• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This loan is sounding a lot like the Nelson loan where he played well at the beginning until the goals dry up and he doesn’t get a chance again all season. If he doesn’t start in current form, how does he play when he isn’t on form?

I hope I’m proven wrong.
Don Raul should maybe pay Bielsa a visit.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If he's not impressing in training at a championship club, then it doesn't look great for him.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Starting to get worried now. Was sure he was going to start games like this with Leeds playing their second game in four days, losing at the weekend and Bamford without a goal for a long time.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If he's not impressing in training at a championship club, then it doesn't look great for him.
Not sure I can agree with that. I think he was brought to provide some cover, not for benching their first striker choice.
I've said it before, he could've got more minutes with us than playing as a cover for the local donkey

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not sure I can agree with that. I think he was brought to provide some cover, not for benching their first striker choice.
I've said it before, he could've got more minutes with us than playing as a cover for the local donkey
If he's all he's being cracked up to be, he should be better than all their options. And if that's the case, unless Beisla likes putting out weakened sides, I don't see why he shouldn't be playing. Maybe they're going for the slow introduction, but either way, their aim must be to play him and for him to score the goals that make him undroppable. What's the point of the loan otherwise?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

F*cking Bielsa, I’m glad Leeds are going to bottle it yet again.

His season’s going to go up in smoke yet again because he’s dying on the Bamford hill.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
If he's all he's being cracked up to be, he should be better than all their options. And if that's the case, unless Beisla likes putting out weakened sides, I don't see why he shouldn't be playing. Maybe they're going for the slow introduction, but either way, their aim must be to play him and for him to score the goals that make him undroppable. What's the point of the loan otherwise?
Bamford is a good holdup player. Helps them keep possession. Tbf that's one area of the game where Eddie is untested and really one of the big reasons why he was sent on loan. Because we know he can score goals all day long. It's whether he has the presence to lead the frontline

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Eddie is a decent prospect, but not good enough technically to be starting striker for Arsenal FC. It's been pretty evident with him since I watched him play for the youth teams. He improved his quickness and has a very good mentality, but I just don't think it's going to be enough.

zilfy

Hopefully the leeds fans will get angry about it the longer bamford goes on without scoring.That should out some pressure on bielsa to make the change.

Is bamford possibly better than nketiah? If so it's a terrible loan- he needed to go somewhere he could start week in week out

Keplaz

I watched the Charlton Leeds game on Saturday. I watch quite a few Charlton games and Eddie came on at half time.

Leeds were chasing a goal, so they played two upfront for the whole second half. Eddie looked dangerous, and he's a threat on the break. He nearly scored but the ball was deflected out.

Bamford is bigger than Eddie. He's slower and I wasn't impressed with his movement. Until he kicked one of Charlton's players and got booked, you forgot he was on the pitch. But he is a presence and allows the smaller wingers to cut inside and play off him.

Eddie isn't that kind of striker. He's more of a threat on the break or to apply the finishing touch. But Leeds lack a playmaker from what I saw, and they don't play to Eddie's strengths. He is a better player than Bamford but not for how Bielsa has set them up.

The Leeds fans want Eddie to start and are getting frustrated with Bamford not scoring but still starting ahead of Nketiah. There's nothing more he can do to start.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
We need to be more selective with loans and choose a Club where our Players are needed. Going into this season it was very clear that Bamford will be the main man at Leeds and unlikely to Change.

I know Fortuna Dusseldorf in Germany were heavily linked as well, this was a Team who sold their two highest scorers at the start of the summer. They usually Play 2 up top and Nketiah would immediately be first choice. Hindsight makes things easier but ist an area for the Club to improve.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Eddie is a decent prospect, but not good enough technically to be starting striker for Arsenal FC. It's been pretty evident with him since I watched him play for the youth teams. He improved his quickness and has a very good mentality, but I just don't think it's going to be enough.
Complete BS and I question if you even saw him playing. His ability in the box with the ball is one of his biggest strengths.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Still early season... might just take a while to gain Bielsas trust. Much better to start slower & kick on back end rather than Nelson last year. The worst thing is to return to us super rusty.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Should be sold in the Summer for 8.25m, Martinelli is miles better and with Auba and Laca bossing there's only room for one more striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom