• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How hard is it to understand that if Martinez doesn't renew in some way, he is forcing the club to sell him.

Eh? He has two years left on his current deal. Do you not think if he waited this long to be first choice this season he won’t extend and choose to be here rather than Villa?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Its as if the club value our players less than other clubs.

I just find it funny how we’d potentially sell him for 18 million or whatever and then spend the same amount replacing him with worse players that we then cant get rid off.

Emi deserves a decent contract, played out of his skin, longest serving player etc.
Sign him up and we don’t have to think about GK area for the next 6 years.

Couldn’t agree more. Finding an imposing keeper who’s as good at commanding his area as he is with his feet is ****ing rare.

He’s still a **** but Maupay changed his destiny.

Iceman10

Established Member
Eh? He has two years left on his current deal. Do you not think if he waited this long to be first choice this season he won’t extend and choose to be here rather than Villa?

If Emi becomes a star at Arsenal I feel there is a good chance of him staying with us for a decade. I can’t really say the same about Leno if clubs such as Bayern jump in. So we sell Emi now, and possibly lose Leno within a season or two, then it is back to square one, albeit with some money, but that is no guarantee for making a perfect signing for a replacement.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We will see, but I'm pretty sure the club tries to extend him.

The club has much more to win in the extension than Martinez.

He has stated wanting to be clear #1 so it's more likely he is the problem if there is no extension.

Edit. Actually the above tweet is just about what I said. :lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
That’s something that’s brought up a lot as well. He wants to be no.1 and will want be paid like one. I doubt he’ll be accepting a £50k a week contract and the club probably don’t want to give him close to what Leno is on (you don’t want two keepers on £90k a week).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He seem afraid of losing his place.
Mini Vinny must have been given your mobile number by Raul before he got fired
I wish! But seriously starting to get tired of Emi every Arsenal fan wanted him gone before Leno got injured now he want everything

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Vinai getting out done financially by Villa ffs, wouldn't be happening on a certain Spaniard's watch...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Vinai getting out done financially by Villa ffs, wouldn't be happening on a certain Spaniard's watch...
Raul would have got 25m and told him he free to go. But seem we can't decide what we want to do at the moment

roz

Fake News Merchant
He seem afraid of losing his place.

I wish! But seriously starting to get tired of Emi every Arsenal fan wanted him gone before Leno got injured now he want everything
Does he? He’s 29 in a couple of weeks, possibly last chance at a really decent contract. I think we should give it to him. We’re only going to have to get a replacement in anyways.

Potentially we wouldn’t have to worry about our entire back line for years.

Would like to think the club are stalling because they (rightly) feel 16million isn’t enough. Villa just spent 26 on that Brentford guy, they can pay more but as usual teams know they can bully us in transfer negotiations now that Don Raul isn’t here

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
They need to make a decision and live with it, selling one of them and strengthening elsewhere is looking like the best option..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom