• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Swansea - 2/3/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Hi all,

Its been a number of years since i last posted here. Glad to see some familiar names still around.

I've followed the forum even though i haven't posted, but after the events of the last week i really had to express myself somewhere

Its upsetting to see the state of things, I've looked up to Arsène Wenger as a role model for such a long time, and I hate the way it looks like things are going to end for him and Arsenal. Hes the greatest manager we've ever had, and an inspirational person, it makes me sad the camera cuts to him on the touchline now days, watching him stand there in exasperation as his players let him time after time.

The way our season has imploded this past week is inexcusable, and to throw away the title in the way we have given the weakness of our competition this season is infuriating.

Unfortunately I think its time for a change now this summer, though i think realistically we wont see a change until his contract expires next summer.

Lets hope that Walcott has also left by then. I dont claim to be a technical expert, but i'd love it if someone could explain how he managed to find himself at one of the biggest football teams in the world. Sure, hes fast, but there are many other players out there who are only marginally slower than him. In the ten years Walcott has been here, he hasnt demonstrated a particular strength in technical ability, footballing intelligence, advantageous physical attributes or anything else that i would consider important to be a "world class" or even above average footballer. When hes on the pitch, it feels like we're playing with ten men. Surely there must be hundreds of players knocking around the lower leagues who would be just as good for us?

I appreciate we have invested a lot in him and his development, but i think its time to see that for what it is, a sunken cost, and one that needs to be written off immediately. For his wage, we should be getting a world class player of Özil and Sanchez's level. God knows how we are going to get him off our books with his salary

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Hope your all keeping well and in good health.

indy23

The man has sacrificed a lot for Arsenal. I doubt money is really a driving force to his happiness. He loves Arsenal, lets not forget that.

Towards the end, looked like something in him broke. Hopefully after we lose or draw to Sp**s, we can bounce back :bounce:

He gets paid too much. Sacrifice? He got comfortable.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
tumblr_nzibsxvoRP1un7fp4o1_500.gif

Everyday I remember Walcott came on.

OSBK

Established Member
what was really disturbing was we needed a goal and yet it was just giroud up front with theo and Welbeck on the wings....

I do believe that if we lose against the spuds and don't beat hull then wenger will get ze boot

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Aye this was the year to make your mark finally. Really wanted you to win it as I can't stand Man City or Chelsea.

Hopefully you smash Sp**s plus Leicester still have to play us so maybe we can do you a favour! We've got a decent record v Leicester at home.

Didn't watch the match tonight what was the problem? Did Swansea just survive an onslaught and Nick a couple on the counter or did they deserve it?
Just the usual failures in front of goal, people missing chances left right and centre, struggling to gain any sort of consistent fluency or urgency, lack of concentration at key times in defence..i could go on and on but it's basically the same old **** that we're known for.

We deserve all the criticism and stereotypes that are thrown our way and not even the most religious of AKB's can say otherwise anymore. We're barely a top club anymore either. Spiraling towards Liverpool level.

eyoba

I thought we were good for the majority of the game. But after they scored, our transition seemed to slow down and we keep passing the ball back in our own half. I wish chamber was in Gabriel's place. He is a good passer of the ball and could have carried the ball forward freeing Ramsey of this duty.
What I don't get is why Campbell got substituted. He was the one who seemed to have more of a shot of creating something than any of our attackers. May be Wenger is saving him for the weekend game.
With that being said, I think we are going to win against Sp**s. Why I think that, I don't know. It is just a gut feeling.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Swansea have a 100% shot/conversion record tonight. We are bad at scoring,can't defend and have a non existent MF. Utd and City are four points behind and Utd have momentum. The only conso?ation is that we haven't lost the in a row for ages. Sadly, I trust this team to change that at the weekend. I knew it wouldn't be easy tonight but having got a rare early goal, we really capitols have kept things tight. I laughed at Chelsea all season, but this team are doing a really good impression of them. Maybe the players want Wenger out. So very depressing....

Gooner_girl14

Theo needs a proper break until next season. I don't see how he deserves any game time at the moment. Flamini can contribute more. I know I'm going over the top but I've got to fume today.

Theo needs to go far away from Arsenal. Perennially injured, and the first season in a while he's actually fit and he is completely ineffective and looks like the same clueless teenager as when he came. I have lost all hope in him. Sell him while he's still relatively young

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
The January transfer window was such a great chance to take advantage of a massive opportunity. And what did we do? We signed, with all respect, El Neny. We should have signed 2 good players and we would have been top of the EPL. Grrrrrr.

Nobody wants to win the EPL. Leicester will start to crumble. A win at Spuds and we can still do it. Just don't know where/who it should be coming from.

I know, Elneny was a waste of a signing, not going to contribute **** this season.

The league is really there for the taking, I'm sure both Leicester and Sp**s will drop a lot of points, but I just don't have faith in us taking advantage anymore.. It's not only the dropped points, but we're playing badly and struggling to score.. Something has to change and quick, I just can't see it happening anymore unfortunately..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom