• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Arsenal v Birmingham | 16/10/10 | 15:00 | ATVO

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Life saving catch from Fabianski at the end there. Fair play to him, he was great today.

Great result. I was getting pretty nervous at the end there. United dropping points is always good news, as well.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Kroket said:
Thank **** Fabregas is back for City next week, we'd have no creativity at all. Wenger needs to sit down and have a word with Young Jack, this was bound to happen eventually.

We have enough creativity, with Song Fabregas Rosicky or Nasri in midfield. there will be no problem

viper_001

Established Member
My heart nearly stopped when the ref kept play going on and on. 2-1 --- I'll take that any day of the week. The red card was fair and at least we'll have Cesc back while Jack is out.

Also, Mancs drew at home to West Brom :lol: !!!!

MAK 14

Established Member
Don't give a s**t about the performance - the only thing that matters is the 3 points and the fact we've gained 2 points on United. Disappointed about Jack's red, but apart from that he was man of the match.

Hopefully Villa take points off Chelsea later.

Nela

Established Member
Completely deserved red fr Jack. I hope he learns his lesson.

He'll miis Man City, Newcastle and West Ham.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Bossa said:
Good that Cesc is back against City. Jack probably out for 3 EPL games.

Cesc was supposed to be back this week but didn't return. He still only has a chance for the game against Shaktar Donetsk next week so it's not really certain he'll back next weekend.

Zinc

Shame Wilshere wont pick up MOTM now, he ran the show yet again.

Deserved his red there, bad tackle, could have done real damage.

I think cesc wont be risked starting midweek now and Wilshere will play then miss ****ty, newcastle and west ham

Tony Montana

Established Member
viper_001 said:
My heart nearly stopped when the ref kept play going on and on. 2-1 --- I'll take that any day of the week. The red card was fair and at least we'll have Cesc back while Jack is out.

Also, Mancs drew at home to West Brom :lol: !!!!

Not that funny considering we lost at home.

Newcastle scored in the dying seconds to equalise against Wigan.

The premier league has been fantastic so far this season. Last season was excellent too.

Eirico

Puuh... Poor performance, but 3 points in the bag at least. Fabianski and Wilshere were great today. Arshavin simply shocking. Diaby does a lot of nice turns and moves, but simply refuses to take a shot. Very frustrating player.
Rosicky with a good substitute appearance, think he deserves to start instead of Nasri. Bendtner didn't do anything right when he came on. I know he has been out for a long time, and a lot of people have high hopes for him on here, but why does we have a striker in the club with such a poor first touch when our game is all about technique?

DK Gooner

Deserved red card for Jack and hopefully now that he has been punished for it straight-away he will learn to banish that kind of challenge from his repertoire.

Overall a reasonable performance considering that Birmingham have offered little away from home all season. We were comfortable in possession, but once again lacked the ability to fashion that into chances. Diaby was good up and till he had to make a telling pass when he then invariably slowed play down.

Good to see Bendtner back and someone who can provide a challenge to Chamakh for the role upfront.

Eboue was a bit lucky that his challenge wasn't given red. It was unnecessary given the area of the pitch compared to say where Jack committed his. Either ways poor decisions and executions by the two guys.

Fabianski has grown in confidence with each game of this current run. Hoprfully he can keep this form up and step up when the circumstances require, but at least something positive with regards to him for a change.

hujja

Established Member
Just about did the bare minimum to win.

Once again, we fail to properly kill the game off purely down to our refusal and inability to SHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTT!!!!!

Nela

Established Member
Just noticed that United drew against West Brom which means we stay ahead of them!

Just happy we won. Although I think Nasri, Eboue and Wilshere were stupid to show the moments of rashness that they did.

Gooner_Milton

Yeah red was deserved. Think Liam Brady mentioned Wilshere has that dark side to him. The tackle was probable in retaliation to Zigic elbowing him in the face earlier.

Hopefully missing 3 games will smarten him up.

Kinda funny to see 6'8 Zigic go down to the giant 5'7 Wilshere though. Easily more than a foot shorter considerably lighter. :p

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Top Bottom