• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

We're losing Balogun because Nketiah is getting all the minutes. Nketiah is 18 months on contract as well and he desperately needs a loan. Either we resign him and send him out or he leaves. Either way, we need a clear plan here as we're ****ing about with our assets.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thinking Nketiah needs a loan. No confidence whatsoever , and he needs to improve several facets of his game before he can have a decent career. He needs to play under less pressure, frankly, and our current state is anything but.
He needed a loan back in January, where he was gonna play consistent football. Leeds wasn't a bad shout but the lack of appearances did no good for him. Most of these guys aren't getting enough football and then we (myself included) end up crying for them to be in the 1st team because our seniors suck so much. I feel a bit for Nketiah because he hasn't been able to play to his strengths but even when he's had the opportunity to do so, he's lacked so much composure and snatched at so many very decent opportunities when all he needed was a bit more focus.

I think we'll get a decent £20m for him, there's still a player in there but he's way too raw right now and I don't think we can afford to accommodate him - as much as it pains me to say.

I hope we don't make the same mistakes with the upcoming youngsters that we have with this lot.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He needed a loan back in January, where he was gonna play consistent football. Leeds wasn't a bad shout but the lack of appearances did no good for him. Most of these guys aren't getting enough football and then we (myself included) end up crying for them to be in the 1st team because our seniors suck so much. I feel a bit for Nketiah because he hasn't been able to play to his strengths but even when he's had the opportunity to do so, he's lacked so much composure and snatched at so many very decent opportunities when all he needed was a bit more focus.

I think we'll get a decent £20m for him, there's still a player in there but he's way too raw right now and I don't think we can afford to accommodate him - as much as it pains me to say.

I hope we don't make the same mistakes with the upcoming youngsters that we have with this lot.

I just don't believe Nketiah has the talent to make it here. From that group, Willock, Smith-Rowe and Nketiah just don't look that talented.

I know a lot of people like Smith-Rowe, but even when I watched him in the academy, he never looked like the next big thing.

He was technical and had very good shot on him, especially from set-pieces, but never got that level of excitement like I did with Chris Willock, Saka and Nelson.

Joe Willock has some decent physical attributes, but it looks like he lost a bit of technique with his growth spurt.

He still looks like bambi on ice out there. He is the one that prob needed a year long loan to truly see his level.

I think the next group with Azeez, Balogun, John-Jules, Patino, Matt Smith and even Coyle all have more natural ability than Nketiah, Smith-Rowe and Joe Willock.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Eddie isn't the answer, it isn't working. He needs to take his chances when he gets them and he isn't. He can't expect to start regularly if he is not influencing games when he plays. I'd start marketing him from January. Anything over £5 million would be a bonus. Maybe he can have a career at a club with lower aspirations but he isnlt going to make it here.

The honest thing is to tell him as much and shift him.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I always thought that Bristol City loan was the thing, granted I care nothing for Leeds. He seems to be a player that would be more happy with a two up front set up. Playing him as a lone central striker seems a bit of a waste to me.

There is certainly a player there, he could use a loan perhaps...but these days things are so fluid at Arsenal that who knows...

sdotzdot

Established Member
Once again right about one of the youngsters.

Clear as day from the beginning he is a turd of a footballer. People need to stop clinging onto these kids performances with the U23s/18s. Once they step it up you see if they will sink or swim, and it’s been very obvious him (and also willock) will never make it here, or probably at any PL club. More game time we spend on them is just a waste of time.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Stop making excuses for them. I desperately wanted Nketiah to do well, but he failed miserably because he is gash. Have to admit you’re wrong sometimes and cut your losses.
He didn’t start at Leeds because he wasn’t good enough, and that was in the championship.

He’s had chances in the big time and failed. Move him on.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

But how do we judge his performances?

Laca tailed off after the starting 5-6 games, Auba has 1 goal all season.

Considering what the others are doing, I'd say he has been good actually.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He’s not Arsenal quality but that doesn’t mean we have to rubbish the entire academy. A small fraction of them will make it here and most will be sold on. Eddie is the latter. That’s fine. It is what it is.

I have a soft spot for Eddie cos he’s Ghanaian like me and I’ll back him wherever he goes but I can’t shake this feeling that Arsenal fans will somehow blame him for Balogun leaving. Some people disliked Iwobi and the Ox because of how class Gnabry went on to be. Eddie is not at fault here. Us losing Balogun is 200% on the Arsenal hierarchy. I just don’t want things to be toxic for him cos he’s not Balogun or Martinelli.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Nobody looks good in this football team. I wish Arteta started Balogun so we can see him do nothing too.

Getting mad at a 21 year old with limited football is pathetic. People wanted to see the awful seniors dropped and wanted to see younger players in their place, well we got it. This is what it looks like.

Get Lacazette in his place, more complaints
Put Auba in his place, more complaints

The penny hasn’t dropped for a lot of people.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nobody looks good in this football team. I wish Arteta started Balogun so we can see him do nothing too.

Getting mad at a 21 year old with limited football is pathetic. People wanted to see the awful seniors dropped and wanted to see younger players in their place, well we got it. This is what it looks like.

Get Lacazette in his place, more complaints
Put Auba in his place, more complaints

The penny hasn’t dropped for a lot of people.
The simple fact is laca is better than nketiah. Playing a worse younger player than better older player has never made a team better. This is why it never makes sense when team is performing bad people scream play the youngsters. I’m not saying laca is great by any means. But no one can make the argument why nketiah is better striker than laca right now

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The simple fact is laca is better than nketiah. Playing a worse younger player than better older player has never made a team better. This is why it never makes sense when team is performing bad people scream play the youngsters. I’m not saying laca is great by any means. But no one can make the argument why nketiah is better striker than laca right now
Lacazette should have never have been dropped in the first place, he was the only one scoring.

The fans and media willed him out of the team and this is what we’re left with - it was impossible for Arteta to pick him people were foaming at the mouth of the sight of him.

Seeing Nketiah floundering and Aubameyang anonymous, it’s deserved - people should just take it on the chin.

Arteta should start Balogun and Martinelli up there too just so people can see how deep the problems are.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Needs a Championship loan. He isn't a bad striker, but this situation is too big for him.
He’s spared the fanbase of Lacazette starts. You’d think his haters would be a bit more grateful to young Eddie.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I really hate the Hale End hype, most of them aren't even that good. We should try sell a few and see if we can make like 50/60 million.
That's the case with every academy, most won't be good enough. We've already banked 30M on Iwobi, 10M on Bielik, have the potential to take another 20-25 on AMN, probably 10-20 on Nketiah and there is still Saka, ESR, Nelson, Willock, Balogun, Azeez and some others coming through...
The huge success of the academy is undeniable, it's so profitable that I can't believe we are still getting free agents like Willian and playing guys like Elneny.

It should be Partey type of transfers with a combination of academy products from now on, no more free agents and cr*p old seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom