<

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. aevi

aevi Hale End FC Moderator

The man scores goals, it's that simple.

2. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

You're from East Africa?

3. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I've said it so many times, he has the knack for right place at the right time. You cant teach that, he's a natural scorer!

4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

My family had a business there. My mom and dad were born there, I was born there.

5. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

Whiplash from how long it took to say yes :lol:

On your question: We probably have it worse in East Africa. How we treat Albinos is something I am not proud of.

6. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Reckon he'll be starting soon enough...

7. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

Leeds picked trash like Bamford over Eddie.

These teams ffs.

8. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Winning us a games now!

Troopz likes this.
  9. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

He's scored consistently at every level in his career. No doubt he's a menace off the bench but I'm still not sure about him starting games though. Tough call for Mikel again, both his strikers scored tonight.

10. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

In fairness, as ****e as Bamford was in front of goal last season, his team play is extremely good these days. He's reinvented himself quite well. And it's not like he hasn't been scoring for Leeds already this season!

Eddie definitely had work to do on his all-round game at a higher level, which I feel he has been doing and it will continue to improve. I'm just glad he bagged today - it's good for his confidence and maybe he will start to calm down a little in shooting situations. He's a really smart finisher and he needs to display that more often.

Troopz likes this.
  11. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

He can be Sylvan Wiltord here. Don't think he has enough technical skill or athleticism to lead the line. Happy that he scored a match winner. Also good when academy players reward the manager by making a difference.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  12. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Happy for Eddie tonight, put in a great shift in the Shield win without the personal reward, then the scrap with Dani last week must have been awkward...big goal from him!

Such an underrated player for me, just like Ray Parlour.

13. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Good goal. Don't think Lacazette scores that. Really not sure why we played Lacazette in his "occupy the CBs" role with a team playing like West Ham

Needed more dynamism

14. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Prime Wiltord and Parlour are bonafide starters in this team.

As for Eddie, although a simple tap in I like how he checked his run and stayed on side. Was great that it was Ceballos that tee’d him up also after last week’s handbags.

Gooner1988TK and Riou like this.
  15. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

16. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Great movement from Eddie. Striker scores in chance created shocker. We don't provide enough chances for our strikers.

DJ_Markstar and Pyres7 like this.
  17. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Even then they had Torres and Villa FFS :lol:

18. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

Nketiah for now is definately a better player when he comes off the bench & brings in his youth & enthusiasm, he gets us a late winner so many times. I clearly don't understand the offside rules in England though, someone explain to me how he was onside? I clearly saw he was offside with the last pass by Ceballos & thought "Dang, he's offside" but it was given & never mentioned as being offside.

19. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

The ball was played forward but Nketiah was behind Ceballos when the ball was played

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  20. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

Interesting, I always thought they had to be behind the last passer of the ball though.