• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I think Liverpool and Chelsea are bad examples as Adrian was key in Liverpool's run as Alisson was out for a quite while at the start of the season and Caballero benched Kepa.

Adrian and Caballero are not great gk's though, you could easily get someone on that level for cheap.

Moah

Let's not kid ourselves, Emi maybe on top form now but he isn't some magical goal keeper, he played in the most defensively capable team we have seen at Arsenal in years. His purple patch coincided with our defensive improvement.

Some here are calling his Reading spell world class, ffs when has any player been labelled world class while playing in the second division.

I won't even make him our starting GK once Leno is fit. He capitalized on an injured player, not like Leno was too poor and got benched.

Lastly, Arteta has seen both play with their feet and doesn't mind selling him, so no need to portray Emi as the next Iniesta.

Iceman10

Established Member
Lastly, Arteta has seen both play with their feet and doesn't mind selling him, so no need to portray Emi as the next Iniesta.

We do not know this. Right now we are going off rumours, one of which actually says the club and player are in the rough and tumble of contract renewal negotiations.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We got some great fans. :facepalm:

Btw. According to Transfermarkt Leno has missed 15 games in his whole career and 11 of those were for Arsenal last season. That's why he has almost ~300 top level league games already.
300 games and he can't catch a ball coming from a cross, set piece or a corner. What a keeper!! Most aerial big league and you keep the one who scares of jumping in his box.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lets just be happy he gave us some good games and will earn us some tasty money we can invest into the midfield. See the positive side.

Probability wise its unlikely he replicates this long term, the sample size is too small.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We need to make decision we been very slow this summer about selling it look we afraid to let's guys who finished us 8th to leave.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

300 games and he can't catch a ball coming from a cross, set piece or a corner. What a keeper!! Most aerial big league and you keep the one who scares of jumping in his box.

Why do you laugh if Arsenal players get injured?

Iceman10

Established Member
We need to make decision we been very slow this summer about selling it look we afraid to let's guys who finished us 8th to leave.

tbh this.is ridiculous impatience. We can bring in Partey, Aouar, or someone else on transfer deadline day if we have to. Much better to play patient for a couple of weeks to see selling prices go upwards. We’re talking about quite a bit of money in terms of difference, not peanuts.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
tbh this.is ridiculous impatience. We can bring in Partey, Aouar, or someone else on transfer deadline day if we have to. Much better to play patient for a couple of weeks to see selling prices go upwards. We’re talking about quite a bit of money in terms of difference, not peanuts.
I know but leaving things won't always what if we couldn't agree with Partey and Aouar? Are wr going to panic buy again?

Iceman10

Established Member
I know but leaving things won't always what if we couldn't agree with Partey and Aouar? Are wr going to panic buy again?

Everything I’ve seen indicates Partey is happy to join Arsenal but is also being respectful regarding his current club. We know the release clause. If some other club comes in for him the situation changes, but that hasn’t happened yet. If we’re going for one of Aouar and Partey, which I think is the real situation right now, it is also more about us sitting tight to establish the true market value for Aouar.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Do you really think any player must be disloyal for not readily taking up early offers in contract negotiations? That would practically make all pros in the PL disloyal.
What's this loyal stuff? Thought you absolved yourself from being an agenda merchant?
One of the arguments people keep making for Martinez over Leno is that he's an "Arsenal man", yet he rejected the contract. So at least we can put that idea to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom