• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu - back from holiday?

kel varnsen

Established Member
is he and will he play against everton? or will cesc continue to deputize... or maybe flamini will be ready, if arsenal and marseille come to an agreement.

imbak

Edu will be back after the Everton game, and I think Flamini will most probably be able to play by then aswell.

siddharth

imbak said:
Edu will be back after the Everton game, and I think Flamini will most probably be able to play by then aswell.

The question was who would play in the midfield with gilberto in the everton game and not the next game after everton. :D

Split

Cesc for everton game.

Wenger must be very pissed off aboutt the Edu situation, but I wonder if he's vexed with Edu himself or just brazil? what d'ya reckon?

A

Anonymous

In an ideal world Edu's plane will be delayed untill mid may.

A

Anonymous

Split said:
Sol said:
In an ideal world Edu's plane will be delayed untill mid may.

you don't rate edu then??

Obviously I said that tongue in cheek, but no I dont rate him, and never have.

I know a lot of people love him on here but ive never been convinced by the guy since I saw him stroll onto the pitch at Leicester and stroll off 5 minutes later never to be seen again for a year.

Split

Well I think you'll be seeing a lot of him this year and I think & hope he will prove you wrong

A

Anonymous

Split said:
Well I think you'll be seeing a lot of him this year and I think & hope he will prove you wrong

I hope he does aswell mate, but I cant see it :wink:

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You seriously need a bit more faith in your players mate. I suppose you don't like Gilberto as well?

A

Anonymous

*Loyan* said:
You seriously need a bit more faith in your players mate. I suppose you don't like Gilberto as well?

No, I have always said he is an excellent player.

I dont know how old you are, but when you have been watching Arsenal for nearly 20 years you come across players that you just dont rate. Other people may think he is a world beater, but you just cant see it. That is what makes football so great, its all about opinions. I thought Perry Groves was a class player, but people thought I was mad!

kel varnsen

Established Member
Sol said:
*Loyan* said:

I dont know how old you are, but when you have been watching Arsenal for nearly 20 years you come across players that you just dont rate. Other people may think he is a world beater, but you just cant see it. That is what makes football so great, its all about opinions. I thought Perry Groves was a class player, but people thought I was mad!

OMG! you do not rate edu, but u thought perry groves was class?
i'm glad wenger sees things differentaly...

A

Anonymous

kel varnsen said:
Sol said:
*Loyan* said:

I dont really think Wenger does think different.

I remember last season or the season before Edu playing quite well for three or four games when Pat and Parlour were out. Parlour returned and Edu was dropped.

Same happened last season. Edu has his little purple patch, Gilberto returned and Edu was dropped.

Doesnt really say much for Wengers confidence in him does it?

kel varnsen

Established Member
Sol said:
kel varnsen said:
Sol said:
*Loyan* said:

I dont really think Wenger does think different.

I remember last season or the season before Edu playing quite well for three or four games when Pat and Parlour were out. Parlour returned and Edu was dropped.

Same happened last season. Edu has his little purple patch, Gilberto returned and Edu was dropped.

Doesnt really say much for Wengers confidence in him does it?

whatever dude; i see i can't reason with you. edu is great; if you can't see that, too bad. your loss...

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sol said:
*Loyan* said:

I'm 17 mate. Fair enough, I'm just saying that I like him. You have your opinion. I said Gilberto as an exa,ple, and I think he's one hell of a player and does a great job for us. But most people seem to disagree, so Iwanted to kow if you liked him or not.

JazzG

Established Member
Sol has never rated Edu but one thing about Sol is if he is wrong he will be the first to admit it.

Edu is a decent player but for me he is too inconsistant, for every good game he has, he has 2 average ones. Last season he got into some form and took Gilberto's place but soon after we bought Gilberto back because he starting playing poorly again.

Mark

Established Member
Not another Edu/Gilberto debate. Let me put it this way, we are lucky to have both of them in our squad. Sometimes it will be Gilberto starting, sometimes Edu, but whoever starts we will have a quality midfield and they both give us something different.

Adam

Established Member
Gilberto has stepped up his performance. I believe this is in response to Edu's threat on his club and international place. That's healthy competition.

Nobody would Gilberto his starting place at this minute, even if Edu is an individually more talented player as a CM.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom