• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

didn’t he get a trust the process tattoo or something while riding the bench.

Same guy A-M was killing us for not rating right? TrillSmokeyy really stay up on the scoreboards.

😂

People might not like to hear this but he’s a bonafide simp. How is he letting Martinelli violate him like this after failing to tear through Castagne smh

40m a generous offer back then.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I like a fit ESR and I hope he stays fit and gets minutes here. Let's wait until the summer before we act as Arteta's contract runs out next year with the internet rumour mill hinting that there's no rush to renew his contract....

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One thing I'd say is that the previous language Arteta used with ESR was never positive. The language he is using now is very positive.

Got to consider he had a big op to fix an injury he had for a long time. The groin isn't a joke. It's a hard place to heal and regain flexibility.

Then he came back and got another injury to his knee. The camp probably did him a world of good. A mini pre season.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
How do you know what his game is like no one has seen him get even a half run of games in years. The only evidence we have ESR is cr.p is Mik. Mik is the worst manager i have ever seen at rating players
Just when I have watched him he has not looked tuned in enough defensively. I don't just look at players on the ball & running forward.
Maybe I'm being overly harsh & it's something that he can learn? I agree he has suffered horribly with injuries. Let's hope they are behind him and he can contribute🤞

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

One thing I'd say is that the previous language Arteta used with ESR was never positive. The language he is using now is very positive.

Got to consider he had a big op to fix an injury he had for a long time. The groin isn't a joke. It's a hard place to heal and regain flexibility.

Then he came back and got another injury to his knee. The camp probably did him a world of good. A mini pre season.
Unfortunately, the injuries are a large part of his career so far. There is a player there. He played a big part in Huddersfield staying up when he was on loan.

You get the feeling that he might be better off moving on now, to restart his career. I'm not convinced he'll get the opportunities here. I'd love to be wrong though.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Just when I have watched him he has not looked tuned in enough defensively. I don't just look at players on the ball & running forward.
Maybe I'm being overly harsh & it's something that he can learn? I agree he has suffered horribly with injuries. Let's hope they are behind him and he can contribute🤞
After years of not being used you can’t expect in a few minutes for him to all of sudden be in form. Mik ruined him, like many others

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
You look at Elanga and Palmer leaving big clubs for regular game time and both are younger than Nelson and Smith-Rowe who are happy riding the bench.

Surely ESR should be looking at his fellow u21 Euro winning team mates such as Palmer and Gibbs-White playing regular minutes, does he have no shame?

What about Nelson, how many years has it been since he's had a premier league start, 2020?

As @2Smokeyy said, no sympathy for these fellas.
I’ll never understand players who “fight for their place”. It seldom leads to a win for the player, and especially if it’s a coach as stubborn as Mikel.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

He was cooking in the Euro U21s during the summer though and looked in fine shape. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What are they supposed to do when the club will neither sell them nor play them?

There are ways to force the clubs hand but I think they’re all just content with their current situations.

All of them have a couple of years left on their deals, signed to 6 figure salaries, living in London and have bit part roles at club they grew up at. Reeks of comfort zone to me.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
😂

People might not like to hear this but he’s a bonafide simp. How is he letting Martinelli violate him like this after failing to tear through Castagne smh

40m a generous offer back then.
Remember when Villa offered £40M for him?

Most of us were laughing at Villa for not offering us at least £60M and they had just bought Buendia.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Remember when Villa offered £40M for him?

Most of us were laughing at Villa for not offering us at least £60M and they had just bought Buendia.

I remember that 😂 40m was good value for someone with a small sample size imo.

There’s a debate to be had that Joe Willock’s spell at Newcastle was more impressive than ESR’s 6 months of form and he went for 25m which I’ll admit I wasn’t too happy about. Didn’t Willock score against Sp**s, City and Liverpool with 8 PL goals in 14 apps? Very impressive.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I remember that 😂 40m was good value for someone with a small sample size imo.

There’s a debate to be had that Joe Willock’s spell at Newcastle was more impressive than ESR’s 6 months of form and he went for 25m which I’ll admit I wasn’t too happy about. Didn’t Willock score against Sp**s, City and Liverpool with 8 PL goals in 14 apps? Very impressive.
We should have kept Willock and ESR and fired Mik and Kai. At the time i was one of few who complained that Willock wasn’t give a chance either. Neither got a fair shake from Mik

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He was cooking in the Euro U21s during the summer though and looked in fine shape. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.
He wasn't cooking. That's the point really. A half fit Smith rowe is good enough for under 21 level. He's above that. It's too easy for him. He doesn't even need to try. Premier League is a whole other kettle of fish. If he doesn't feel right and he lacks confidence, his main ability of carrying the ball and riding tackles at pace is gone. His ability to take it on thr half turn and be Explosive isn't there and if he doesn't feel comfortable shooting and stretching, it means he sort of just pops the ball off and moved a bit. I've seen him sprint once and that was for the diving header.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He wasn't cooking. That's the point really. A half fit Smith rowe is good enough for under 21 level. He's above that. It's too easy for him. He doesn't even need to try. Premier League is a whole other kettle of fish. If he doesn't feel right and he lacks confidence, his main ability of carrying the ball and riding tackles at pace is gone. His ability to take it on thr half turn and be Explosive isn't there and if he doesn't feel comfortable shooting and stretching, it means he sort of just pops the ball off and moved a bit. I've seen him sprint once and that was for the diving header.

You’re describing both a half fit ESR and a fully fit Havertz. So why not give him a serious chance to play his way back to full fitness?

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom