• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EC: Arsenal vs Real Madrid | 03/08/08

Lancelot

Established Member
Re: Emirates Cup: Arsenal v Real Madrid | 03-08-08 16:15

:lol:

Bang on, Ricky. That was one exhilarating game of football.

Rohit

Established Member

Senderos had a very good game, won most of the headers he contested. He has had a very good game and a half.

dos1986

Established Member

USArsenal said:
dos1986 said:
2 matches and the only goal we scored was a penalty.A few of the youngsters look better, but we say that every year.Things look far from brillant imo, Diaby should have been sent off and looks nothing.
do you ever say anything positive about anything, ever? i havent seen you post a positive post in 4 months...

Ricky and Wenger knows " Patrick " have enough for ous all.

Its hard to be positive when weaknesses are not being fixed and old ones are repeating

OneProudGooner

Established Member

How many games have Madrid played so far in their pre season?
We looked sharper as we should be with the Champions League qualifier looming, Madrid fans shouldn't read into this game too much as their season doesn't start till the end of the month.

stuart

Established Member

If we sign a quality central midfielder i swear i'll not be able to contain my excitement for next season. I just pray that injuries dont screw us over cos if we can stay fit we're capable of winning anything

arsmile

Established Member

i'm too excited about the season now- the squad really is coming together and for the first time we are genuinely looking like we have options in positions...it's down to wenger to use them wisely now- particulalry intersted to see what he does when rocicky coems back cos both walcott and nasri look to want those spots, in the past wenger has been hesitant to rotate- and i think clever rotations could be key next season

almunia-5.5- had nothign to do....

sagna-8- the best right back in the history of the universe

gallas-7.5- did everything well

senderos-7- did most things well

clich-8-the best left back in the history of the universe

walcott-7- some great moments, decsion making is a flaw of his though, should come with experience i suppose

diaby-4.5- too sloppy, takes stupid risks in areas of the pitch that no CM with half a brain would take, let alone a defensive partener to cesc. on top of that he cant even nearly tacke- god knows how many injuries he will cause over the course of his career...i dont dislike him and there is a role for him at the club- he does add a bit of directness and positivity with his runnign on the ball, useful, say to change the type of game we play 60 minutes into a match- too much of a liability though..

denilson-9- 2 games in 2 days with no slip in quality, hard work until the final whistle- smart defending and almost 100% passing- with great variation between short and long- personally i think with his consistant showings in preseason wenger would be mad to play any other member of our squad alongside cesc come the start of the season proper

nasri-7.5- for the first time truely showed what he is about- reminds me of rosicky a bit in that posistion, a great asset

vanpersie-8- good to see him have a proper match and played well throughout- it completely changes out approach when he is on the pitch- won the penalty as well

ade- 8.5- call me fickle, but yesterday he wasnt good enough for the club, and today he is the best striker in the world...linked with robin fantastically and there was such a massive noticable difference with his first touch, nearly scored a great goal- took the penalty excelently- missed soem great chances aswell- i think we do suffer if we put him on the end of every move cos of some seriously inconsistant finishing, but i suppose it is down to the rest of the squad to show they can consistantly come up with the goods also, so we arnt inclined to use him in that way

ramsey-6- very solid
eboue-5.5- leave off him, he's cool
vela-6- does look liek he could play an important roel this season
bendtner-4- diddnt do anything today
wilshere-7.5- soem great work, and not just the fancy stuff either- the technique, athleticism and inteligence of a truely great great footballer....it is difficult not to get caried away
djourou-10

nb- first clean sheet- nice to know we can get one if we try

Kain

Established Member

Denilson has done himself no harm in this tourny, i hope we dont play Cesc to death again this comming season and when he needs a break, Denilson should be more than ready to step in.

Ade was a beast, yea we are all dissapointed by the off the field contract antics but today he looked lean, sharp and ready for the comming season, and is deffinatly having the air of a player that on his day is unplayable.

Real madrids season starts a few weeks after the EPL so it was expected for them to be slightly sluggish but my God they were really below par not a single stand out performance from them.

Now im hoping Wenger puts out a near full first team in one of the Amsterdam tournament games, another week of training and it could be good, and finally....a clean sheet! had to happen sooner or later :D

dutchMasta

ACL problem, really hope he gets better, pretty reckless tackle from Diaby, would've been just fine without his other leg sweeping in for a scissor tackle.

Some great stuff today, gives me a bit more confidence, but I still think we need 1 or 2 extra experienced bodies, even if we're missing Toure, Rossa and Fabregas.

Some good stuff from Ade today, our fullbacks yet again were immense, and Walcott is really developing well. Tidy from Denilson as usual, and a good game from Nasri too. Wilshere impresses yet again, and good to see Senderos having a good game, but of course, will be skeptical as always unless he gets some consistency going.

thegame24

Established Member

You lot are clueless if you dont think we need another creative winger.

We played to unfit teams and couldnt get a goal.

Yes we are still dominating and thats good but we are gonna be saying the same old ****, probably only be able to score 1 goal against big teams but conceding 2.

Rohit

Established Member

mags said:
Any news on Wesley's condition?

The commentators said the word from the Madrid camp is that he may have damaged his knee ligaments which if true would be very unfortunate.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Diaby didn't really do much wrong in the tackle with Wesley. He won the ball, but Sneijder fell awkwardly. I am glad in these 2 games, Diaby showed that he could tackle quite decently and play in the central of the park competently. Denilson showed some improvement as well. Even Diaby laziness is gone as today he kept running all around. Passing wise they need to improve though.

Walcott show that he will play a big part in our season. Very dangerous in our 2 matches. And Gibbs is quite talented!

KingReyes

Established Member

Good performance especially some very good promising individual performances showing potential from the likes of Theo, Nasri and Wilshere. Ade is improving by the game, physically Madrid couldn't handle him at times.

Thought we did really well to win the ball back early, can't believe Denilson played two full games in a row and played well in both.

We just need to improve the end product in the final third. We could kill games off as early as the first half if we can improve that part of our game.

True Gooner

Established Member

Denilson was a freakin' beast! Two games in the space of 24 hours and his performances were brilliant, if he keeps that up Im sure he'll be alongside Cesc next season.
The overall performance was brilliant too, Adebayor looks even better than last year and caused the Real defense all kinds of problems. RvP still looks as classy as ever - but I cant help but get worried everytime he falls over. Theres no telling how he'll get injured next. Diaby was solid - didnt do anything out of this world but kept the moves going unlike Eboue. I thought Nasri was very positive today, I think he was involved in most of our best moves and kept things simple but he still managed to ooze class - given time he could be one of the signings of the summer.
Sagna and Clichy have gotten even better, they are so hard to contain when they bomb forward and the Gallas-Senderos combination looked safe.

As for our subs - Wilshere is out of this world, hes got so much talent its not funny, a friend of mine was watching Wilshere play for the first time and he was stunned to hear that hes only 16. The quiet confidence and mentality reminds me of Fabregas. Ramsey looked decent off the bench as well, it would be safe to say that Ramsey and Diaby can playing in the middle to rotate with Cesc and Denilson against the weaker teams. Our options off the bench looked mighty impressive today - Bendtner, Vela, Eboue (ahem) and Ramsey certainly look like they've added quality to our depth.

And all this was without Fabregas, Rosicky, Eduardo, Toure and Song.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Was a good game today and happy we won, but in this tournament we have lacked goals. I hope out strikers will improve in the final third....I don't know maybe it is because we didn't have Fabregas making the passes.

illmatik

Established Member

According to Marca, Sneijder is out for 6 months, feel bad for him, reckless tackle from abou yet again

Lancelot

Established Member

Jesus Christ, that was horrible. The best of wishes for his speedy recovery.

Rohit

Established Member

I really don't think there was much in the tackle he just seemed to land awkwardly, same like Pires

phenn

I feel bad for Sneijder, awful challenge from Diaby. How that wasn't even a foul is beyond me.

As for our team... we had a few chances, with Fabregas in the side we will be a lot better. Diaby was very bad in my opinion, especially in the first half. Our fullbacks are class though Clichy got beaten more than usual, still very good. Madrid looked quite bad honestly, they have a longer time to go before it's for real of course.

Nasri looks like he's actually quite strong on the ball, as opposed to Hleb. Theo had a much better game than usual, hopefully he's progressing. Robin and Ade looked wonderful together.

Things look decent, though our problem last season wasn't in competing with big teams, we can always do that with the way we play. It's in beating the teams we're supposed to beat comfortably and not taking draws/bad losses. Who knows how that will turn out.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom