• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Arsenal v Birmingham | 16/10/10 | 15:00 | ATVO

Eirico

Wilshere is already our 2nd best player after Cesc. We will miss him badly when he's suspended, particulary against City when we need something special in central midfield to open them up.

otfgoon

Established Member
Good win, don't really have many complaints about the goal we conceded, only real flaw was our lack of killer instinct up top.

United :lol:

giuliob

From press conference:

Said he had spoken to Wilshere afterwards and they agreed it was deserved red card.

asajoseph

Established Member
**** Birmingham, **** Zigic, and **** their scumbag fans. Couldn't care less if it does make us hypocrites, those ****bags were singing 'One Martin Taylor' today- gutted his leg wasn't broken.

Arsenal_FAN1983

I didn't watch the game, but I thought it was a revenge tackle, because I read a few mins before that Zigic caught Wilshere in the face and he needed treatment.

Gooner_Milton

He'll get smarter. Blatant retaliation like that does his team absolutely no good.

I doubt he'll ever lose that streak in him although his style will probably change.

Will probably take a page from the Scholes 'sneaky git school' as opposed to the 'Nigel De Jong/Karl Henry school of rugby'. :p

Danni

That would be rather weird if it were to be true, Giuliob. It isn't like Arsène to talk so openly about being "unhappy" with the way Chamakh went down. What we all need to do is accept that he won us a penalty, we won the game, and we got the three points. That's all that matters.

entropy13

Established Member
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
I didn't watch the game, but I thought it was a revenge tackle, because I read a few mins before that Zigic caught Wilshere in the face and he needed treatment.

Zigic barreled on to him when he already passed the ball. Instead of trying to avoid Jack, he even raised his left arm to hit him on his mouth.

Emma Lusa

AW said "I have no complaints. It looked a red card. He mis-timed the tackle - he didn't want to hurt the player - but he touched him, and it was a red card. Before that, I thought he was outstanding." just about all he could say I guess ....

squallkid

Established Member
Were they seriously singing 'one Martin Taylor'?

If so, Damn them all. I was watching the game but I can never pick up on crowd chants.

It makes me angry and sick to this day about that tackle.

I actually cried when I saw it. I got into a fight the very next day with a tosser who said that it was Eduardo's fault.

We should find all the ****s that were singing that and ban each and every 1 of them from EVER coming back to the Emirates!

That's where I would start.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Emma Lusa said:
JW will get hammered in the press and not sure how AW can protect him .... needs to cut that out double quick. Three points against a poor side we just about did enough ....
Normally, since he's English, there'd be no need for 'defending' and, in fact, the press would probably laud his grit as some missing element of something. Or blame that foreign giraffe for not getting out of the way quick enough. Or for being here at all.

We should all spare a thought for how Jack is feeling.

Gooner_Milton

Meh I'm not going to lose any sleep over Birmingham.

Rubbish team with rubbish fans.

They were lucky to punch above their weight last season, and I fully expect them to fight for survival to avoid the drop at the end of this.

There is light

I don't think it was a revenge tackle, wilshere goes down like that once in a while in nearly every match. But you could see the players were a bit temperamentally unstable, and you cannot blame them either from what we have seen in recent past, squillaci has lost his pace but he is still good at arranging things for set pieces, handled it well captain.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom