<

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Pyres7

Pyres7 Active Member

They have to be in line with or behind the last passer. Looked close but Eddie was definitely behind Ceballos.

2. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

I meant behind the last defender when the final ball was played haha, I'll have to have a look at the offside PL laws. He looked a tad in front of the final defender unless just my eyes playing up & he was behind the defender.

3. Pyres7

Pyres7 Active Member

Nah as long as you're behind the passer you're still onside. Defenders only matter for forward passes.

4. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Guys you have to behind the ball right not the passer

5. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Toiled his way to a goal, thought he had a pretty bright game despite having little to work with.

6. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Liked the goal from him tonight, we need fighters like that.

Mitch likes this.
  7. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Felt he worked really hard all game long. He missed a chance with that sweet Saka cross during the first half, but put his head down and continued to press and almost scored a worldy if not for Morgan.

Really hope he gets to 10-15 goals this season with us, think that’s an attainable goal and one that would put him as a regular on the team, even if it is mostly coming from games like this or sub appearances.

Raicore, Mitch and MutableEarth like this.
  8. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

:D

Thought you were willing to sell?

9. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

You get that Cristiano Ronaldo-esque* sense with Eddie that he's not happy until he's scored. That's a great attitude! His goal at the end is the result of his determination and industry.

*For the avoidance of doubt, this is not intended to be a comparison on ability, only attitude.

Trilly, DanDare, Macho and 2 others like this.
  10. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

How much?

11. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Will be 40-50m within 2 years

12. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

If you think Eddie is a good player, he will score goals.

If you think Eddie isn't a good player, he will score goals.

Bottom line...lad just scores goals!

El Duderino likes this.
  13. AberGooner

AberGooner Well-Known Member

Quite fitting he scores on the anniversary of signing Wrighty. No pressure Eddie!

Riou, Mitch and El Duderino like this.
  14. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I love this guy's engine, workrate, effective pressing and desire.

Eddie is going to prove to be a very effective impact sub sub to have.

15. Erlis

Erlis Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

He does have something Ronadoesque in fact. I have noticed that when I saw him play his first games.

16. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He was FUMING at that Fuchs own goal :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

The fact the likes of him, Auba and Laca are all scoring despite our lack of a true playmaker encourages me. We’re close to being something special.

Impact and GDeep™ like this.
  18. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

I saw that :lol:

I also liked how pleased with himself he was when he scored that scrappy AF goal - he didn’t give a sh*t. I like it when I see that in a player, he defo puts pressure on himself.

19. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

That Ronaldo mindset is what separates the Harry Kane's from the Lacazette's. And no, I'm not actually bashing Lacazette this time but remember that time when Kane swore on his own daughter's life that he scored a goal. Elite mentality. I want my striker to be as desperate as goals like that. I want a killer in front of goal. I don't want my striker dancing with the guy who scores more goals than you. That's the mindset I get from Eddie. Real Marlo Stanfield sh$t. Remember when he scored his first professional goal against Norwich and pushed Joe away when he celebrated. As if to say "This is MY moment", I'm afraid he's going to the top and there's nothing you can do to stop him.

20. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

My drilla, we only celebrate goals when I've scored them.

BigPoppaPump and Ibadan like this.