• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Hold up. Why are we even considering selling Emi?

How much realistically are we going to spend on a replacement? Up to 10million?

just give him a juicy contract, probably end up saving money in the long run anyways.

Having 2 quality keeps isn’t a bad thing. No sell unless upwards of 30million

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

just give him a juicy contract, probably end up saving money in the long run anyways.

Because we want Aouar and Partey we can't get them unless selling Martinez bellerin and Torreira you have to sacrifice to get better

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal strategy.

Pay massive wages to bums.
Buy losers like Guendouzi and Torreira nobody wants.
Sell for cheap.
Tell fans there is no money to compete.

Vinai and Edu are doing a fantastic job so we can’t question them just like Raul was running everything legitimately.

I fear for Arteta if these bums continue to act this way.

Vinai and Edu are doing a fantastic job so we can’t question them just like Raul was running everything legitimately.

I fear for Arteta if these bums continue to act this way.

Arteta when he had to big up Mari and Soares earlier this year.

49fe93.jpg

roz

Fake News Merchant
Because we want Aouar and Partey we can't get them unless selling Martinez bellerin and Torreira you have to sacrifice to get better
Yeah, but then we have to sign a backup to Leno also. Even if its a loan its still a poor use of resources considering we’d have to buy a new guy next year anyways. Probably end up spunking 20 million on an Emi replacements over the next 3 years.

Not worth it for anything under 30 million.
Even if we did sell we’d still be looking in the gutter for spare change alongside Roma & Napoli

oh to be a goon

We're not selling our #1 keeper. End of. Lock this thread.

Clearly he isn't our number 1 then.
Emi has some qualities that I prefer over Leno (like sticky hands and coming for crosses), but there is always the fear that he has been in a bit of a purple patch and we know the level that Leno has proven to be at.

Let's play Aubamawang

Wasted 25 million euros? When we needed a starting goalkeeper.

Have you looked at the goalkeeper market in recent years?

Leno has ~300 top level league games, is not old for a keeper and just started for Germany.

He has performed on a solid level for a long long time.

He was a bargain.
If you read my post, I said waste money on a goalkeeper who flaps at crosses. Between Almunia, Fabianski and Szeszny, we've had enough of that. Being incapable of relieving pressure like that results in more shots against us, and makes our defence even more vulnerable.

So he may be a good shot stopper, but he wasn't the right fit because he amplifies one of our biggest weaknesses.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I wouldn’t even accept 30m. What keepers in the PL besides Alisson and Ederson would you swap him for? Schmeichel? Leicester would want 60m at least. Why are we such bums with valuation of our players.

The guy is just reaching his prime for a GK, is our longest serving player, our most in form player after Auba and now first choice for his country.

30m is derisory, let alone the fact he’s being made available for transfer.

Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
I wouldn’t even accept 30m. What keepers in the PL besides Alisson and Ederson would you swap him for? Schmeichel? Leicester would want 60m at least. Why are we such bums with valuation of our players.

The guy is just reaching his prime for a GK, is our longest serving player, our most in form player after Auba and now first choice for his country.

30m is derisory, let alone the fact he’s being made available for transfer.
Its as if the club value our players less than other clubs.

I just find it funny how we’d potentially sell him for 18 million or whatever and then spend the same amount replacing him with worse players that we then cant get rid off.

Emi deserves a decent contract, played out of his skin, longest serving player etc.
Sign him up and we don’t have to think about GK area for the next 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom