• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL| Arsenal v Everton, 8/12, 4pm, SS1

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This result still hurts me. It's as if we lost. Fuming.

This, to me, was one of those games you get over the course of a season that are defining, This was the first of a few big steps towards winning the title, to me, and we stumbled.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The Jury said:
This result still hurts me. It's as if we lost. Fuming.

This, to me, was one of those games you get over the course of a season that are defining, This was the first of a few big steps towards winning the title, to me, and we stumbled.

Imagine if Giroud's shot went in. Huge because of the greater points gap, the lift for the squad and the lift to Giroud's confidence. Gutted.

eye4goal

Established Member
I thought Jenkinson was solid defensively, but he has to go on the overlap more. Özil was holding the ball for ages here waiting for him to advance and he just stood and watched. Gibbs has to take the initiative more too and start performing like a senior player especially when Sagna is not playing

infineon

Established Member
eye4goal said:
I thought Jenkinson was solid defensively, but he has to go on the overlap more. Özil was holding the ball for ages here waiting for him to advance and he just stood and watched. Gibbs has to take the initiative more too and start performing like a senior player especially when Sagna is not playing

He's young, fair enough that he is playing it cautious probably and trying to minimise the mistakes that he has made recently.

eye4goal

Established Member
Its his style I feel. He tends to play like a 3rd CB, that's why Monreal is more needed now with Sagna out

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Defending is only half the job of a full back, needs to have more confidence in himself his crosses always seems better than Gibbs.

Anyone have the gif of where Scz through to Theo instead of just holding onto it, was bizarre considering we were winning at that point. Game needed slowing down really should of hung onto so we could collect ourselves.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only if that Giroud's shot went in...

Gibbs should have been more determined in closing down Deulofue. Maybe Kieron was a bit worried about conceding a foul in the box, but he should have done better with his stronger side. Btw that striker from Deulofeu was very good. Quick back-lifting and good striking technique, leaving Gibbs and Chezcney little time to react.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I don't think it was an individual error, we just got stretched all over the place. First Barkley running through our midfield, then Oviedo put in a great delivery. Neither Kos or Mertesacker cleared it as they kept very tight with Lukaku. Then Deulofeu had an incredibly quick dribble and got a hell of an angle on his shot. A very good team goal really.

The goal wouldn't have happened if we took Barkley out, if Jenki was super tight to Oviedo and blocked his cross, if Kos/Mertesacker headed the cross away, if Gibbs was a bit tighter to Deulofeu although Gibbs could then have given away a pen. Maybe post-goal disorganisation but they really went for it so props on their part.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Penn_ said:
Anyone have the gif of where Scz through to Theo instead of just holding onto it,

:lol: I clearly remember that. Theo had someone right in font of him too, and it immediately put him under pressure. I liked the idea, and the fact that Woj was alert to it, but that wasn't the right pass. I had no problem with the idea though. There's never a bad time for a quick throw counter, as long as it's the right pass.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
I don't think it was an individual error, we just got stretched all over the place. First Barkley running through our midfield, then Oviedo put in a great delivery. Neither Kos or Mertesacker cleared it as they kept very tight with Lukaku. Then Deulofeu had an incredibly quick dribble and got a hell of an angle on his shot. A very good team goal really.

The goal wouldn't have happened if we took Barkley out, if Jenki was super tight to Oviedo and blocked his cross, if Kos/Mertesacker headed the cross away, if Gibbs was a bit tighter to Deulofeu although Gibbs could then have given away a pen. Maybe post-goal disorganisation but they really went for it so props on their part.
Just one thing though, it wasn't Jenkinson who was responsible to block Oviedo

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Jury said:
Rain Dance said:
Just one thing though, it wasn't Jenkinson who was responsible to block Oviedo

Wait...is Jenks your new ultra subject? :wink:

Nope, its just I think Jenk wasn't the one blocking Oviedo.

826449523.gif

Jenko was in no man's land next to Per I think

JayTV05

Still gutted we couldn't see this one out, I can't really get my head around Evertons goal, I'm not sure how he really got the shot away and it went past everyone.

The Sleeper

JayTV05 said:
Still gutted we couldn't see this one out, I can't really get my head around Evertons goal, I'm not sure how he really got the shot away and it went past everyone.

We gave him just enough space to take a shot, and the lad had enough belief to take it, and the skill to pull it off. I guess it's because none of our players would try that, as the manager or their team-mates would have a go at them for shooting in so little space. It's not "Arsenal", and that is our downfall at times. We don't mix it up as much as other teams and try different things.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
MaestroCesc said:
Anyone know why Mertesacker was captain for this match, forgot to post this after the game.

He wasn't, Arteta got sent off and gave him the armband.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom