• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Auba is still starting on the left it‘a got to be Eddie through the middle against City.
I think so too, but don't think that will happen.

Arteta will likely go for experience

nick gould

I think so too, but don't think that will happen.

Arteta will likely go for experience
I doubt it. Arteta has showed a lot of faith in Eddie. He had him start a central striker ahead of the fans favourites Aubameyang and Martinell. Ahead of an more experienced Lacazette. For me the sample size is still too small to know what type of player he is going to be. But one thing for sure he is a better backup striker than what we have had in the past, Welbeck, Chamak and Yaya Sanogo.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I doubt it. Arteta has showed a lot of faith in Eddie. He had him start a central striker ahead of the fans favourites Aubameyang and Martinell. Ahead of an more experienced Lacazette. For me the sample size is still too small to know what type of player he is going to be. But one thing for sure he is a better backup striker than what we have had in the past, Welbeck, Chamak and Yaya Sanogo.
He didn't Start Eddie in any of our big games

nick gould

He didn't Start Eddie in any of our big games
He started in 3 of our last 4 premier league games. Against Everton, Newcastle and West ham. He came as sub against Burnley. Are you saying of those 4, Burnley was our only Big game?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He started in 3 of our last 4 premier league games. Against Everton, Newcastle and West ham. He came as sub against Burnley. Are you saying of those 4, Burnley was our only Big game?
He didn't start any of Chelsea United and Olympiakos.

None of those games you mentioned are big games

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Are they similar in playing style? I know the boy is deceptively strong. But he doesn't strike me as very quick. I have never seen him score from outside the 18 area yet.
Eddie is very quick, especially over short spaces. It's one of those things that people for some reason haven't picked up on but he can leave defenders for dead and I've seen him do it a lot.

He doesn't score many from outside the box but that's mainly because he often doesn't shoot from that far out. He has scored a few outside the box and come close with other attempts. There's a couple in this vid from a few years back.

EDIT:

Wanted to add another older video from the following season that shows more of his all-round play so you can see what type of striker he is. The idea that he's just a poacher is false and I've been saying this for the longest - there's far more to his game than just goals, but at this stage of his career, it is a good thing for him to also be getting goals and relying on his goalscoring instincts while he builds up the rest of his game in top flight football. So far, he has improved in his ball-retention and ability to link up with surrounding attackers, and he's a capable dribbler aswell. I think Nketiah has been perpetually underrated throughout his fledgeling career, in terms of his ability, potential and even style of play, but I'm firm in my belief that he will continue to prove many wrong.

Last edited:

nick gould

Eddie is very quick, especially over short spaces. It's one of those things that people for some reason haven't picked up on but he can leave defenders for dead and I've seen him do it a lot.

He doesn't score many from outside the box but that's mainly because he often doesn't shoot from that far out. He has scored a few outside the box and come close with other attempts. There's a couple in this vid from a few years back.

EDIT:

Wanted to add another older video from the following season that shows more of his all-round play so you can see what type of striker he is. The idea that he's just a poacher is false and I've been saying this for the longest - there's far more to his game than just goals, but at this stage of his career, it is a good thing for him to also be getting goals and relying on his goalscoring instincts while he builds up the rest of his game in top flight football. So far, he has improved in his ball-retention and ability to link up with surrounding attackers, and he's a capable dribbler aswell. I think Nketiah has been perpetually underrated throughout his fledgeling career, in terms of his ability, potential and even style of play, but I'm firm in my belief that he will continue to prove many wrong.

Quite informative. I have noticed his hold up play is decent for one so young and not as big. Stylistically, who is he close to?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Nketiah playing style is similar to Jermaine Defoe - but I think he is much quicker.

nick gould

Nketiah playing style is similar to Jermaine Defoe - but I think he is much quicker.
Jermain Defoe was a very clean striker of the ball and he did not score many headers. Nketiah doesn't pack a powerful shot. Jermaine Defoe had zero hold up play, but we have seen that Nketiah is quite capable in that regard. Jermaine rarely passed when anywhere near the 18 area.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Quite informative. I have noticed his hold up play is decent for one so young and not as big. Stylistically, who is he close to?
Tough to say personally. When I first saw him, a more stripped down Eto'o came to mind. Don't think Defoe is too far off - Nketiah definitely has that selfish streak that Defore was famed for, but I think his gameplay is more self-effacing than Defoe and he does a lot of very good work outside the box. Both similar finishers though, capable of striking powerfully as well as deftly at their most confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom