• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL| Arsenal v Everton, 8/12, 4pm, SS1

pikey2000

Not got much to say on this match really, would have been delighted to get the win and stretch that gap further but 1 point will do as I wasn't honestly expecting City and Chelsea to screw up this weekend so all in all its not that bad.

I did enjoy Flamini when he came on though - Just love the way he orders the team around, waving them up the pitch to press, ordering players into position and generally put himself about the pitch rambo stylee.

Can't help but think first half would have been a whole lot different with Flamini either in place of Arteta (who wasn't mobile enough to deal with the Everton attacks) or alongside him.

As far as I am concerned in the bigger games we should set up with a view of defensive stability and being hard to beat FIRST and if we need to add the copious amounts of flair on later in the game if we need to chase a goal.

amirkat

Established Member
pikey2000 said:
Not got much to say on this match really, would have been delighted to get the win and stretch that gap further but 1 point will do as I wasn't honestly expecting City and Chelsea to screw up this weekend so all in all its not that bad.

I did enjoy Flamini when he came on though - Just love the way he orders the team around, waving them up the pitch to press, ordering players into position and generally put himself about the pitch rambo stylee.

Can't help but think first half would have been a whole lot different with Flamini either in place of Arteta (who wasn't mobile enough to deal with the Everton attacks) or alongside him.

As far as I am concerned in the bigger games we should set up with a view of defensive stability and being hard to beat FIRST and if we need to add the copious amounts of flair on later in the game if we need to chase a goal.

We definitely should do this vs Chelsea; we already did it vs Spuds at Home and it worked a treat. Our counter attacking play that day was immense. Not sure about City, we can take them on from the off I think. But then we may be fatigued by the Napoli game.

arshy9

Established Member
Because the ball is in both Man City and Chelsea's court,we can expect 2 very open games.I think Walcott and Podolski can help us a bit in
finishing off chances and speed in counter attacks.We'll have to soak a lot of pressure in those games though.

I think the match against City in Finland last summer gave us an idea of how Pellegrini will set out or how the game will be like.

So far,I expect us to win every game,our next 2 matches included.

We could be 8 points clear going into the break.Despite our next 2 opponents' midfield,I expect us to dominate in the middle of the park.
I hope AW prepares the players well for this 2 defining games.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Let be honest we should not be happy with a draw specially with City and Chelsea coming up this 2 points extra would have been a great point.

VAVAVOOM 14

arshy9 said:
Because the ball is in both Man City and Chelsea's court,we can expect 2 very open games.I think Walcott and Podolski can help us a bit in
finishing off chances and speed in counter attacks.We'll have to soak a lot of pressure in those games though.

I think the match against City in Finland last summer gave us an idea of how Pellegrini will set out or how the game will be like.

So far,I expect us to win every game,our next 2 matches included.

We could be 8 points clear going into the break.Despite our next 2 opponents' midfield,I expect us to dominate in the middle of the park.
I hope AW prepares the players well for this 2 defining games.

Podolski's not available for the City game, still short of match fitness.

Inthe blood

Established Member
The strongest defensive showing at the emirates so far in the PL and we should have still come away 3 points. Good performance imo, strong defensive display especially from our CBs.

Could really have done with keeping Ramsey on the bench for this one, he looked off his game all night and a little reminiscent of the Man U game. He may be an all action midfielder with bags of stamina but that doesn't mean we run him into the ground.

MaestroCesc

If Ramsey is so tired like everyone is saying, then why did he play against Hull? The word tired is overused, if someone has a bad game people will say he is tired.

I agree he has played alot of games this season, but if he was as tired as everyone is making him out to be, he wouldn't have played v Hull.

After City we have a 9 day break before Chelsea, which should put our players in good condition for the Christmas period.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watching the highlights again Arteta was unbelievably poor for their goal, yet it was Gibbs getting all the blame.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Penn_ said:
Watching the highlights again Arteta was unbelievably poor for their goal, yet it was Gibbs getting all the blame.

Yep he had poor game he nearly cost us at the end when he give the ball away to Lukaku.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Arteta has looked really shaky to me for a long time now. I'm not confident when he has the ball at his feet anymore.

MaestroCesc

juice man said:
Arteta has looked really shaky to me for a long time now. I'm not confident when he has the ball at his feet anymore.
That's a completely knee jerk reaction, he has been superb recently...

Inthe blood

Established Member
Penn_ said:

Poor game overall but Barkley initially got past Flamini and should have been brought down by either player, even at the expense of a yellow. No one individual should be made the scape goat for the goal we conceded.

It would have been good to have the one substitution in hand, we would have brought on Monreal to shore up the left hand side from which we conceded.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
ModelGooner said:
If ever there was a time to take advantage, this would be it.

If we win this we are in a good position for you know what.

Ohh ooohhhhh, let me guess. Utkatasana?

VAVAVOOM 14

Wouldn't mind Barkley here, he's like Wilshere with physicality: size, strength, and he's quick.

Been much better than Jack this season, be interesting to see how he continues to develop.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Penn_ said:

Not from me mate, I was watching the game back today and shouting at the screen whenever Arteta had the ball, seemingly. He was pretty awful in all honesty.

Cindurin

MaestroCesc said:
juice man said:
That's a completely knee jerk reaction, he has been superb recently...

I've said it before, he's not as good as he used to be. A few good games followed by a few horrible ones. He's way too up and down in his game recently.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Don't agree at all, against a pacey midfield with the ability to stretch us he'll struggle. Not really a matter of form to blame for yesterday imo.

yuvken

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
yuvken said:
DJ_Markstar said:
He'll be fine, we'll beat Everton 2-0 with goals from Özil and Koscielny.
That's it? :eek: Give us the full match report!

*How did Jenks do?

Jenks scored all four goals in a 3-0 win.
Thanx, mate. I won't be able to watch this, as I'm off to cross the Atlantic in that big shining boat that can't sink.

yuvken

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
Koscielny Amazing Performance against Everton
Thanx sif - if you find another one, please post, as I really want to have a look (this one was cancelled). From memory it was a huge game from the boss (and I've already said my outrageous piece about him).

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom