• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Cup - Arsenal Vs Atletico Madrid |01.08.09| 4.15pm

M+D

Established Member
Atletico Emirates Cup Squad:
GOALKEEPERS

• Asenjo.
• Roberto.
• De Gea.

DEFENDERS

• Antonio López.
• Heitinga.
• Ujfalusi.
• Perea.
• Álvaro Domínguez.
• Pablo Ibáñez.
• Juanito.
• Valera.
• Leandro Cabrera.

MIDFIELDERS

• Raúl García.
• Maxi Rodríguez.
• Paulo Assunção.
• Simão.
• Cléber Santana.
• Jurado.
• Reyes.
• Koke.
• Keko.

STRIKERS

• Agüero.
• Forlán.
• Sinama-Pongolle.
• Borja.
• Pacheco.

Looking forward to this game actually, hope Vermaelen and Gallas start together as they paired up well against Hannover and I'd like to see they will cope against a better attack like Atletico's. Would like to see the first choice back four + Almunia actually so we can judge them as a unit.

Hopefully see something of Theo and Gibbs in this game too.

otfgoon

Established Member
Reyes staying with Atletico then? What a waste of talent.

Where has Almunia been anyway, is he injured?

MAK 14

Established Member
I'm going to both days, and to be honest i'm looking forward to this game more. Should be a competitive game, i hope we can keep possession and also beat them quite convincingly. I'm really eager to see how the Vermaelen and Gallas partnership will work against the likes of Aguero and Forlan, it will be a nice way to judge how good of an understanding they've got. I hope Wenger plays this:

Almunia,
Sagna, Gallas, Verm, Clichy
Arsha, Fabregas, Song, Rosicky
Walcott, Eduardo/Van Persie

I'm hoping that Wenger goes with 4-4-2, but got a feeling he might play 4-3-3.

Proof

Established Member
I like the -1 point per goal- idea of the Emirates Cup. The game against Atletico it should be an interesting one, especially for the centre-back partnership. Rosicky is out for this game (maybe for the enitre cup). I would like to see Walcott and Bendtner playing up-front together.

My team for the first half:

-------------- Almunia ---------------
--- Sagna ---- Gallas ---- Vermaelen ---- Clichy -----
--- Walcott --- Song ----- Fabregas ----- Arshavin ---
---------------- Eduardo ------ Van Persie -----------

AFCG7

Established Member
Their squad looks stronger than ours in certain areas , especially their midfield options, and you cant argue against that front two.

Kain

Established Member
Forlan has been blistering for them despite Aguero who steals alot of the headlines, considering the goal per point setup & that neither team can defend this should be a top game.

Proof

Established Member
When there's something unclear about Rosicky's fitness, I prepare myself for the worst.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Merida+Denilson said:
proof_afc said:
Rosicky is out for this game (maybe for the enitre cup).

Not according to the man himself

Wenger also said Clichy and Rosicky will take part in the weekend after last nights game.
Good news, that. Maybe it's just me (well, me and TomasCR), but I'm very excited about Rosicky this season. That half he played against Barnet reminded me of how great a player he is. Some are suggesting that the image of him is a bit rose-tinted since he's been out so long but I think it's quite the opposite. People have forgotten just how good he really is.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Klaus Daimler said:
Good news, that. Maybe it's just me (well, me and TomasCR), but I'm very excited about Rosicky this season. That half he played against Barnet reminded me of how great a player he is. Some are suggesting that the image of him is a bit rose-tinted since he's been out so long but I think it's quite the opposite. People have forgotten just how good he really is.
QFT

Double_H

Established Member
i agree Klaus

Him and Arsha made some nice touches that game .

i do think we are stronger this year with more options

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Reyes even appears on arse.com homepage now.. :)

And he says, he doesn't regret leaving us. I guess that makes him have more balls than Hleb :D

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/reyes-this-arsenal-side-is-on-the-up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -on-the-up</a>

hoyden

Rosicky and Clichy will play in the Emirates Cup
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/rosicky-set-for-emirates-stadium-return" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ium-return</a>

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
albakos said:
Reyes even appears on arse.com homepage now.. :)

And he says, he doesn't regret leaving us. I guess that makes him have more balls than Hleb :D

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/reyes-this-arsenal-side-is-on-the-up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -on-the-up</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Very different situations though.

This was a guy who was genuinely sick of London and couldn't take it, so he pussied off back to his warm Spain. He'd rather fail in his career than to tolerate with his homesickness thats why he had no regrest

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Quite looking forward to this game. Atletico are a good attacking side who will test our defence and we are also a very capable attacking side. I hope Cesc, Rosicky, Arsh and Van persie all start.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ah, it seems like GolTV is showing the game tomorrow and it's a free preview..sweeeeet!!!

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom