• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Cup - Arsenal Vs Atletico Madrid |01.08.09| 4.15pm

Double_H

Established Member
Anzac said:
Back on topic.

So 2-1 with AA coming off the bench to score both.
Wilshere MOTM.

I take it we played 4321 with the central striker leading the line?
How was our general play - particularly when Cesc wasn't in the midfield?

first half it was Eboue,RvP and Bendy with Ramsey ( whom was great ) and Rosicky ( whom we missed ) all were great .

same with the 2nd half when Arshavin ,Edu and Jack with cesc and Fran

we are One DM short from a very strong Team and with the sell of big Phill we need a CB

overall its working well and i was impressed by Ramsey

Rohit

Established Member
Both Clichy and Sagna are extremely poor at crossing the ball in my opinion.

Percentage wise they barely ever clear the first defender in the box and for me that is extremely poor.

alboots101

Established Member
and do you know why that is.....most of them are failed wingers....and the reason they are failed wingers.....no end product....that adds up to a full back.

Galahad

Very boring game this, even Arsenal.com said so...only the last 10 minutes were interesting and I was so pissed to see yet another lead slip in under 2 minutes...And Arshavin really didnt do anything aside from his two goals...he should be a striker ^^

alboots101

Established Member
Arthur Wellesley said....

"they came on in the same old way and we saw them off in the same old way"

wellyboots says.....

"if we play the same old way, we will be beat the same old way"

Kilgallon

Same old, same old. Looks like we'll be playing the same football as last season.

Good to see Rosicky back. His dribbling is superb, love it. And he's looking strong.

Wilshere is a cheeky devil isn't he? Great skill and movement. Arshavin looks set to continue his end of season form, he needs to stay fit for us to achieve things this year.

Still, only a friendly eh? Lets not look too far into it.

asajoseph

Established Member
A_Gooner_Matata said:
Why's the stadium so empty :?

It wasn't too bad for the Arsenal game.

Rangers were given a pretty large area behind the south goal, both in the upper and lower tiers, and most of them cleared off by the time the Arsenal game was on.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Same old - high lines, weak centre, nervy at set-pieces and pretty toothless going forward for alot of the game. I know you can't read into it too much but we go to Everton in 13 days.

Thought Sagna and Wilshere played well. Jack makes things happen - just a pity he's not a bit older as we really need players like that out wide. Great to see Arsh score a couple aswell - that second was pure quality.

patrick42uk

Established Member
We have a problem still in that space in front of the back 4. It was just the second half when we had Merida, Cesc and Denilson so maybe that was the problem. The defence though reacted in the wrong way when the midfield line had been breached. One of the cbs has got to come out and press the ball rather than backing off encouraging a shot. Every attacking player worth their salt practices distance shots, especially with the way balls are. If you encourage shots from 20-25 yards, you get punished.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Atletico's goal looked offside by the way. Defence actually held a decent line there but as well that shows the risks with that strategy because even when you get it right you can be punished.

kel varnsen

Established Member
good to see rosicky back and i thought he was impressive, considering he's been out for 18 months. if he can stay healthy for most of next season, he'll be a massive boost for us. i'd love to see rosicky, nasri, arshavin and cesc all play at the same time. would be very interesting.

Shredder

Totally missed this game, but I just saw the highlights. That Arshavin guy is just too cheeky -- excellent goals. Very heartwarming, too, to see Eduardo on the pitch with a smile on his face.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
asajoseph said:
A_Gooner_Matata said:
Why's the stadium so empty :?

It wasn't too bad for the Arsenal game.

Rangers were given a pretty large area behind the south goal, both in the upper and lower tiers, and most of them cleared off by the time the Arsenal game was on.

Ah

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom