• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss EFL Cup 4th Round: West Ham United 3 - 1 Arsenal | Wednesday 1st November | KO: 19:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenalwestham.jpg

Prediction

West Ham 0-1 Arsenal

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Would be typical Arsenal to play him in the Mickey Mouse cup and get him injured.

Surely Ramsdale starts here? I’d say Jorginho, Havertz, Trossard as well.
You think Tets dont want to win this? Think some will be suprised.

Black Noir

Would start both Zinchenko and Tomiyasu. Take Tomiyasu off around the 60th minute mark. Since i prefer Tomiyasu starting the Newcastle game.

NZgunner

I hate these third tier competitions. They are only worthwhile if you aren't seriously challenging for anything else, and you've got a lot of non-starters who need some game time.

Tom Mix

Can't Cedric play? We really have very little on the bench to rotate the defence with Tierney gone and Timber out for the season. I wish he'd blood that Reuell kid. Kiwior to start for Saliba this time. What happened to Nwaneri and playing a couple of academy kids in the league cup?

Jorginho and Elneny central midfield surely? Nelson, ESR, Vieira and Trossard to start. Until it's clear how long Jesus will be out for need to be a bit more careful with Eddie, wouldn't play him all game.

If we get to the semis we can treat this seriously but even with the weakened field I can easily see the refs gifting this to Liverpool if they play us.

Gunner Matt

Can't Cedric play? We really have very little on the bench to rotate the defence with Tierney gone and Timber out for the season. I wish he'd blood that Reuell kid. Kiwior to start for Saliba this time. What happened to Nwaneri and playing a couple of academy kids in the league cup?

Jorginho and Elneny central midfield surely? Nelson, ESR, Vieira and Trossard to start. Until it's clear how long Jesus will be out for need to be a bit more careful with Eddie, wouldn't play him all game.

If we get to the semis we can treat this seriously but even with the weakened field I can easily see the refs gifting this to Liverpool if they play us.
I agree, but also think West Ham are going to put a pretty strong side out so it’s a real tough one. With the clubs that are already out and either United or Newcastle going out this round we have a great chance of winning the competition.

Although I want to rest players for Newcastle Saturday, so I’m real torn on this one 😩😂

Resting Rice, White and Saka has got to be key for me but know what you mean about the defence. Agree with you though, not Cedric, he’s not terrible and with good players next to him I think we could make it through against them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

If we want to lose then yes. But no he shouldn't be anywhere on pitch he finished as footballer think white will start RB

Bucephalus

I feel ridiculous even saying this. But should we be risking Eddie before we know the full extent of the Jesus injury? The prospect of Kai or Trossard leading the line in a night-time league game at St. James's Park seems . . . not good. Maybe give one of them the chance to audition for the role in a low risk cup game first?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Nwaneri is still injured from since the last tie. Lewis-Skelly however is back. I doubt any defenders get blooded. Cozier-Duberry should be the one who makes his debut but that is pretty doubtful. I think it'll be a strong lineup tbh.

Tnegs

I’ve always liked the league cup although I’ve never actually seen us lift one. Managers like Mourinho and Pep seem to think it’s worth winning so I wouldn’t thumb my nose at it. Great chance for the fringe players to do something.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Key aim should be to winning this trophy and taking all cup competition games seriously.

We're more likely to see Rice paired with Jorginho against Newcastle. Since United game, Rice has not played as a lone 6 against top oppositions in the premier league due to Havertz being garbage in midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Our squad is in better shape than we played against Brentford we'll go with stronger line up imo. We can field front 6 of Jorginho Elneny ESR Nelson Trossard Kai or Eddie and leaving our key players like Saka Ødegaard Rice and Martinelli on bench or home. The only issue is defensively we kinda short so one or tow of usual starters have to play.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Ramsdale

Walter Tomiyasu kiwior Zinchenko
Jorginho el neny
Nelson vieira esr
Havertz

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Our squad is in better shape than we played against Brentford we'll go with stronger line up imo. We can field front 6 of Jorginho Elneny ESR Nelson Trossard Kai or Eddie and leaving our key players like Saka Ødegaard Rice and Martinelli on bench or home. The only issue is defensively we kinda short so one or tow of usual starters have to play.
gun-to-head-nodding.gif

Get Vieira in there for Nelson or Trossard and get really bullied

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
gun-to-head-nodding.gif

Get Vieira in there for Nelson or Trossard and get really bullied
Really we have no choice Jorginho Elneny and ESR midfield give us some balance. Either ESR or Vieira start in midfield not both because we'll be too lightweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom