doing considering Arsène sees reyes and henry as the future partnership, and he will be on the bench.

Late boomer at 26? You reach your peak at 28. Don;t forget Drogba never had decent players around him and thats why he is standing out now. If he moves on to an even bigger club which I would prefer it to be Arsenal he could imprve even more. Can't say he's world class at this stage.

GlasgowGooner

i wasnt basing it on tonights game btw, i have watched Marseille a lot this season and Drogba has always stood out he seems to have everything.

KingReyes

Established Member
GlasgowGooner said:
i wasnt basing it on tonights game btw, i have watched Marseille a lot this season and Drogba has always stood out he seems to have everything.

Yeh I know what you mean. He stands out from the rest of his teamates and thats what makes him look so good. He should try to move to a bigger club with bigger players around him and see if he can make the step.

brianfrance

Established Member
I've seen near 25 matches with Drogba this season.
I'm impressed always by Him. What a striker !! In his second goal tonight, nothing to do great, but in his first !!! WHat a goal !!!! Drogba IS world class, as Morientes is. Definitely one of my best player who I want to see at Arsenal.

GlasgowGooner

brianfrance said:
I've seen near 25 matches with Drogba this season.
I'm impressed always by Him. What a striker !! In his second goal tonight, nothing to do great, but in his first !!! WHat a goal !!!! Drogba IS world class, as Morientes is. Definitely one of my best player who I want to see at Arsenal.

thought his technique on the second goal was great, how many times do you see a player put it high and wide from that sort of pass bobbling along the ground? His first goal was great though, nearly scored a Bergkamp vs Newcastle goal also but it didnt come off for him.

brianfrance

Established Member
Yeah but his technique and powerful was so impressive on the first, the second for me is usual Drogba's goal :D
And never forget one thing about today's match.
Marseille played with 7 Defensive players and Marlet did nothing.
Barthez
Ferreira-Beye-Hemdani-Meité-Dos Santos
Flamini-N'Diaye
Meriem
Marlet-Drogba

By the way, are you impressed by Meité ? I love him, one of the best CB in the French league.

Adam

Established Member
Tall, elegant touch, long limbs with good pace (not truly outstanding speed), and composure in front of goal. He would be great in taking goal emphasis off Thierry, but we have Jose now and we are a year too late in signing Drogba. If there was any chance, it was while he was at Guingamp. The price i am afraid ladies and gents, is now too high.

Adam

Established Member
I am impressed with the Senegalese Habib Beye BrianFrance. To go with his pace - he can tackle (seeya later Alan Shearer!) and he is composed with the ball. Against Inter he really stuck out for me.

brianfrance

Established Member
Adam said:
Tall, elegant touch, long limbs with good pace (not truly outstanding speed), and composure in front of goal. He would be great in taking goal emphasis off Thierry, but we have Jose now and we are a year too late in signing Drogba. If there was any chance, it was while he was at Guingamp. The price i am afraid ladies and gents, is now too high.
Yeah toooo high now, and not for sale this season I think.
From Guimgamp ? Arsenal already bought Christopher Wreh from, not really good signing :D :wink: Maybe Arsenal's fan weren't so happy to see him this season :D

brianfrance

Established Member
Adam said:
I am impressed with the Senegalese Habib Beye BrianFrance. To go with his pace - he can tackle (seeya later Alan Shearer!) and he is composed with the ball. Against Inter he really stuck out for me.
MMMhh, Beye, a good player yeah. But Meité is just come from inferior level, and he is only 23. Seems to have many more in his game. Never impressed, by Shearer, Ameobi, or before by Recoba, Owen, in France by Pauleta etc.. Never let them played. He's a "from the ghetto" player, a gladiator. I rate him very very highly and you can be sure to see him in an European great club very soon.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom